Join our server on Discord

The Oracle 1st series Chapter 1 "The begining
The Oracle
Chapter 1
“The Beginning”
“Ugh! We've been walking for days.” an upbeat yet annoyed voice grumbled. It was around noon time, this is where the story starts with four brave adventures. Kyu, a playful, lively, and sometimes annoying kitsune. Standing about six foot two inches with the colors of any normal fox except he had nine tails trailing behind him. This kitsune is not to be taken lightly, he is one of the strongest mages in his guild.

“Here we go again, you're always complaining Kyu.” Another voice said, this time it seemed to be just as annoyed as the first although it was a little more feminine. This was Crue, a red haired, cream coated wolf that stood at five foot flat. Ironically for being the only female of the party she was the strongest. She was one of the few paladins in her the guild left so she had to be stronger and be able to take a beating while her team did the real damage she was just an armored shell with a sword and shield. She was a hot head and had quite a temper on her but she's always ready to defend her self and her friends for the right reasons.

Maolin just stood there, quietly shacking his head at the two. “You guys are always fighting, can't you ever get along?” Maolin was the mysterious one of the group, always so quiet and reserved, never jumping the gun and always gathering as much information before coming to his conclusion. This dark raccoon stood at 5 feet and 11 inches. Taking the role as the groups assassin his personality suited him nicely, unlike the rest.

“Quite down you two. Were almost at our destination.” his low, rugged but strong voice called out over his shoulder. No one really understood what Setus, the jackal was. The best description someone would give you is, a commending warrior. This all black jackal did not wear much of anything, the only things that slowed him down were all his weapons. Setus was a strong willed, strong heated person who always listened to people, always trying to make the best decisions he could. If he was not this way it could cost him and his team their life.

The four of them were completely opposite of each other, yet, they completed each other in a seance. Each one of them trained together, ate together, sleep together, even bathed together. Well, not anymore due to Kyus'. . . behavior around the others while doing so. Never the less, the four of them were the top team in there guild, the traveling peace keepers.

“Get along with him?!” Crue shouted confused. “Get along with her?!” Kyu also proclaimed at the same time. “How could I?” Kyu ready to cry. “She's just so mean.” Kyu sniffling “oof-!” Kyu exclaimed rubbing the back of his head after a loud metal clank was heard. “Shut it Kyu. You're as annoying as ever. You are also very wasteful”Crue yelled angrily at Kyu “Wasteful?! How so?”

Maolin just sighed and laughed slightly at the two. Setus shaking his head as Crue looked at her fist, ready to punch Kyu into the heavens “Kyu” Setus replied, talking for Crue. “remember that tree with all the 'pretty leaves' you liked so much?” “Yeah?” Kyu asked tilting his head. “You wanted the leaf from the top, how did you get it down?” Setus continued his question. “With magic spell. Why? So what? The leafs at the top or the prettiest!” “Good, I'm not done yet, now that fire last night, how did you start it?” Crue now shutting her eyes trying her best not to attack Kyu. “Uhm, with magic? So? We needed a fire.” Kyu trying to defend himself. “With perfectly good flint and tinder in a forest. We could of just cut down a tree you know. Now, remember that leaf and the fire. Where did you put that leaf?” Kyu stood there silently. “. . . I wanted to see if it would. SORRRRRYYYYY!!!!” Kyu unable to finish his sentence he was sent flying into a nearby tree by Crues punch so she finished his sentence for hi. “You wanted to see how it would smell. What a waste of perfectly good mage ingredients.”

Kyu slowly slipped down the tree. “S-sorry Crue.” Dizzy eyed from the punch. Maolin rolled his eyes at the situation. “But it's okay! Were close to the next city! I can get more supplies there!” Kyu refilled with vigor.

“Don't speak too soon.” Setus said with a long pause as they came over a hill and into view of the town “Woah.” Kyu said in shook, the town in flames and ruins. “What happened here?” Kyu added. “Looks like someone else wants the Oracle.” Maolin added calmly. “Maolin, I want you to sneek ahead, we'll enter the city head on, Kyu, you know what to do.” Setus commanding his team “Right! Spell cast, invisibility!” placing a power stone onto Maolins' forehead which anchored itself there for a while before turning completely invisible along with Maolin.

Although you could not see Maolin nodded his head as a dust of wind was kicked up as he ran forward. The rest waited a short time before advancing. “Stick together.” Setus said simply as the team walked into the city aflame. After awhile, searching for anyone alive in the side, they came across survivors. Who were being harassed by raiders. There were about seven of them, stealing from houses, raping the innocent women and tottering the males that were around before killing them off for their sick amusement.

“take cover in the alleys when I give the signal, you know what to do.” Setus said as he walked up by his lonesome. “Aye-aye captain.” Kyu said playfully as he went in one direction, Crue going in another.

One of the raiders noticing Setus walking up. “Oh look here boys, we got a tough guy.” The large bull laughed noticing Setus' equipment. Setus said without worrying “Stand down and I won't kill you, this is your first warning.” The bull, yet again, laughed in Setus face holding his large axe. “Can you count? There are more of us then you.” the crowd of seven walking towards him, Setus drew his sword and pointed it threateningly at the bull. “This is your second warning, leave now and you may live to see another day.” The seven bandits hesitantly took another step to him.”That's it! I'm done with you're empty threats Jackal!” Charging him, Setus not moving a muscle. “Taste my blade! RAAHH!-”

Suddenly the Bull stopped, the raiders behind him as well, all in shock. The Bull falling to his knees, the back of his head was priced with an arrow. “Now!” Setus yelled out, charging one of the shocked raiders head one, gabbing his sword into his wide open chest, Kyu jumping out taking out another using a fire spell followed by a water spell, encasing his enemy in stone. Crue, being the aggressive type took at two, charging one with a shield bash the other using a deep gash at his chest as she ran by him. The two left started backing away slowly afraid. “M-monsters.” One of them said as the other was suddenly grabbing at the air behind him, suddenly, blade wounds appearing on his neck and sides where there were open spots in his armor. The raider made a loud clank as he thudded to the floor, Mailon re appearing in-front of the last of the raiders.

“You killed my friend!” Attacking with his long sword with rage as Crue ran over and blocked his sword with her shield. Kyu saw this and finished him off with a lighting attack that went through his whole body without hurting Crue.

“Good job everyone.” Setus said as they all put away their weapons. As Setus walked over to the knocked out raider by Crues shield bash the rest helped the survivors to there feet and told them to escape the village. Setus kicks the raider in the head to wake him up. The raider came too, dizzy, his vision blurry, he just remained silent along with Setus. “If you're going to kill me, due it now, jackle I have nothing to say to you.” Removing his own breast plate and helmet. It was a female lion with her chest covered in tape so she could wear her armor. A female? Setus thought to himself, that's quite a shock. “I'm not going to kill you, so long as you can provide me with simple information. Why are you here? Also, who are you here with? A raiding party of seven could not do so much damage.”

“Why should I tell you? I'll just end up dieing anyway.” the lion snuffed shacking her head in disappointment. “Besides, I'm just some scrub, I have no idea why our commander, Kiros is here. I just joined him when I heard we were going to raid a town, it seemed like a great job full of pay. 'Take what every you want, I just want one thing.' is what he said, how could I refuse that?” the lion said. “Sadly, that's all I can tell you, I might have spoken to much already.”

Setus nodded. “I see, did they say anything about an Oracle or some sort of relic? And where is your commander now?” Setus trying to get more information.

“In the city square, he gathered up people and a items that he wanted. I guess he lied when he said 'I just want one thing.' As for this relic? It's non of my business to know, so I never found out, nor have I heard talk of that's what he's after, but after all this I wouldn't be shocked if that's what he's after.”

Setus steeped aside for the lion. “Get out of this city, if you need help, keep heading east, our guild is the traveling peace keepers. If you're looking to repent for your sins you can start by going there.” Setus, trying to be helpful. As the lion stood to her feet.

“A noble man of his word, I like that.” The lion sighs as she fixes herself up. “Nah, I've sinned to much to repent, and boy, do I love to sin, this is the only life for me jackle.” The lion started walking away. “later.”

As Setus nods to her the others return up to Setus telling him everything he already knows. “You let her go?” Kyu confused at Setus choice. “Boy Setus, you're to nice.” Kyu shacking his head. “I gave her my word, the commander is in the city square huh? . . . Let's go find out if he's here for the reasons we think.” “Right behind you.” the others said following him onward into the city, where a larger, more dangerous fight was brewing.

To be continued. . .

Story I'm working on, Chapter 2 is being proofed by the person who helped me RP this whole thing. I plan to have a few side stories of this, but this is the main thing. I'm thinking maybe 32 Chapters for the main story.(Odd number, I know.)
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz