Join our server on Discord

New to RPGs...
Hey guys.. :) I've been looking around the forums and I'm interested in becoming part of an RPG, but I'm not entirely sure of the best way to go around joining one or starting one?? If anyone has any experience with that please let me know :) thaaaanks..
There are a few ground rules to cover, many of which are explained at the beginning of each individual RP. Most Game Masters(GMs) have specific rules they prefer to go by, but many of which are universal. Things like proper grammar and sentence structure are key, as well as keeping with the flow of the posters around you. Some people prefer to have everyone get a chance to post, therefore giving everyone an equal turn, while the preferred of this forum is 6 posts per two people or so before you gotta wait for others to catch up. As I said, many of the rules pertaining to the individual RP are usually covered at the start, but an RP started by more accomplished players will usually omit these rules under the assumption that the chosen players already know them.

As for joining, if you have a good idea, by all means post something up as a primer, see if anyone's interested. If They are, set it up and you're on your way. If you see an RP that's going on that looks interesting, PM the GM(usually the one who first posted the RP) and ask if you can join. Of course, you can always just ask OOC(out of character) in the RP itself.

I myself am rather musty when it comes to RPing. I used to RP alot but things have slowed down since I've grown a bit and life's caught up with me. I can't recite the regs off the top of my head, but usually if you're polite, keep to the story of the game, and use proper RP format(sentences everyone can understand, paragraphs instead of one-liners), you'll have no problem immersing yourself in an RP.

Hope it helps.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan