Join our server on Discord

Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 12 (66)
Delicious? Disgusting? Digimon Ramen Contest!

Almost forgot this. Due to all the spam.
It seems two topics were lost during spam cleaning so I'll post my thoughts on the last ep in this topic.

Took a while but this week was my birthday. Had things I had to do.

Starting off with Tagiru late for school and running. He does not have bread in his mouth though. His first class that he's late for is Gym with the Hot-Blooded Mr. Sugimoto. A different type of hot blooded then Tagiru. But it's just a study period today. The teacher is feeling ill. Oddly weak and quiet. Much like the Judo and Baseball club which Yuu points out. This is odd and it could be a Digimon doing it. Which makes Tagiru fire up. Intro and school is over for the day. Tagiru gets happy and walks out, bothering Mami of course. Then Taiki walks up to Yuu. And being the Digimon Radar that he is now, shows Yuu all the sports clubs are tired. Tagiru Time Shifts and gets the notice of Meramon's head wearing goggles. No, wait. It was FlaWizardmon.

So, this is why all those people are so tired and weak. He stole their energy and personality. Which he demonstrates by doing squats like the gym teacher. But that didn't seem to give him enough strength since he switches to flaming baseballs. Gumdramon dodges all of these though this gives him the opening to judo throw Tagiru and steal his energy with a blue flame. This of course causes him to act like our goofball hero and now Gumdramon can't Super-Evo. And now FlaWizardmon ran.

Back on the school roof, (Seriously, how and why do all the anime characters in high school go up here? They'd never let us near the roof where I live I'm sure.) Taiki and Yuu see that Tagiru has no energy and so they need to go get his energy back. He can't go since he's too tired. We see how everyone seems to be weaker and weaker. Even the Cheer Squad is weak. Not Cheerleaders, more like those guys from Elite Beat Agents. That game on the DS. So Tagiru still can't get up and we see even people waiting in traffic are weak now. Make that everyone is.

Now Time Shift! as they found him. He attacks but is not doing well at all. But, he has Tagiru's power so he can just keep getting back up. Speaking of the human weeble, here he comes on Gumdramon. Now Super-Evo for all but Tagiru since they're not there yet and can't due to him being weak right now. Thanks to this ability of Tagiru, and the common Tropes of Shounen anime, FlaWizardmon just won't go down even after getting hit into a wall. And this is a bad thing. But luckily, Gumdramon flies in to block his charge and Tagiru wobbles and now he falls down off of Gumadramon's head.

This time, Gumdramon is the one getting beat but a quick flashback later, FlaWizardmon gets mad and kicks him away. Then he comes back still talking until he collapses. But he then gets back up and finishes the speech with a yell to get the power back into Tagiru. It's not enough but it's enough to get him to stand up. And to Super-Evo to Arresterdramon since he has more power charging up in him he can use.

Now it's a good fight and FlaWizardmon is beat and Hunted. Now back at school, the Gym Teacher is running everyone extra time because he was sick but they all collapse. Not a good idea to help him I guess. heh heh Intro corner we have FlaWizardmon of course and we Xros him with Wisemon to make a Mon who has stronger magic due to the intelligence but he ends up burning stuff down. Next ep, we have Ogremon and Fugamon (Red Ogremon) fight over Ramen.
This is the second episode focused on Japanese food, looks like they really don't think this show will sell overseas...
Still here even if the site and the forum are kind of dead!
Yes because unlike the pancakes from Data Squad episode 7... I mean the Pagumon episode, Ramen is totally unknown to the US.

(No offense but still.)
Dude, Digimon Adventure and 02 hardly had any japanese references (Besides the stuff you could find on a guide, and architecture stuff) and the ending that sucked anyway. Tamers had a bakery that made BREAD (Bread is not really popular in Japan ya know), Frontier took place almost all the time in the digital world, the same for Xross Wars. And Savers? Savers was DESTROYED by Disney. Is not that they sold Ramen, they had a Ramen contest, and it was an important part of the plot. In a previous episode, Okonomiyaki where also an important part of the story. Now imagine you are a company hired to americanize the show, sure a few quick edits and you can make Okonomiyaki look like pizza, but a soup stand and a soup contest?
Still here even if the site and the forum are kind of dead!
I was joking. But you are right about 02's ending.
Consider this a late Present.

Starting off we have an Ogremon and a Fuugamon (Red Ogremon) trying to sell Digimen or Digimon Ramen to passing Mons. Both have a color of peppers (Green and Red) on it. A lot of it. Hey, it's a Mikemon. That third Gatmon type. And of course, this Digimen is not selling. They wonder why and blame each other. So they try each type and the soup part tastes bad but the noodles are good. After school, Tagiru wonders what he should do. Play with Gumdramon or go hunting. The answer is eat. And he asks this guy Masaru about his family owning a ramen shop. Same name, different guy. Anyway, they do but he's upset so they'll have to go over there to help. Since Yuu know what Taiki would do. And being wise fighting mentor, he's right there. Now there's a huge line of people... At the rival shop across from them. But at least it looks nice. And tastes great as all three say, Yuu says it longer but he says there's something about it. But, like a certain loud ramen loving hero, Tagiru has already finished his bowl and Gumdramon pipes up to say how he wants some too. After freaking a little, he asks why there's no one here. It's because the ramen is too gentle and people may not like it. I don't get what he means but hey, I eat the blocks of noodles with a bit of vinegar in it for some reason so what do I know. Instant Ramen isn't ramen. But it's more ramen then Taco Bell is Mexican food.

*ahem*

Sorry, moving the tangent off the stage, Tagiru and Taiki will try to help this place get well known. Yuu wonders if they could but Tagiru ends up goading him into a contest in 3 days. Meanwhile, Taiki eats his bowl happily. Ha. Always funny. At night, the dad is trying to make some better style but the digital scale lets the two Time Shift him into the DigiQuartz. And the Brothers run out to test their dish where they put both peppers in. Good thing they don't have blue peppers or they'd use Hyougamon the Blue Ogremon in this too. He says the noodles are great but the soup part sucks. They didn't make the Dashi right. But like most reading this, they don't know what Dashi is. I'll just refer all of you to this link.
http://wildbunchsubs.wordpress.com/2011/...h264-xvid/

So now they'll make the noodles and he'll make the soup for them. Why? So he can make really good ramen. Next day, the group think up the ideas to make good ramen. Tagiru wants to put a big riceball in it. Yuu says it's the noodles that need changing. They'll have to get Masaru to judge but he's at the restaurant helping out. Surprised, they run to find a line outside it. Going in they sit down and try the red/green pepper ramen and it works. It's spicy but it works. I guess the ideas aren't needed. Darn. But one other problem is the chef dad is getting mad at people now. And he doesn't sleep well disappearing at night and bringing back noodle and peppers. Nightly Stakeout: and they see the Time Shifting. So they go with him.

Look at all these Digimon lined up for ramen! There's a loud sound and what's making it is the Ogre duo making noodles. Masaru's dad is making the soup part. And he gives Goblinmon (what could be the Rookie of Ogremon) bowls that they eat and like. The Ogres are happy. Until the third one says it's too spicy. They get unhappy. Then he screams it's good and runs out crying. The team tell the cook that he needs to leave with them but he doesn't want to. They both sell a lot in their restaurants so they're not leaving. Although working this hard will make him collapse. He doesn't care and shoves them out.

Back in the real world, they explain to Masaru about this. He says it's not like his dad and he'll have to solve things with his ramen recipe. Then dad comes back and he challenges him to a battle. Of course, dad only gets to work with the Ogres if he wins. And he accepts.

It's Digizoid Chef! The secret ingredient for today? Ramen! Now! Allez Cuisine!

In case you didn't get that, it's from Iron Chef JPN and US. I like watching it.

Now the contest. The dad is the judge since he's a great cook. So it's the Ogre duo VS Team Xros Heart and Masaru. What are the team doing to make the noodles? The digimon are making them while the humans are making the soup part. First Yuu and Tagiru are working on the sardines while Taiki and Masaru are grinding the bonito (check the link) and dried mackerel. As Masaru adds in a lot of stuff (check the link), Taiki and group are finished and their parts are added in. The noodles are finished pounded too so he just has to roll them and fold them and then cut them. Which he will use his dad's knife for. And his dad is surprised. Cooking the noodles now and Gumdramon evolves to bamboo shoots and scallions. Now to DigiXros the ingredients together. heh

Both are done and it's time for tasting and judgement. On the panel today is Masaru's dad, the Ramen Chef. First up is the DigiZoid Chefs Ogremon and Fuugamon. And both the soup and the Ramen are good and work well together. Now the challenger, Masaru and Team Xros Heart. The DigiZoid Chefs find the noodles to be funny since they're not all the same. But, The Ramen seems to be even better as it's the same made by the judge before plus with Clams. With a heartfelt speech, Masaru seemed to have gotten through to his dad. While it's not good enough to be sold, it's still better then the Ogre's. So... Winner!

Masaru and Team Xros Heart!

But the DigiZoid Chefs aren't happy about this and now we get to a fight. It doesn't go well at first for the Goggles, Yuu uses the Ninja tricks to mess up the sight so the two can smash the Ogres into the ground. Tagiru now has both of them. Back in the human world, The two apologize and even offer to teach how to make those noodles. Plus their ramen gets to stay on the menu. And everything ends well. Next in the Intro Corner, it's just Ogremon. And Xrosing him with Mervamon makes... A Mervamon with Ogremon's face. ...Yeah. I'd apologize to Nene too. Next ep, A Locomon that takes kids around the world.
I paused midway watching this episode just too cook up Ramen (Instant unfortunately.) and resume watching while eating.

Though I'll stop by at a local Japanese restaurant tommorow to partake on the fresh and authentic thing. Cantonmen.. Mmm.
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
Awesome. I'd like to do that too.