Join our server on Discord

The best of both worlds
I was re-watching the first season of Digimon on DVD. I have to say the first twenty episodes really don't hold up that well in retrospect. However, I did notice many parallels between them and the Digimon World game:

Primary Village = Green Gym and Jijimon's House screen
Factory with Andromon = Factory with Andromon
Toy Town with Monzaemon = Toy Town with Monzaemon
Sewers with Numemon = Sewers with Numemon
Devimon's fake mansion = Myotismon's mansion
Frigimon helping Tai and Agumon get warm = Frigimon curing Digimon when he's in Freezeland too long
Centarumon in the labyrinth = Centarumon in the labyrinth
Infinity Mountain = Infinity Mountain
Whamon taking the kids to the underwater convenience store = Secret Beach Cave
Piximon being rarely seen = Having to catch Piximon at just the right time

Anyone else notice these or have a few of your own to add?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Just incase you didn't know... I thought I was a superfan, but I just found this out recently... I guess that originally Digimon was going to only be 13 eps, they defeat Devimon and went home. But the ratings were so well that they tried to make it longer, which short term didn't work well... Etemon... *Shudders* ... But in the long run it worked itself out.
(05-28-2013 11:16 AM)Takatofan1986 Wrote: Just incase you didn't know... I thought I was a superfan, but I just found this out recently... I guess that originally Digimon was going to only be 13 eps, they defeat Devimon and went home. But the ratings were so well that they tried to make it longer, which short term didn't work well... Etemon... *Shudders* ... But in the long run it worked itself out.

Actually, a thought the Devimon arc was about equal to the Etemon arc, not that either of them were terribly well written. I'm glad they worked out most of the kinks as well. One thing I noticed on re-watching was how epic the background score for the show was. I think that might have helped to get a lot of kids hooked subliminally until the writing got its footing.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
(05-28-2013 11:16 AM)Takatofan1986 Wrote: Just incase you didn't know... I thought I was a superfan, but I just found this out recently... I guess that originally Digimon was going to only be 13 eps, they defeat Devimon and went home. But the ratings were so well that they tried to make it longer, which short term didn't work well... Etemon... *Shudders* ... But in the long run it worked itself out.

I wish people would stop repeating this rumor.

The show was never intended to be 13 episodes. It would have been completely impossible to produce entirely new episodes on a weekly basis if they didn't start until far enough in the series to decide it was doing well.
[Image: signature.png]
Thank you. I would have said that but I was occupied yesterday. But yes. It's a rumor and nothing else.
I'm sorry :( I didn't know
Don't worry about it.