Join our server on Discord

Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 17 (71)
It actually doesn't. I'm just saying, Shoutmon is the King so everyone should know him.

Let's get through this episode. I think it has some importance.

Starting off with "Team Extra", three of the Hunters from the Kiriha/Goggleboys returns in the big hunt episode, are searching for an Omegamon. And of course Tagiru is here. Since he heard about the Legendary Digimon that helped Taiki before. But before he can put the drawing of said Digimon away, he hears some screams. The pair run out and the see the three in underpants/shirts because the thing that looks like Omegamon stole their clothes. ...Right... Anyway, Gumdramon grabs him around the chest which makes him turn around and it's... an ugly bucktoothed cat face. Gumdramon seems to know who this is.

This episode will have a lot of Japanese styled "cold gags" which just prove that Japanese puns can be hard to get at times. But it could be worse it could be old man jokes. Those are just as hard or harder to get.

*ahem*

Tagiru ask the creature who he is and he says he's Omegamon. But he isn't because his face is different. And Legendary Warriors don't strip kids and still their clothes. Not!Omegamon says they do sometimes. Since he obviously knows the lost legendary PedoMonzaemon. Who of course, was sealed away after being caught doing this and other things. Non sequitur? Maybe but everything I say can be that.

Not!Omegamon uses the Greysword attack and Tagiru avoids it. Gumdramon really knows who this is. Then The Thing, gets hit by a fire attack. It was from Shoutmon. And there's Damemon and humans too. Of course Shoutmon knows that wasn't Omegamon. But no there's two? Shoutmons? Maybe 1 and 1/2. And now Not!Shoutmon throws a poor attempt at a Rock Soul attack at Shoutmon and of course, the King is pissed. So It throws off the disguise and shows it's self as Betsumon. That creature everyone hates. And hey, the giant belly button was one thing it couldn't hide like his face. Betsumon doesn't remember Gumdramon and won't want to be hunted then he tells a big Cold Gag which is one of his attacks. And it really makes everyone cold. Literally. Then he runs.

Back at a playground, Shoutmon says how Betsumon is a wanted criminal in the Digiworld and how his disguises are obvious but they fool everyone. Much like Roger Smith on American Dad. And Betsumon just looks strong and thinks he is so he gets stronger. Plus his jokes sucks. Which annoys Tagiru the most. Gumdramon however doesn't want to hunt him then goes back into the Loader. Shoutmon tells Taiki something important and Old Man Clock shows up. Oh as well as "Team Antagonist". And much like everyone, they hate Betsumon too. He pretended to be Angemon for Ryouma, Stingmon for Ren, and Pandamon for Airu who then almost got her skirt stolen. And not only is he the worst as she says but he's also a stupid perv. Only Yuu can pull on her clothes. Not that she'd admit it. And that's what I say. While Ryouma doesn't care, the other two are pissed. So Old Man and Other!Clockmon says that the two groups should just team up already. At least to beat this stupid excuse for a DMOTW up.

Taiki agrees since this pervert is someone he can't turn his back on. Because of what Shoutmon told him about Gumdramon. or something. Back in the DigiQuartz, Idiotmon is running while being chased by Shoutmon and Harpymon. They're told to run down an alley by Astamon. ...Or actually Not!Astamon since Ryouma and Astamon are right there behind him. The chasing him, Haprymon gets shot down so the "loving" couple of Yuu and Airu chase him for now. Airu then grabs on to him and makes it hard for them to do anything. Then DarkKnightmon reappears! ...Wait. That's Not!DarkKnightmon. Yuu should be pissed but for now, he just jumps out of the way with Airu to avoid the attack. The "Ta" duo runs up and since Harpymon isn't good enough, Tagiru has to get Gumdramon out and since Taiki knows what's wrong and Shoutmon tells him he has to face him. And now Gumdramon will reload.

It seems these two used to be friends as the #1 Wild Child and Thief. But VegasConcertMon (because of the multiple costume changes) does not remember him and only has his costumes as friends. And he's forgotten Gumdramon. So they have to take him out. But Gumdramon isn't super evoing. Luckily, Damemon and Opossummon did so they and Shoutmon block the attack that lets the Jerkmon escape. Gumdramon is mad about this and Ryouma is upset about how this worked out and cancels the team. Tagiru tells him they'll take care of everything.

In the human world, Gumdramon explains what happened with him and the Mon everyone hates. In the Digital world, A Bastemon is being chased by three Roachmon. And that one Bat Armor Digimon. Pipsimon? Anyway it's not Bastemon of course. And Gumdramon pops out to beat them up. In the area where Heaven Zone was (I'm guessing) Police Chief Zenigatamon... I mean Gargoylemon show up with his Pixiemon but they get beat up too. While Gumdramon freaks out, Betsumon tells him about his Greeed. While his is only for clothes to make up his disguises, Gumdramon just wants to be well known. Shoutmon then shows up and yells at them so Betsumon turns into Monitamon and smokescreens away. But in the smoke, a large monkey-like creature pops up and attacks. This makes Betsumonitamon run away like a little bitch. That monkey thing was Goku(w)mon who knocked out Gumdramon and hasn't seen Shoutmon in a while. Why did he come down here? Because his boss and Shoutmon's friend, the female Sanzomon told him too. And so, they locked Gumdramon into a Zone of Darkness for awhile.

Shoutmon tells Gumdramon he has to save Betsumon. But Gumdramon just acts like a little kid and doesn't want the King's parent-like help. Heh. So, Tagiru and Gumdramon need to be alone with each other for awhile. Before they leave, Taiki tells him about the fight with Puppetmon to remind him about friends. Leaving, Tagiru gives Gumdramon his opinion in the tradition of punching him in the face. Like all great friends. In the DigiQuartz Taiki shows up with Yuu and Tsuwamon at Betsumon's hide out, a warehouse. Of course. Now back with the calm discussion of friendship between Tagiru and Gumdramon Tagiru gets knocked back by Gumdramon's punch of discussion. Tagiru hits him with two disagreements across the face. Gumdramon says how he doesn't care about Betsumon because of the bitch run but Tagiru points out this is stopping him from super evo. And how being Super-Honest is the only good trait they have. And after hearing partner, Gumdramon flashes back to the darkness where after ranting, Sanzomon and Goku(w)mon show up and much like a different wild child, Sanzomon places the gold band on his tail to make him act better and search for friends. And that's what he did. Now his jerk-butt of a friend needs his help. But even if he doesn't remember him, they can always just beat it back into him.

Now, in the hideout for That One, we see a bunch of kids making the costumes. Of course, his Greeed is huge now. This Desire of his won't be saving any world but it is making him crazy. And now, his greatest piece! Examon! Huh. I've seen huge things come from Greeed and this is a lot like them. Now Gumdramon flying in with a smack. Now we get a Friendship speech ending in a Super-Evo. So now we have Arresterdramon VS. Not!Examon with Tsuwamon and Shoutmon playing back up. We also get a DigiXros with Blossomon to give him a head on his chest, flower wings, vine tails, and those flower arms. Which he uses to tie up Not!Examon. But how do they keep him from moving? Taiki had an idea. He tells really cold jokes to freeze up. This lets him be captured and back to normal. He then apologized as we move to the two teams and Old Man Clock. Airu is close to Yuu again and Ryouma is impressed. The future Mrs. Yuu wonders why Tagiru's keeping Betsumon and he says since he's Gumdramon's friend he has too. I guess that works but he might not show up again so that's good. Tagiru and Gumdramon go off to find more Digimon and the Old Man closes out with a very Cold Joke. But I guess it's also an Old Man's Gag.

Intro Corner, Betsumon DigiXros with Omega Shoutmon? Makes a Gold Betsumon. ...No, wait, that's fake gold. Next ep, Ekakimon, the Pencil that won from a contest. Remember him? So he makes things real and the team fights monsters.
I loved this episode! I do remember Betsumon card had an attack that did 800 of Damage back in the V-tamer days...
Still here even if the site and the forum are kind of dead!