Join our server on Discord

Digimon Cards from Jindrix and Collectors. Update 1-11-13
Yeah, specially in a country where a sentai anime has to fight for popularity, where a sentai live acting show is watched just because its a sentai live acting show.
Just curious, was there ever an actual card game played with Digimon cards? I remember the cards, but I don't recall seeing a single game played with them.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
According to the season 3 there was... Perhaps it was only really commercially widespread in japan?
The most dangerous phrase ever uttered in all of minecraftia: "/give honeydew 46 64"

Imaginato disciplinis cognoscere modum; sciam quid et ingenii?
My learning and imagination know no bounds; why should my knowledge and abilities?

[Image: scorpiomoon.jpg]
Alchemy: [from the Moon to] Scorpio to man to eagle to the phoenix (female) [to the sun] back to Her consciousness outside the box she created.
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Yes. I just don't know if it was popular. I even had a deck.
There have been two actual card games in Japan. The first, and longest running, was Hyper Colosseum. This was the one featured in Tamers, and lasted from the early days of Digimon until sometime after the X-Evolution movie. It was fairly popular, shown by its longevity, and there were tournaments and such.

The second game was Card Game Alpha, which started and ended in the Savers era.

Nowadays, there is no playable card game in Japan. Two sets of game cards do exist, called Super Digica Taisen and Jintrix, seen in this thread. The former set is used with an arcade-style machine called a Battle Terminal, and the second is some sort of online game. There is no "offline" card game to go along with them.

In America, we had an adaptation of Hyper Colosseum, which was supported through Season Three. For Season Four, there was a watered down card game called D-Tector, which was a simplistic card game that nobody liked. In the years since, there was an attempt at a revival with a game called Digi Battle, but it was plagued with distribution problems and fading interest from Bandai, and didn't last very long. The first and third, at least, did have tournaments for a while.

I choose to believe that Digimon cards were sold as accessories for the actual Digimon they have over in Japan.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
No, they don't have actual ones. They're too small of a place. Only reason.
But that is what the cards are for.
I remember there was a online program in English to play Hyper Colosseum, whatever happened to that?
I think the original Digi-Battle cards looked better. I still have mine.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
That... is one pimpin' Greymon...
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army