Join our server on Discord

Meeting of a Werewolf : The Beggining of a New Life - CH2
Second chapter of the series is up! Now I just need to finish the third chapter, and I'll probably post in the draft. Whenever an "update" of the current story chapter is available, I'll most probably post it in the same thread as its original, drafted version.

Go read the first chapter before reading this one! I'm not giving out all of the warnings and such -now-.

The Beginning of a Normal Life
(Or rather, is it?)

Rays of sun were piercing through the blanket-curtained window inside of my quite small bedroom, filling the room with a warm and comfortable light that would usually wake me up calmly. My mind was not there enough to wake up as gently as I used to though, my eyes opening quickly while I sat up in my bed. Was the werewolf still with me, or maybe all of this was a dream...? Believe me, it would not surprise me if I actually dreamt this...and I did thought it was when looking next to me...

Nothing. Nothing was sleeping beside me anymore. My blankets were all on the ground, probably due to the fact I moved a lot during my sleep, while the pillows were scattered around on the bed as if I was trying to make some bunker while sleeping. It was odd...because, analyzing the scent that usually was filling the room, I wasn't able to find trace of my own anymore. What happened? Did I...? After giving a quick glance into my boxers--wait...boxers? Why wasn't I wearing my Xbox pyjama pants? Everything was starting to be so weird...

Slowly, and careful not to cause myself one of those frequent black outs, I stood up from the bed. Reaching for the window, I pulled out the pin that was holding my wolf blanket in place to hide the daylight, revealing my entire room. I repeat it, for maybe the third time...this place is small. It was hard to miss ANYTHING. Giving a look around, I could notice the usual;

the big mess covering most of the ground of the room, the mattress I'd call my bed was pushed to the side, blankets and pillows scattered around everywhere. My computer was still turned off behind of me, while an old glass filled with water was onto my nightstand...the big white and grey husky plush friends bought me at the last carnival was still curled next to my bed...there were my pyjama pants! Around of its waist or something. I must have placed it there while dreaming or...I don't know? It seemed weird, yet...whatever. Everything was in place.

Sighing, I whined interiorly at the thought that all of my adventure was a dream...what could I expect anyway, to wake up next to a handsome wolf man and having a happy life with this new friend? It always made me feel stupid to be trusting so much into a dream that when I would wake up, I thought it was entirely real...It reminded me of that time when my room mate had such an unrealistic dream that when she woke up, she told me not to go that way because it was orders from the general, I think.

After a few more moments staring around the room, I reached for the bedroom door and blinked. I couldn't go out of the room in boxers, could I? My room mate doesn't seem to mind when I go out bare-chest and with my pyjama pants, but I don't think she'd like to see me in under wears...It's funny, since my own front-side is kind of very well furred. Giving a look toward that huge plush laying next to my bed, my eyes grew wide in some kind of fear. I wasn't scared, mind me, but while looking at it, I swear that I seen it moving! My assumption were right after only a few more seconds of staring at its fluffy form, its eyes opening wide and staring at me with an almost intelligent gaze...

I felt excessively much scared to notice its purple eyes looking at me, my hand searching for the bedroom handle. During those instants, I could easily notice that this...this thing actually looked like bigger than any dogs I ever seen to slowly stand up on all fours and walking toward me. It couldn't be my husky plush turning alive, since it was well hidden in the closet of my room! I probably was too amazed to think about that at this moment...It looked more like a...a wolf? With its large paws, broad shoulders and chest, plus that strange aura around of it asking for submission...I was glad it didn't had time to reach me when I finally found the door handle, my mind urging

me to run out of the room and leave it alone...

An instant before I was able to turn the handle and exit the place, our gazes met each others', allowing me to stop trying to push the door open, which by the way open the other way, my mind calming down a bit and allowing me to leave the round handle alone...

It looked like hanging its tongue out at me, panting softly while tilting its head. It didn't looked like harmful at all, sitting back down in front of me while producing some moaned whine...I stared at it for some more time, noticing how its muzzle was reaching for my chest while sitting down, my mind slowly by slowly placing pieces back together...This wolf I dared to call a thing earlier actually looked like the werewolf I saved last night, but in a quadruped form!

I was so much focused on the fact that a werewolf usually turns back human after a full moon, that cliché part I could remember from most movies I watched, that I was not able to believe that maybe it would change back in a normal wolf. A feral, like I would call them.

Nevertheless, here he was, confusion filling his large purple eyes while he'd keep on staring at me. Deep inside of my heart, I knew that he was wondering about why I looked like so scared of him, making me feel a bit bad from the way I reacted. It wasn't like me to run away like this, but my instinct told me to flee from the danger...but why? I'm not sure I'll ever know, not that I care about getting this answer. All that was important right now was that my newfound friend was truly real, sitting in front of me while looking like all fluffy and adorable.

My hands hesitated for an instant before reaching forward for him, wanting to feel all of the thick fur that was covering his body, and wanting to show him that I was not scared anymore. I was hoping that he would understand that I was only a bit shocked, burying one of my hands in his neck fur, caressing and scratching there while my second one would pet and caress the top of his head...

It looked like exciting him some, his tail wagging happily behind of him,

swiping the ground a bit while he closed his eyes. I looked at his pleased face with a soft smile, before leaning downward a bit and kissing the tip of his wet, warm truffle. My attention was turning back toward the door once more as I heard a few knocks, eyes widening in a bit of horror.

I knew who it was. It must have been my room mate, Sasha. She probably heard me banging at the door while trying to run away a few minutes ago, alarming her a bit, as to what was going on in my room.

"Jo-Kun? You're okay in there...?", I heard her calling out from the other side of the door, gulping down while looking back toward the enormous white furred lupine. It took me a little while before I finally answered, in an almost trembling voice.

"...yeah, I'm okay! Don't worry it's nothing. I just...I woke up from some kind of weird nightmare, and I thought I was still lost in it..."

I wasn't sure that my answer was satisfying, since she asked me quietly to open the door and tell her of my nightmare. I leant down a bit toward my furry friend, whispering in his ears to go in my closet or something, not forgetting to mention that I may get in trouble if he was to be found out. After making sure that he was hidden well enough, sitting next to my real husky plush, I reached for the door again and opened it, smiling a bit nervously to the girl standing in front of me.

I think it would be a good time for me to introduce this mysterious girl better. Standing in front of me was my long-date best friend and room mate, Sasha Tremblay. Her light brown coloured hair stopping right above of her eyes, longer hair falling back on her shoulders. The left bang was noticeably a bit longer, curling a bit toward the inside. She was wearing a pair of black round glasses, having the reflex to push them back a bit when they would slip down her nose. It's good to take note that when you lift her hair, you can notice a small star-shaped purple piercing into her right eyebrow.

Sasha, or Ta-Chan, as I nicknamed her, is rather small. She must be around eye-level with my chin when we are standing in front of each other. We also could consider her a bit on the chubby side, yet it's not such a good idea to

remind her at every hours of the day. I noticed, too, that she was wearing rather casual clothes today. A purple t-shirt with a clean pair of jeans. The pair of socks she had probably was mine, like most of the time.

My eyes examined her for a short moment, analysing her stance and expression. It was my way to understand how she was feeling today, and if anything happened. Good night or bad night, and most likely anything else that can be told with a facial expression.

"I...was dressing up. That's why it took some time..."

"Dressing up...in briefs?"

"I...uh, yeah! You know, I'm sleeping naked bec--"

"No, shut up! I don't want any details...not again, at least."

The expression into her eyes was telling me that I reached my goal; she believed me. A kind of wild grin grew onto my face at the realisation. After two years of traumatizing her, I could finally find a use to everything I told her until now. Moreover, I did tell her everything. From nice subjects to traumatizing ones. She once told me of how much she was wishing to be able to understand my way of thinking someday...so what better way than telling her every little details that I could think about?

Sasha's gaze never went away from my face, her eyes burning with the inspiration to hear my nightmare. It may sound a bit odd, but it always looked like she was interested in whatever dream I was having. Maybe they were giving her inspiration for her arts? I may never know, since it actually doesn't interest me much. The important was that she would listen to every detail and help me pushing away the weird thrilling sensation it gives to me.

"...so, what was the nightmare about? I hope it wasn't of blocks falling down.", she asked me with that sparkle of interest into her eyes. I replied, with a slightly hesitant smile.

"No worries...I'm not close to having an asthma attack."

My friend's head tilted to the side. "Well, come on! Tell me already..."

"Okay, okay...euh...I can remember that it was about...uhh...", my words were whispered out. I didn't have time to think about what my 'nightmare' must have been about! And I could feel her stare burning holes into my face, so much she was impatient. "It was about...werewolves? You know, those frightening and...Hurtful creatures from the dark that...euh...attack people and eat their bodies while they are still alive?.."

I swear I could hear something thumping in my closet! I hope I didn't offend my new canine friend...

"Oh, just that? You must be joking! I heard of nightmares ten times worst than that. You're sure you're feeling well?", her voice ringed into my ears a bit while it reached a higher pitch. Hell, I wasn't meaning to worry her...

"...just that, you say? I just dreamt of some kind of beast slaughtering all of my friends!"

"Well, that's not like you! You'd consider it a dream, since some werewolf was present in it! Jo-Kun, it's the first time I hear you calling 'beast' a werewolf..."

She was absolutely right. I was making up some nightmare for her to leave me alone, but I never thought that I'd have to make it 'realistic'...I shook my head a bit, before trying to smile. She watched me as I stretched, yawning out loudly and actually covering that thumping sound that was becoming louder and louder. Was it really the wolf into my closet, or was it my heart throbbing in fear of being discovered?

"...what if I say that I forgot everything about it...? I don't want to disappoint you, but it seem like I can't lie on a freaking nightmare...", I whispered lowly, while looking toward the ground. I could hear her groaning softly, probably looking at that expression on my face...she seen it many time. I'd take this pitiful face whenever I want her to forgive me, similar to puppy eyes.

"...hey man, its okay...I didn't mean to urge you to actually remember it. I'm curious, you--"

Her sentence was cut short at the very moment the thumping sound became loud enough, the door of my closet swinging open and hitting my nightstand. I could see her blinking, asking me silently what it was...

I didn't gave her any time to see whatever was coming out of it, pushing her outside of the room a bit roughly and closing the door behind of myself.

"What the heck was that for!? You didn't have to push me!!" As whenever she would grow angry, her voice took an even higher pitch. I could see her actually closing her fists, looking at me with a rough expression.

It's no surprise her reaction actually made me smile wildly. I was rather used to being recipient of her might. I shrugged a bit while leaning back against the closed door, taking a deep breath before daring to look into her eyes again.

"...It was to save you. Never heard of the monsters living in the closet? Readying themselves to come out whenever they feel like their lunch is ready?"

"...yeah, right. Those fairytales aren't even half-real. No seriously, what's the big deal? If you're hiding some guy into your closet, no pun intended, you can simply tell me..."

I looked at her long and hard, feeling something nudging at the door behind me a bit. Come on wulfy, don't go giving us out...

"...you know I wouldn't hide someone in my closet. If, and only if, someone was ever to share the bed with me, I'd probably ask him to go out half-naked or something, and you know it. Nice try, but it's not a guy. Male, yeah, a guy...no..."

My room mate's cheeks turned a soft red as she heard me, knowing exactly what I meant. If I wasn't scared to tell her of everything that happen around

into my life, I wouldn't be scared to have a random guy coming out of my room and heading to the bathroom in briefs.

"...eww, you wouldn't dare having some ran--okay, yeah...you would dare...but still! What do you mean by 'Male but not a guy'?"

"...exactly what I told you. Monster in the closet."

I wasn't really expecting her to believe me, but it was fun to watch her face changing from curiosity to anger once more.

"Can I remind you that you just pushed me!? Give me explanations!"

"You want me to tell you the truth, uh? How much we bet that you won't even beli--A...AHHH!"

I couldn't help the small scream, my eyes widening out as I felt the door I was leaning against opening. I wasn't prepared for it, the ground escaping from my feet and making me fall down backward. The door opened in one swift push, my butt hitting the ground with a soft thump. I wasn't aware anymore of what was going around of me, feeling something quite heavy pushing me down to the ground.

Pushing was too little of a word, I'd say pouncing me down to the ground. I was a bit glad my head didn't hit the wall, yet I could feel my face being ravaged by...licks? A kind of rough yet soft tongue was quickly moving across of my face, covering it into thick kind of scenty drool. It couldn't be Ta-Chan who pushed me down!

It took a bit of time before I noticed that whatever laying on me was entirely furred, body covering my own and muzzle in front of my face. Soon enough, the assault stopped, my new wolf friend grinning down to me while growling lowly. I also could hear someone bursting out laughing right behind the heavy canine.

"Oh my god! A dog!? You seriously were hiding a dog from me!"

A...a dog? However, he couldn't be a dog...wait. Or, could he? My bare arms slowly wrapped around of his big and furred body, kind of embracing him while grinning too.

"Oh come on, Koro-Chan! Don't go pouncing me down, it scared me buddy!..."

I watched his face as he kept on growling softly, slowly understanding why he was being hostile to me. He probably heard me calling him a beast and a monster not too long ago...

"Hey hey...I'm sorry, okay? I give up! You're not a beast, and you're not a monster...you're a...a cute little dog!"

The expression filling his muzzle was a bit confused, before he'd blink and jumps back down on top of my frame, going back at licking my face mercilessly and nibbling my hair a bit! More laughter was heard, before I finally was able to stop him from assaulting me...

"...I think it loves you, Jo-Kun!", Sasha's voice was a bit muffled by soft laughs. "And you called it Koro-Chan! Or...Koromaru, was it? Like your husky plush."

Koromaru. That name came into my mind instantly, without much thought about it. I indeed gave the name to the large plush sleeping in my closet. I smirked a bit at the idea that I named this wolf as such too. It wasn't too long before I finally was able to have him lose focus, rolling to my side and sending him off my body. Koro-Chan laid there beside me, looking at me with his tongue hung out and his paws still kind of holding on me.

Could you believe it? This wasn't the first surprise of the day. I could recall exactly what the werewolf I saved last night looked like, but I had to wake up next to an overgrown wolf? Now, he actually looked like a bit smaller and more dogs like. Like a real Siberian husky...

I looked toward my room mate just then, a smile spreading across of my face while I gave her the puppy eyes again. I'm sure my dog actually did the

same, since she did a face palm.

"...what? You want to keep it?", she asked me while thumping a foot on the ground. It was obvious that my puppy eyes weren't working this time around, a soft whine rising from the canine laying next to me.

"...well, yeah! I...found this dog, Koro-Chan as I named him, outside, last night! It wasn't the first time I seen him around, and he doesn't have a collar! Come on...he's all alone and abandoned, and he's already fond of me!..."

"...but, the landlord strictly...said...okay, okay! You two stop giving those puppy stares to me RIGHT NOW!!"

Just then did I looked toward Koromaru, giving him a toothy grin before slowly standing back up, making sure that he wouldn't pull me back down to the ground.

"Woah! That's awesome! You can be sure I'll--"

"Quiet! You're rather lucky that you found a dog as affectionate as it outside, and abandoned. That's very rare. But, there are conditions..."

"...what are those? And stop calling him 'it', it's disturbing..."

I looked down toward my new friend, my new pet and smiled some. He already sat up, staring toward Sasha with his tongue hanging out. It felt like he was waiting to hear the conditions.

"First of all, you need to make sure that it...HE is fed good enough. Don't go spending your money on goodies while he's dying of hunger, okay?"

I responded with a quick nod, my sparkly gaze now back toward her.

"...second, you CAN'T have the landlord learning about him. Or we'll be kicked out...no more home, no more dog."

Yeah, that's right! I could remember he landowner clearly stating out that he wouldn't accept any more dogs to enter inside of his apartments. This condition made me gulp a bit, yet keeping on smiling.

"...and? Anything else?"

"Well, of course, you need to take very good care of him. Make sure to wash his messes, to give him baths at the good times, taking him out for a walk a few times everyday..."

"...so, all easy stuff! That's easy as pie, you know?"

"...do you even know how to cook a pie?", I could hear the mocking tone in her voice.

"Euh...no..."

It was odd. I honestly didn't know how to prepare a nice pie, but I'm the one cooking here. I blinked a bit before pointing out, with a smirk.

"...what's about you? You know how to prepare a pie?"

"...that is not the point. I'm not the one having a new dog."

I knew she was right...but anyway, was a dog really comparable to a pie? I'm not sure I would like to eat one of those, and I seriously doubt it would taste good anyway.

It looked like my canine friend understood what we were talking about, looking like clouded with thoughts. I couldn't help but to wonder about if he was thinking about the same thing than me, about himself but with a pie at the place of the body!

A very soft chuckle escaped my lips as I spoke next, with an almost serene smile. Thinking about odd stuff really was calming to my mind...

"...yeah, right. I don't see why I wouldn't take good care of him anyway! You

know since how much time I've been dreaming to have a Siberian husky, right?"

"Since your childhood, I know. But...what are you planning to do about him today? We're Sunday, all shops close early."

"...yeah, that's...wait, what hour is it again??"

Sasha pointed toward the clock located close to the entrance door...I followed her hand as it moved, listening to the tic-tac beat for a while. It wasn't too long before I shook my head awake, finally reading the hour and actually widening my eyes. 16h45!? At what time did I came back home last night?

"Thanks. I was wondering about what time it was...and it's later than I thought!"

"You didn't know the hour and went telling bullshit?"

My roommate seemed like taking pride into her actions, smirking amusedly. I didn't remember until now that she was too stupid and stubborn to learn to read a clock. I was quickly annoyed by her stupid acting, turning toward the animal still sitting next to me. I lowered myself a bit, to reach eye level with him, smiling a bit while holding both sides of his muzzle.

"...hey Koro-Chan, you'll be good and eat what I give you, right? We must be having some steak left into the fridge."

"But hey! That's MY dinner!"

"Yeah, well you want me to feed him, and that's the only meat left! Go eat your goddamn broccoli or something..."

I wasn't looking at her, yet the aura she was expelling was telling me that she was having a little fit of rage.

"But it's not...GRRR, I hate you, you know!?"

"...as if I care, I love you too!"

Koromaru looked at me with a curious look, before actually chuckling lowly in his doggish way, gazing toward the kitchen and watching Sasha taking out her chicken and broccoli stuff. It looked like disgusting, tasted horrible and I wasn't even talking about the smell...in my opinion, at least. Yet, it was somewhat cute to watch the Siberian husky in front of me to stick his tongue out in some disgust too.

I leaned forward a bit and kissed the tip of his nose gently, receiving a sloppy and wet dog-kiss in the face, grinning a bit. I never knew I ever would be cooking some meat for a dog. Moreover, there was this little something that was bugging me. I would need to try communicating better with the small boy later on, to know if I was only dreaming about his wolf form. And his werewolf form too.

"I guess this means yes..."

Only a few steps away from my room was the kitchen, in which Sasha was already preparing the oven to cook her weird stuff. I opened the fridge's door, already smelling faintly frozen broccoli along with some chicken, shivering a bit while shuffling through the fridge's content.

There wasn't that much food filling it, a soft sigh escaping me once more, as I stared at whatever we had. It wasn't hard to find that large piece of steak on the middle rack, grabbing it and pulling it out of the fridge. It obviously was raw, some blood soaking the inside of its transparent wrapper. I don't know when and how, but Koro-Chan was quick to come over and sit down next to me, his tail wagging behind him while he would open his muzzle some. As I looked down to him to make sure he was okay with this piece, I could notice a little strand of drool to be hanging out of his muzzle...

It was not too hard to guess that he must have been hungry. Probably enough to eat this huge steak all by himself! Should I really prepare it all, or give it raw, and still bleeding. This dog was a werewolf after all, right? Therefore, he must want raw and bloody meat...at least, that's what I think. Slowly, almost in a teasing way for the canine, I un-wrapped the transparent

fabric from around of the juicy beefsteak...

I don't think my little friend was very happy with my ways of going, reaching forward swiftly and snatching the piece of meat away from me at the very moment it was open enough to be stolen! I couldn't help but to exclaim out a little "Hey!" while watching him running off, blinking and looking toward my room mate, who would smirk at me.

"...go and get it! There are still bones into that thing; it could maybe be dangerous..."

'Well, his jaws must be strong enough to cut us in half rather easily, so why taking off the bones?', I would go wonder in a very low voice before following the white and grey husky. It was obvious that he ran off into my room, hearing a soft menacing growling resounding through the small room...

"What did I push myself into now...? I can't really take away a piece of blood-covered meat from a hungry wolf..."

As I entered the room, I opened my eyes wide while watching him taking heavy bites into the tender and still bloodied meat, his pointy canine teeth piercing through it easily. It looked like he wasn't even taking time to gulp down whatever he would mash enough with his sharp tools, always down onto the piece of steak and growling.

My instinct told me that he wouldn't hurt me. Why would he anyway? I saved him, I'm giving him food, and I'm being friendly...so why would he try hurting me? With those thoughts in mind, I easily reached him in a few steps, before kneeling in front of his furred body, noticing some kind of amber burning into his deep purple eyes while he kept on eating. It was as if Koromaru didn't notice me yet...

Carefully, I sat down there, staring at him some while he tore the meat into pieces, actually smiling at the thought that it must have been an easy prey for him. What made me glad though was that he did not looked like the kind of werewolf who eats humans; like in all of those movies I watched...animal

meat should be enough to satisfy his hunger.

Only after about half of the meat was down into his belly, he looked at me, giving me one of those doggish smiles, grabbing a strand of bloodied steak between his teeth and actually reaching for me. It was adorable to see how it felt like he wanted to feed me too, looking at me with a curious and almost...fatherly look.

"Sorry little guy, but I'm not into eating raw meat...much. Keep it for yourself, okay? I'll cook myself a little something later on..."

Koromaru understood my words; I knew that he did. He backed off some with a soft whine, keeping on smiling a bit though, putting back the meat on the ground before lowering himself again, starting to mash it to pieces once more...I think that he also understood that I was grateful of his invite to share his meal, since he wasn't getting mad.

I remember staying there for a long while, watching him eating and finishing the piece of meat while being careful not to bite down into the large bone inside of it...believe me or don't, but this moment felt like magic, to watch a predator eating its prey in such carnal ways. My blood was boiling into my veins at the rather un-common display, excitement entering my body...

It may sound a bit freaky, but I always have been an animal lover. The way they behave, the way they hunt, the way they eat...they always looked like being in some kind of very important ritual while doing all of those daily things. To kind of be part of it was exciting to me, the fact that I was able to watch him eating, to watch the glimmer into his eyes to change as his thirst for blood was satisfied...

Soon enough, I was taken out of my trance though. I heard Sasha calling out for me from the kitchen.

"Hey Jo! I bet you didn't go out to see for mail yet, huh?"

...how silly did that question sound like to you? I just woke up!

"Of course, I had time to go get it BEFORE waking up and getting out of my room!", I exclaimed out to her in answer, grinning to Koromaru while he'd give me one of those "What the hell are you guys talking about?".

"...well, can you go and see? There's a chance that we'll receive a package today!"

"Why don't YOU go? I'm kind of busy trying not to be eaten while taking off some bone from the dog..."

"I'm not going because I'm cooking! Wouldn't want the place to be set on fire, heh?"

Yeah, right...I bet it is because she simply doesn't want to go fight the spiders living in our mailbox. It was common knowledge for people who know Sasha to know that she HATE spiders. At the sight of one of them, she'd jump, scream and run off...kind of pathetic, but oh well.

"...I'll go then. But if Koro-Chan's choking on that bone, it'll be your fault!"

"Of course it will be. Like always.", I could hear the sarcasm into her voice, making my teeth to grit in annoyance.

I don't know if it's obvious by now, but we're having a lot of fun teasing each others between room mates. Stuff like this happens at least once everyday, giving some spice in our lives. We both understand though that we won't grow to hate each other's because of such silliness, so it's probably why we doesn't mind it much.

Koro-Chan watched me some as I stood up, before going back at biting and chewing his meal. His white muzzle fur covered into blood now, some of the red and sticky stuff drooling on the ground of my room.

"Hey Koro-Chan, try not to choke on the bones, okay? I know you're intelligent enough to actually understand this, silly boy...", I tried to warn him some before fleeing out of the room.

Sasha was watching me from the table, smirking some while seeing me literally running for the door and putting on my shoes. She probably didn't understood that I was eager to spend more time with my new friend, actually starting to think about what interesting we could do. I knew for sure that I would go out alone with him this evening, wanting to take a nice walk while asking him a few questions. This night...was still a full moon night, so maybe he would change back into werewolf form? I couldn't notice anymore the wound on his belly, so maybe it would only disappear when he will shift back.

"Be right back oldie, I'll try not to die falling down stairs..."

"...", it seemed like she wouldn't reply to me at all, not feeling pointed out by the oldie nickname. Sasha grew quite accustomed to the nickname, but she seems to dislike it to its highest...not surprising, but heh, I like teasing her.

After waiting a few more seconds for her reply, I groaned and opened the main door some, slipping outside and closing it behind of me. Some may wonder about why I make sure to wear shoes before actually going out, huh? Simple enough, the stairway here isn't the best. The apartment itself was rather nice and well built, but this stairway looked like old and noisy, spiders hanging from the high ceiling...

Even though it was dangerous, like we'd say between friends, I always was the one to run down of it and to jump the last few stairs. Those little thrills were those things that would make me feel alive...I loved the feeling.

This time though, I simply walked downstairs while groaning, feeling a bit annoyed at my best friend for sending me out while she could have looked by herself. Wasn't it almost the end of the afternoon anyway? Why didn't she went and seen by herself hours ago, while I was still asleep? Obviously, it was because of the spiders...those damn arachnids that are having fun scaring Ta-Chan more than I'd ever be able to! I'd like to take revenge over them someday...but this really only was one of those silly thoughts I'd have, since I know I would never actually try taking revenge for something so silly.

Reaching downstairs finally, I flung open the old-looking door before getting out of the place, blinking and looking around a bit. It was...sunny, outside. The sun was in my back as I went out, going for the mailbox situated next to the building...

As I expected, there was nothing into it. It was easy to know without even opening it, seeing in a small hole on the side that it was empty.

All of this...for nothing? On the other hand, maybe Sasha played a trick on me. I can easily imagine her laughing face as she would stare at me through the kitchen window, seeing that I fell for her trick...or maybe not, too. We're not accustomed to receiving much mail anyway, so we probably simply didn't have anything again.

Realizing that I was still only in boxers and T-shirt outside, I stared toward the sun a bit, noticing how it was already getting low in the sky, before actually going back inside of the staircase, forgetting to close the white door behind of myself while climbing back up, and inside...

...I forgot about the pyjama pants, didn't I?