Join our server on Discord

New RP idea.
There are things that go bump in the night. Weres, zombies, vampires, in truth they are nothing but demons, but who are the ones that bump back? The order of the Holy Cross are the only defense against these monsters and more. Every year potential Exorcists are brought to the Holy Cross Academy, those touched by the demons are scarred not physically but spiritually, granting them the power to see these creatures in our world. They are the only ones capable of fighting back against the invasion.

Had this idea not too long ago, kinda like the Furry highschool RP from decades ago but with a touch more action added in. The premise is the characters living and training in the school and surrounding township.

I've worked a few things out but would like some feedback. For starters everyone will appear human at the very least if not be human. The Exorcists do not accept demons or demonic stuff, they will shoot first and then maybe ask a question along the lines of 'Right through the eyes how badass was that?'. So you are allowed to be a demonspawn or partially possessed and keep your demonic powers sealed away till needed giving you the appearance of a human but if exposed infront of the wrong people it could mean your death.

As for the more actiony parts the Exorcists each have diffrent roles:

Knight: Quick fighters favoring swords and blades, usually at the front of any attack.

Doctor: Specializing in medical skills using holy magic, can use their magic against certain types of demons, mainly possessions, but overall weak in combat.

Dragoon: Back line fighters specializing in enchanted firearms. They often carry a number of guns loaded with special rounds to cater to the situation.

Chanter: Each species of demon is vulnerable to a specific type of chant in the holy language. The chanters are the second smallest in number due to the difficulty of learning and memorizing the many chants, though their power is second to none.

Summoner: The summoner is easily the rarest of the Cross's warriors. Capable of summoning and controlling demonic forces to fight for them. They are a rarity because it requires a natural gift to even have the potential to become a summoner. They are not in control of their demons entirely, the demons obey so long as their summoner's will is stronger than their own, but should it falter the summoned demons will not hesitate to strike against their summoner, making their's a difficult role to master.

You'd be capable of having a main an sub class. A sub class will grant some abilities from it but will not be as strong as a main class.

Example: a Knight/Doctor will be as strong as a knight while having access to some healing, though to a lesser degree than a main class doctor. And likewise a Doctor/Knight will be capable of fighting but to a lesser degree than a MC Knight.

If anyone's interested and would like to brainstorm a bit speak up.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Can I be the son of Satan that is half human and when ever I unsheathe my sword demonic blue flames surround my body? Maybe I got a twin to that is a dragoon; but later starts to develop demonic powers like his twin?

Also Don't knights use demonic swords to hack demons to pieces? Another Dragoons are gunners I thought not armored tanks? Two more things the school is ran by Mephisto who is the son of the devil and demon and the school is called True Cross.

Sorry for highjacking your thread for a moment; I like the Ao no Exorcist series and your rp reminded so much of it I had to give you a bad time about it being like the anime.
------------
The rp itself sounds good. The chanter I wouldn't say is weak to the holy language since not everyone speaks. So I would say if say a certain scripture in the bible it can cause a certain type of demon to be banished.

Maybe their are two types of knights dark and white knights. Dark knights would be those that use demonic weapons; but haven't been taken over by them. The whites knights would be those who use holy weapons to smite demons?

Instead of dragoons be being just tanks. maybe they are martial artists who pray and can create barriers that can stop demons or slow them down as they fight?
[Image: dragonimage_76557_72430_pixel.gif]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
Added in a lot of things from the manga when I started reading it. Originally just monsters and stuff, more fitting of van helsing or castlevania but then took a few things from Blue Exorcist and added it in. Dark Knights wouldn't work since we're talking borderline scarlet crusade lol, if it's demonic in any way shape or form shoot first ask questions never. If they were open about demonic stuff then there'd be no need to hide characters who are demonic in some way. And no son of satan, can be touched by a fire demon or something if you want flame powers. Like I said took some ideas from the manga but it's not an anime RP.

On an unrelated note careful with spoilers for stuff. Just exposed a few things to me about the manga I didn't know.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Mephisto is actually Blackheart and he's been tasked with making Spider-Man into the Silver Surfer! /spoilers

I like the idea of a college focused in kicking ass. Reminds me of the Magical Starsign RP but it doesn't sound like we'll be floating in a pocket dimension this time. How about having real practical assignments after every class? So it's not like: "Okay guys I'm your hot teacher with big boobs, everyone's present so go back to your room to fuck or sleep."

Instead they could hand out assignments such as go slay X monster at Y place and bring me Z. Pair up with with another student in groups no bigger than up to 3 people, etc.

Stuff to force us to be on the action side at all times. :T
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Dangit Mar that was totally a plan further down in the RP. Now I'll have to rewrite it.

And giving them a lesson on some kind of demon, or some kind of item useful in slaying them and sending them out for field exercises. Can imagine a teacher just sitting back reading a book while they're getting tossed around by some monster lol.

Student: HEEELLLP! *Being thrown around by a giant tentacle monster*
Teacher: You're doing fine, got him on the ropes, *Flipping through a magazine*
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
What do you mean by the Scarlet Crusade I mean all I found out was it was a group in wow mytho's?

If your also going by the logic anything demonic is killed or destroyed then you can't have summoners then since they use demons, they would be seen as being in league with them. So if your going to keep summoners then my idea is just as valid about dark knights.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
Cause a summoned demon can be banished or just shot/stabbed/killed. Demonic weaponry tends to come with curses and stuff. Bit off a diffrence between summoning something killable and wielding a possession machine. And the scarlet crusade reference is cause they kill anything demonic or undead, not even caring if it's sentient or evil or anything,
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
As I look over and think about it more the dragoon as a heavy armor knight really wouldn't work well. Guess I was thinking too much along the lines of RPG elements when I came up with the initial classes. So yeah gonna remove hunter and have the dragoon be the gunner one, no one'd probably pick the heavy armor dragoon anyways when you think about it, who'd wanna just be a guy in a lot of armor lol.

Hoping some others show up, wouldn't be much with only 3 people.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well if it doesn't take off on here try sofurry it has a good rp base; but don't expect people to play more than one character unless it is like a npc and your lucky at that.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
Hi! Been a while, now that I have internet I'm gonna be more active! hope you dont' mind if I join.

I'm gonna be a Damphir Doctor, with a Knight Subclass and he will have amazing regeneration abilities, kinda like Wolverine's healing factor, is it posible?
To see some of my artwork Click here