Join our server on Discord

Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 20 (74)
The Rare Card Disappeared! The Unbeatable RookChessmon

So... How will this work.
Oh look, it's a Pseudo-Kaiser wannabe! >XD
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
(02-18-2012 03:33 PM)SnK Wrote: Oh look, it's a Pseudo-Kaiser wannabe! >XD

Well, let's see, Adventure, 02, Frontier, and they kind of reference Tamers with the card mon, plus the stupid Savers stuff, yup all seasons covered!
Still here even if the site and the forum are kind of dead!
I disagree with that. Savers wasn't stupid.
Sub is out!
Still here even if the site and the forum are kind of dead!
Wow~! Personally, I have to say this is probably the best DOtW episode as of the current. I like the interaction between Yuu and Hiroya... Maybe Yuu have seen a bit of his old self from a year ago on Hiroya who was craving rare cards just to be number one on that card game.
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
Here we are with the card ep. Meanwhile, I have worse then a cucking fold. I am not fond of cold days. Or very hot days for that matter. *ahem*

We start with a card that says Orca Blue, Attack power 10000 and a kid uses a Flying Fish Yellow, attack 5000. He fails. But that's mostly because he doesn't have any good cards even though he used all his money. Which is why I only play the Video Game versions of Children's Card Games. Three guys come in and say how all the computers are occupied. Then they go mess with that kid, named Hiroya. He's rank 2560. Not very good. And these three jerks shove him out of the way.

He wishes he had rare cards and when a cat walks out into the street, the traffic light on the pole next to the crosswalk and he gets Time Shifted. That cat switches to a tiny White KnightChessmon. And he says how he'll help him get his wish. After the opening Tagiru and Yuu are walking while Tagiru balances a ball on his finger. It drops and goes to those three jerks from the start of the show. Yuu tells Tagiru that this is the "Sea Monsters" game and the others say how the cards they just got weren't very good. But at least they're better then Hiroya. Who is actually in the 2 digit ranking not 4. And then he shows off his rare cards then walks away maybe swag-like. Tagiru says he'd rather collect digimon instead and Yuu says that he wouldn't remember the rules anyway. The three jerks said that good players in this game suddenly get sucked into another dimension and their rare cards taken which sounds like a plot to Yuu and Tagiru.

Tagiru runs across three kids who got their cards taken too and asks Taiki why they're upset about this. Yuu tells him that it's really important to them and that's why. Taiki makes him realize that they "can't turn their back" on these people so Tagiru is all up for it now. But this is a difficult task to find the Digimon so they'll just go to the Tournament to see if they can catch it. So now for rules. The cards have a code on them that are scanned and appear on the screen. Just like all games like this in Japan. Now Hiroya shows up to face this one dork and get a lot of fans/fangirls.

First up, Dork use Sea Urchin Purple, 20000. (reminds me of the Urchins you'd find in The City sewers and a reference few may get.)

Next, Hiroya summons Shark Red, 30000.

Dork counters with the Sushi card to block the power of Hiroya. Then Dork uses Mantis Shrimp Gold, 100000. Dork Wins.

3 turns.

Meanwhile, watching this, Yuu freaks out then notices Hiroya walking away in anger and obviously, he'll beat up that Dork to take his cards. Afterwards, said dork is walking home and calling his mom to say how in short, Screw the rules, you have money. or more simply, he won because his mother loves him and bought him good cards. Then he gets Time Shifted. ...I might do the same... In DigiQuartz, White KnightChessmon attacks and takes away said cards. Hiroya is dressed in a mask and checkered cloak and said Chessmon is much bigger now. And now, 30 second to 10 minutes, Gumdramon finally shows up and starts to hunt. It does not go well and he gets kicked into one of the many TV that are around them in the area. Gumdramon crawls out just before they leave and almost gets hit by that dart thing the Kight levels carry. Tagiru wonders who that was, Yuu knows, and Dork is crying about his card.

At his home, Hiroya looks at all the cards he has and that he's rank 10. He then thanks White KnightChessmon who Time Shifts him to say he's welcome. Hiroya now wants even more so some dark looking energy powers up White KnightChessmon. He saddles up and they set up to plan. Another new Digimon, Pillowmon! A pillow monster. Outside, our heroes are discussing the DMOTW. At the playground, Jerks are talking/fanboy-ing to Hiroya and after ego-ing, he walks off to met with Yuu who probably figured this all out since he's the brains. He tries to talk him out of it but our villain is not listening. And he just goes back to taking cards. A Silver Lock Ness Monster with 10000 from some kid makes White KnightChessmon grow into a Black KnightChessmon. Little surprised he didn't turn Orange with all the greed he's absorbing. But I guess since it already saved the world once, it can do whatever it wants now. And at his house, he gets to #1 finally. Then Time Shifting, Black KnightChessmon hears about this and abosorbs his happiness about this. And now he looks either as bad as I feel or worse. Very thin. And I don't feel very good.

Enough of that, He now Super-Evos to Black RookChessmon. Darn. Wanted to see the white one. So, he then dumps Hiroya since his greed is over and empty, he needs a new kid to get stronger. But to King or Queen Chessmon? Now Hiroya is almost stumbling down the street then gets stopped by RookChessmon and Dork, now in the mask and cape. Then, taking Hiroya's cards Black Rookchessmon gets more and more greed. He's getting so strong maybe he'll be the King soon. And all this is hurting Hiroya emotionally. To show how badly it hurt him, in the real world playground, he dumped all his cards on the ground but the Jerks don't want them since they're all weak cards.

Now, Xros Heart shows up to help. Hiroya tells them about everything and after surprise from Taiki about it, they rush off to Hunt. Yuu stays behind for a bit. Let's do the Time Shift again... Dork has been dryed out and another kid has the cards. Yuu and the other show up to Hunt and are surprised at how big he is. But, Yuu will win somehow. Both Rook Gattling and Strong Fold send the team running and Tagiru Super Evos Gumdramon to help. But not even his two attacks can hurt the very armed castle on legs. And Strong Fold is where he attacks with his whole body. Which is how he devos Gumdramon. Hiroya finally gets it and starting some music, Tagiru reloads Blossommon to stop Black Rook Chessmon from moving. Taiki uses the Starmonz to blind him and Yuu has Damemon use BooSt Attack which stinks and is really annoying flying around him everywhere. But it stopped right where he'd end up getting shot but, he falls and Black Rook Chessmon shoots himself. How do you beat the strongest shield? with the strongest sword. And now, they can send all three main Mons to attack. Now Yuu grabs him and this heals Hiroya and any other kids. Who will now return all the Rare Cards he took and even play Yuu in a game later. Tagiru too if he can remember the rules. Yelling Tagiru into the credits.

Intro Corner for Black RookChessmon and Xrossing him with Revolmon. While it gives him a cool hat/scarf, the bullets have gotten smaller for some reason. And I thought the accuracy upgrade would be a good idea. Next ep has Bakomon, the Cardboard Box Mon, takes everyone (including Yuu's Harem) to the Digimon Land Amusment Park. And we see Pillowmon. And Jokermon, the other clown Mon. There's even more Boxmons and Sefirotmon, the big Metal bunch of Eyes. He's the DMOTW next ep.
Creep big metal bunch of eyes with equally creepy big juicy red lips.
Ew. Gross.