Join our server on Discord

life after life part 5
irritated tone. “But I’m not.” The woman said, smiling. Saphira looked back at her. You have meat? She asked, getting excited. The woman nodded. “Of course I do. She said. And I’m perfectly willing to share it.”

The woman slid off her back and walked over to the house. “Wait here for a minute.” She said, ducking inside. Saphira waited patiently for several minutes. The woman finally emerged with two deer slung over her shoulder. “They haven’t been skinned and sorted yet, but I’m guessing you’re used to them being like this.” She said, placing the deer at Saphira’s feet. Thank you. Saphira said softly. She tore through the flesh like her life depended on it. It virtually did. She had gone too long without eating.

The woman stood back and watched as she ate. Several minutes passed before the woman decided to give her the news. “As I said earlier, the plan is in motion.” The woman said. Huh? Saphira asked, taking a break from her meal. “I’ve blurred the man’s vision. The woman elaborated. He’ll be totally blind by the day after tomorrow. That will be your wedding day. Do you have any plans?” Like what? Saphira asked. “Are you going to wear anything special for him? The woman asked. Are you going to get him a gift?” I can’t do anything. Saphira said. He carries the money and besides…I don’t think there’s any ready-made dragon attire in this village.

“What about gifts?” The woman asked. He already got me this. Saphira said, indicating to the sapphire jewel necklace she had around her neck. “Are you going to get him anything?” She asked. How can I when I have no money? Saphira asked. “Well I could buy it for you.” The woman suggested. I couldn’t let you do that! She said indignantly. “I’m sure Eragon would pay me back. The woman said. Besides…your wedding day is a very special day.” I…I wouldn’t know what to get him. Saphira said, embarrassed. “It doesn’t matter. The woman said. He doesn’t want anything. It’s the thought that counts and he’d be very pleased that you bothered to think of him and went through the trouble of getting him a gift.”

It should be something that we can use out there… Saphira said, thinking. I know! I’ll get him some flint sticks! Then he can start a fire when I’m not around and not have to use magic to get it going! The woman cringed at the thought. “Well……when I said it didn’t really matter I didn’t mean…..oh forget it. She said. He’s going to need something nicer than flint sticks. How about a new pair of riding gloves?” That’s an even better idea! Saphira said. The pair he has won’t last forever. Will you go buy them for me? The woman nodded. “Sure. She said. I’m sure he’ll love them. Continue eating and I’ll be back in a little while.” Saphira watched as the woman walked away towards the market and continued to eat her meal.

Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…..

Saphira could hear a soft voice in the distance as she continued to soar through the clouds with her rider. The voice grew louder and more urgent. “Saphira” The voice said. She felt as hands – human hands stroke her neck. She opened her eyes slowly revealing his towering form. “Good morning. Eragon said, smiling. Sleep well?” Morning? She asked groggily. “Yeah, you slept right through the day and the night. He said. I thought I’d let you sleep. Perhaps you were more wiped out from flying here than you thought.” What’s happened since I’ve been asleep? She asked. “I’ve gotten almost all the supplies we’ll need for our return trip. He said. We’ll have to pick up some wood later as well as a few pieces of furniture.” I see. She said, getting up. She shook hard, making the dirt that covered her body fly off in a cloud of dust.

Is today our wedding day? She asked. He smiled warmly. “No, not yet. He said. Tomorrow is though.” What do we need to do to prepare? She asked. “Well typically we write out our lines, but I don’t think we need to do this like a recital. I love you Saphira. The words will just come to me. I can’t speak for you though. You can enlist the services of Hylda if you need her to write them down for you.” What good would that do? Saphira asked. I can’t read. “Oh… He said, laughing lightly. Then that won’t do. Well you can always – what happened to your necklace?” What? She asked. “Your necklace isn’t around your neck anymore.” He observed. Saphira reached a claw up and felt around her neck for the necklace. Oh no… She said, realizing it was gone. I don’t know what happened to it……

“Did you take it off?” He asked. No. She said. I couldn’t take it off without breaking it. “Oh not to fret.” Came a voice from behind them. They turned around to find Hylda holding the necklace. My necklace! Saphra exclaimed. What are you doing with it? “I’m somewhat of a master when it comes to genuine fine quality jewels. She said. I’ve endowed this jewel with healing powers. This will help you on your journey together.” She smiled a sweet innocent smile that reminded Eragon of a clichéd old grandmother and stepped forward, giving the necklace to him. Saphira lowered her head and allowed him to slip the necklace around her neck. “You are full of surprises Hylda.” Eragon said. “Oh, enough about me. She said. Tomorrow’s your big day…both of yours. Why are you just sitting around?” What else are we to do? Saphira asked. “Well how about some clothes? Hylda asked. You can’t honestly expect to marry wearing that Eragon…and you need to wear something to your wedding.” She looked at Saphira. “Have anything in mind?” She asked.

Saphira shook her head. I don’t see why I need to wear anything. She said. “Well you only get married once my dear and if I do say so myself you’re getting one of the finest young men I’ve ever encountered. She said. You two will look back on this day for the rest of your lives and it should be as special as possible. “We don’t need such superficial things. Eragon said. We’re doing this because of our love for each other. Nothing else really matters.” The woman looked as if she was going to say something, but stopped. “I guess you’re right. She said. I just thought it would be nice if you could wear something for each other.” There was a moment of silence between them before she continued. “I…I didn’t want to mention this before but it’s become so apparently obvious that I feel I must say something. She said. I’ve noticed that the arousal level between you two has increased considerably since you’ve been here.” Saphira looked down at her. Yes our…..needs aren’t being met at the moment. She said. But we’re restraining ourselves. We’re not like wild animals that are incapable of controlling themselves.

“I’m sorry if I’ve offended you.” Hylda said. “Hylda, why are you acting this way?” Eragon asked. “What do you mean?” She asked. “You could have just did a quick pass of our minds and found out whether we were offended or not, but now you seem to be acting like a normal human.” He said. Hylda nodded slowly. “I have turned off my mental abilities for you.” She said. Why? Saphira asked. “Well…it’s been a long time since I’ve found two people that were really interesting. Hylda explained. I want to be surprised now and again and you two can always do it.” “Saphira and I love each other and find each other very attractive. Eragon explained. It’s hard to control ourselves right now but we can manage.” “You haven’t even kissed since you’ve been to the village, have you?” Hylda asked. Saphira shook her head. There’s no way we could risk anyone finding out about us. She said. Here we’re just dragon and rider. We can’t be ourselves while in the village.

“I suppose living in the village is out of the question then.” Hylda said. “That’s exactly why we’re living out in the wilderness. Eragon said. The solitude might be nice under normal circumstances, but we feel like outcasts…we feel obligated to stay away from society. It’s not a good feeling.” “So if you had the option you would choose to live in the village?” Hylda asked. No. Saphira said. Not likely. But despite the fact that we probably wouldn’t want to live here if we had the choice, not having the choice feels….bad. “I’m sorry. Hylda said. I understand your situation and I sympathize with you…if that helps any.” Thank you. Saphira said. There was a moment of silence between them.

“You know, If you two want to…..be alone together, I think the barn on the outermost part of town is abandoned. Hylda said. It wouldn’t provide much protection from the rain seeing as it doesn’t have a roof anymore, but it might provide ample privacy if you want to……you know….” “Thanks for the information. Eragon said. I believe we would like to be alone together for awhile. We probably won’t…do anything, but I feel we need some time to ourselves to think about the wedding and such. Where is this barn?” “Just due east from here. Hylda said. It’s right on the border of the town.” “Thanks. Eragon said. Just come get us if you need anything. Don’t worry…you won’t walk in on anything.”

Hylda smiled sheepishly. “Well I certainly hope not, but you don’t have to worry about that anyway. She said. I’ll leave you two alone. You just do what you need to and meet me here in the morning.” Eragon nodded as he got on Saphira. We’ll see you in the morning then. Saphira said softly. Goodbye and…thank you. Hylda stepped back as Saphira prepared to take flight. Faster than she had expected, Saphira was in the air and heading off into the distance with her mate………..

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

You really are aroused right now, aren’t you? Saphira asked, smirking. “I’m sorry if it’s bothering you. Eragon said. I know we can’t risk mating until we’re back home, but I still can’t stop feeling aroused by you.” Oh, it doesn’t bother me at all. She said. In fact I’m quite flattered. I love you Eragon and I want to help satisfy both our desires…but you are quite right. We can’t mate here even if we have the protection of a barn. It’s too risky. But….do you think we could at least pleasure each other? If someone came it wouldn’t be too hard to stop what we’re doing real fast. “It’s risky.” He said. I know, but I’m having a hard time with this too Eragon. She said. I…I just want to fly down and let you take me right now. My desires are almost…..uncontrollable.

Eragon thought for a moment. “Is there any way we could mate in the air?” He asked. She looked back at him in surprise. Well…it would be pretty hard for me to fly upside down, and I don’t think I could stay airborne while having a release. It would be hard enough to stay in the air while we were mating, but once that release hits me…… “If you fly high enough can’t you just let us fall as you release then keep us from crashing into the ground once you’ve recovered?” He asked. Eragon…it’s too risky. She said softly. “Yeah, you’re probably right. He said. But we can’t do anything anyways. Remember, we promised Hylda she wouldn’t walk in on anything if she came to see us.” But she also promised she would leave us alone for tonight. Saphira reminded him. Please Eragon. I really need this and so do you.

Saphira swooped down as she saw the barn. She swiftly hovered over it and lowered them into the roofless barn. As she landed, Eragon got off and began taking the packs off her back. As he pulled the last pack off, she lay down on the ground and looked at him. Several minutes passed as he got settled. He lit a small fire and sat down next to her. She stared at him the entire time. He looked over to her as he noticed her staring. Please Eragon? She said. “Please what?” He asked, feeling tired. Can we mate? She asked, a sense of eagerness in her voice. “I…I have a bad feeling about this.” He said. What do you mean? She asked. “I just don’t think we should mate tonight. He said. Something tells me we shouldn’t.” That’s ridiculous. Saphira said indignantly. Come on Eragon…..does this have something to do with the marriage ritual? “What?” He asked.

Saphira sat up as she heard a voice outside. Do you hear that? She asked. “Hear what?” He asked. “Eragon!” The voice sounded frantic. In a matter of seconds the door to the barn burst open. Hylda stood propping herself on the open door, breathing heavily. “You have to leave – NOW!” She exclaimed. “What? Eragon asked. Slow down. What are you talking about?” “Soldiers are here and they’re looking for you! Hylda exclaimed. They’re right behind me!” “Over here!” Came a voice from outside. “Shit!” Eragon said. He frantically cast the invisibility spell and grabbed Hylda’s hand. “You have to get on.” He said, pulling her along as he got onto Saphira. “But I’ve never flown before!” Hylda exclaimed. “Well now is a good time to learn. He said as he sat down and felt Hylda’s arms go around him. Let’s go Saphira!”

Saphira nodded and took flight. The door burst open just as she took off. They looked down upon the open barn and watched as bewildered soldiers searched around for the makers of the fire. “Shit Saphira! He yelled. What about the packs!?” I’ve got them in my talons. She explained. But we have to land soon. I can’t hold on to these packs for much longer. Saphira changed directions and headed in the direction of their home. Several minutes passed. “I think I’m going to be sick…” Hylda said. “Saphira, we need to land!” Eragon said. I know! She said. But look around. Where am I supposed to do that? She was right. There wasn’t a clearing in sight. Wait. Was that one? “Saphira, look over there.” He said, pointing in the direction of a small clearing. That’ll do. She said, changing directions once more. “Oh god! Hylda cried. Put me down!” They ignored her as they headed in the direction of the clearing. Soon enough they reached it. Saphira landed and set down the packs. Hylda and Eragon quickly got off her back.

“Shit…” Hylda said. She turned and vomited all over the ground. “You okay?” Eragon asked. “As good as can be expected….” She said. Eragon began putting the packs onto Saphira’s back and looked up at her. “We need to get Hylda back. He said. We can’t just leave her here.” “No… Hylda said weakly. They’re swarming the village. You can’t go back there….” “What about our wedding? Eragon asked. And why didn’t you warn us about those soldiers coming before it was already too late? You are a soothsayer after all!” “I…I turned off my abilities for you two, remember? She asked. I didn’t think they would reach this village for many more weeks.” “Yeah. He said. How did they get here so fast?” I don’t know. Saphira said. But what matters is what we’re going to do now. “We have to get the wood.” Eragon said. “How do you expect to do that with the guards everywhere?” Hylda asked. “I had a feeling we might have to make a quick getaway, so I dragged the wood off into the forest. Eragon said. We have to go back for it. And we can drop you off there too.”

“No. She protested. They’re after me too. Someone must have told them that you were staying with me. I don’t know who would know that, but they came to my house asking questions about you.” What kind of questions? Saphira asked. “Oh just about your location and such. Hylda said. They said they had been instructed to place you in custody. I ran from them. They’re undoubtedly looking for me.” “Okay then you’ll have to come home with us. Eragon said, getting onto Saphira’s back. You stay here Hylda. There’s no need for you to come along. We’ll be back shortly. Let’s go Saphira.” Saphira lifted herself into the air and headed in the direction indicated by Eragon. Soon enough they could see the wood piled onto a platform along with several pieces of furniture. Saphira landed softly on the outskirts of the town and watched as Eragon hauled the large platform with wood over to her.

Eragon…I can’t carry that and Hylda for very long. Saphira said worriedly. The weight will be too much. “You can take breaks. He said. We need to get this stuff to the house.” Saphira stepped over the platform and watched as Eragon strapped the wood to her back using the long rope that was attached. He was almost done when he heard a voice behind him. “Hold it right there rider.” The voice said. Eragon put his hands up and turned around as Saphira snarled. He looked at the man in surprise. The man was middle aged, tall, and pointing a crossbow straight at him. He recognized the man. “Daylon? He asked. What are you doing here?” Daylon was a soldier that Eragon had gotten close to during the war. They had been friends for a long while. “I might ask you the same thing. Daylon said. What the hell did you do Eragon? I’ve been asked to take you into custody.” “It’s a long story. Eragon said. But we didn’t do anything wrong. All we did was run away.”

“But why? Daylon asked angrily. You had friends and a future for yourself. Now you run away to hide in some distant village? How could living here compare to living with your friends in your own castle?” “Daylon…the war changed me…changed us. Eragon said, indicating to Saphira. We just couldn’t live that life anymore. We had to get away from it all….from the fighting and killing.” “But the war is over! Daylon exclaimed. You didn’t have to run away from anything!” “The memories alone were enough to drive us mad. Eragon said. And we’re not living here. We’re just passing by and getting some supplies.” “What you’re doing makes no sense Eragon. Daylon said. Please….come back with us. You can be happy again.” “We’re perfectly happy now Daylon. Eragon said. We’re living our lives the way we want to. I don’t expect you to understand, but we can’t go back.” Daylon sighed and lowered his crossbow. “Damn you rider. He said. I can’t force you to go back if you really don’t want to. Just remember that if you ever want to return you’ve got friends back there that care about you. I hope you find the happiness you seek.”

He turned around and took two steps away from them then stopped. Eragon walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. “I’m sorry Daylon, but things have changed.” He said. He put a paralyzing spell on his friend and caught him as he fell. He picked him up and walked towards Saphira. What are you doing?! She exclaimed. He lay Daylon down on the ground and secured the platform to Saphira. “Go meet Hylda. He said. I need to have a little talk with Daylon here.” Eragon…what are you doing? She asked. “Please Saphira, just trust me and go.” Eragon said. She nodded and took flight. He looked back at Daylon. “I’m sorry old friend, but I had to paralyze you.” He said. He picked him up again and dragged him into the protection of the forest. As he propped him up against a large bolder, he looked at him. “Why did you paralyze me?” He asked. “I have to tell you some things but I can’t have you running away or trying to catch me once you learn the truth.” Eragon said.

“So you didn’t really just run away did you? Daylon asked. You did something wrong, didn’t you?” Eragon shook his head. “No, we did nothing wrong.” He said. “Then why did you paralyze me? He asked. Eragon, what’s gotten into you?” “Listen….no one knows this yet and I want this to stay between you and me okay?” Eragon asked. Daylon looked up at his friend and nodded slowly. “This is really hard to say. Eragon said. We haven’t told anyone.” “We?” He asked. “Saphira and I. Eragon elaborated. We…..we’ve gotten closer.” “In what way?” He asked. Eragon sighed loudly. “I….I love her Daylon. He said. We’re….in love….” Daylon’s eyes widened at the news. Several moments of silence passed. “Well?” Eragon asked. “A human and a dragon…..certainly not something I’ve ever heard of before. He said. But I’m not one to judge. If you two really love each other I have no problem with it. I may not understand it but I respect both of you. This is why you paralyzed me?” Eragon nodded. “I had to make sure you didn’t go crazy on me once you found out the truth.”

“Eragon….please come back with me. He said. Everyone will understand.” “No they won’t. Eragon said sadly. We love each other and we want to be mates forever. I’m afraid we can’t do that living in civilized society.” “Mates? He asked. You mean you’ve had sex with her Eragon?” He nodded. “As I said we’re in love.” He said. “Eragon, she’s a dragon! Daylon exclaimed. I know you two share a special bond and may even have feelings for each other that border on the romantic side….but having sex with a dragon is so wrong!” “Dammit I knew you wouldn’t understand. Eragon said angrily. Why should it matter what species we are? We’re in love! You have a wife right? And you love her very much? If she somehow got transferred into another body wouldn’t you still love her the same way? Wouldn’t you still want to show your love to her just like you did when she was human?” “Saphira isn’t a human Eragon. He said. She never was and she never will be.” “She’s just as sentient, caring, and loving as any human I’ve ever met and I’ll be damned if I’m gonna sit here and listen to you knock her down for anything less than what she is! Eragon yelled angrily. She’s not some dumb animal Daylon. She has feelings and is just as human as you and me, regardless of what body she’s in. Fuck you and everyone else who thinks of themselves as the most superior beings in existence. You know nothing of this world and make too many assumptions based on your overzealous superiority complexes! People like you make me sick!”

Eragon started to stand up but stopped as he felt Daylon grab his arm. He was obviously getting some of his movement back. They looked at each other for a long while before either of them spoke. “You really do love her, don’t you Eragon?” He asked. Eragon nodded slowly. “She’s the most important thing in the world to me Daylon and I’d kill you or anyone else without hesitation if they tried to hurt her. He said. We will not be returning because like you, no one would understand.” “I think I do understand Eragon. He said. I can’t imagine being attracted to something other than a human but…..love can make you do crazy things. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to belittle Saphira like that. I was just….surprised.” “Yeah, I know. Eragon said. But now do you understand why we can’t return with you?” Daylon nodded. “Eragon, I might not have the chance to say this again but I wanted you to know that I consider you one of my closest friends. He said. I’m glad that you were able to find happiness with Saphira, and I envy your happiness.” “Why do you envy it?” Eragon asked. “Since you’ve left, I’ve lost everyone I’ve ever loved or cared about. Daylon said, closing his eyes. My wife…my mother…my brother…” “I’m so sorry Daylon.” He said. Daylon looked up at him. “I have nothing left. He said. I feel broken inside.”

Eragon thought for a moment then cast a spell which neutralized the paralyzing spell. “Come with me. He said. I want you to meet someone.” “Where are we going?” He asked. “To meet with Saphira and a friend of mine. Eragon replied. We’ll go to our house.” “Can Saphira carry three people for very long?” He asked. Eragon stopped and looked back at him. “Oh. He said. I guess I forgot. Saphira’s also carrying lots of supplies. She already complained about having to carry me and Hylda. I guess you’ll have to meet each other later.” “Who’s Hylda?” He asked. “A friend of ours. Eragon said. You should meet her. She’s nice and I think she’d like to meet you. But we can’t do it now. How long are you going to be in the village?” “Probably not too long. Daylon said. But I can always ask to stay behind for a few days. I have a few weeks of vacation saved up.” “You should do that. He said. We’ll be back in a couple of days. Then you can meet her and we can talk a bit too.”

“Okay well I’ll see you then. Daylon said, turning around. I wish you and Saphira well.” Eragon turned around and started the long walk back to Saphira and Hylda. He didn’t know why he had wanted to tell Daylon about his relationship with Saphira. He hoped it wouldn’t turn around and bite him in the butt. It started to rain and he swore. He kept trudging along in the mud and thinking of how he was going to clean up this little mess he had made.

Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…

Hylda looked up as Saphira descended towards her and was alarmed when Eragon was not with her. “Where’s Eragon?” She asked in a concerned voice. He’s fine. Saphira replied calmly. Just chatting with an old friend. Nearly ten minutes passed until it started to rain. Come here. Saphira said, grabbing the woman and pulling her under her wing. “Thank you.” She said. Saphira looked down at her and smiled. You know now that you’re going to be around for awhile you can help us build our house. She said. “Well I’m not as young as I used to be, but I’ll try to be of help. Hylda said. What are you working on right now?” Saphira explained the entire process of building their home and exactly where they were at in construction. Hylda listened with interest. Without either of them realizing it, Eragon had already walked up and had been watching them for several moments.

“Oh! Hylda exclaimed. Eragon! You scared me!” “Sorry. He said. We should get going now.” Hylda nodded and got on Saphira. He sat down with her and nodded to Saphira who quickly took off into the sky. Several hours passed before Saphira had to stop and rest. The rain made their stop unpleasant, but bearable. When they stopped they ate some of the bread they had brought from before. Saphira wanted to go hunt, but Eragon convinced her to save her strength and just eat the bread he had bought for her. Soon enough they were ready for flight again. After everyone was ready, Saphira soared off into the stormy sky.

Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…..

Night quickly came. They had only made it roughly half way. The ride was tough on Saphira and they all needed a rest. Eragon was afraid this might happen. Now they had to make some sort of awkward sleeping arrangement. “Do you have any blankets or sleeping supplies?” Hylda asked as she slid off of Saphira’s back. Eragon shook his head. “I’m sorry. He said. Normally I just sleep with Saphira. There’s not really any need for anything of that nature.” “Well I suppose I could rough it a little. Hylda said. I guess I’ll sleep on that rock over there.” Eragon looked up at Saphira for some sort of hint. “Well…I suppose you could sleep with us….if that’s okay with you Saphira.” He said. He started unloading the packs from her back and untied the platform from around her midsection.

“Oh I wouldn’t presume to do such a thing! Hylda said indignantly. You two can sleep together. I’ll sleep somewhere else.” “This is no time to be shy. Eragon said. I know it’s a bit awkward seeing as Saphira and I are mates but we don’t want you to be uncomfortable. It’s our fault you couldn’t sleep in your house in the village tonight so we’ll do everything we can to make you comfortable, won’t we Saphira?” Please don’t feel bad about this. Saphira said. We really don’t mind. “But you two haven’t been together for so long. Hylda said. You need to express your love for each other. I don’t want to come in between that.” We don’t want to mate right now or in the near future. Saphira said. Our main goal is to get our house built and get you back home safely. Once all that is done we can resume our normal relationship. We don’t want to force you to or make you feel obligated to sleep with us, but we want you to know that we don’t mind if you do.

“I would prefer to sleep by myself. Hylda said. It’s been quite awhile since I’ve slept with anyone and I don’t want to come in between you two.” “If that’s what you truly wish we can understand. Eragon said. But you’d be much more comfortable with us.” “I know, I just don’t want to sleep with anyone. She said. Nothing personal.” Eragon nodded and looked back at Saphira, who gave her version of a shrug. He approached her and lay down next to her. Hylda was settling down on the nearby rock. Saphira looked down at him. I can’t wait to get the house built and Hylda back home. She said. We’ll have some real fun then. She curled her neck around Eragon and closed her eyes. “I love you Saphira.” He said softly. He kissed her lightly on the cheek before closing his own eyes and drifting off into a restful sleep.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Eragon awoke to the feeling of being shaken roughly. He opened his eyes slowly to reveal Hylda crouching down next to him. “Huh? He asked groggily. What is it?” “Saphira’s gone.” She said worriedly. “What? He asked. What do you mean gone?” “She wasn’t here when I got up.” Hylda said. “She’s probably just hunting. He said. She’s probably going to surprise us with a meal.” “Perhaps, but aren’t you concerned about her? She asked. What if she’s hurt or something?” “There’s nothing to be concerned about. He said. Saphira can take care of herself.” The sound of rustling bushes made them look over. Saphira stood before them proudly with three deer in her talons. Hungry? She asked, showing a toothy smile. “Wow thanks Saphira.” Eragon said. He started gathering sticks for the fire.

“I was concerned about you. Hylda said. You shouldn’t just wander off like that.” Sorry. Saphira said. I didn’t think you’d be awake when I got back. They both looked over as the fire started in a burst of flame. Eragon got up and took a large piece of meat, placing it in the pan. “We’ll have to share this. He said to Hylda. I don’t have two pans.” “That’s fine.” She said. I don’t know why you two don’t just eat it raw. Saphira said. Or let me burn it to a crisp in five seconds. It would sure save a lot of time. Hylda laughed. “Well eating it raw will make us sick or even kill us and black burnt deer meet doesn’t sound too good. She said. We humans like to enjoy our food to some extent.” Saphira snorted in annoyance but said nothing more on the matter.

After they had all finished eating they packed up and loaded Saphira with all the supplies. She stepped over the platform and allowed Eragon to attach it securely. Both Hylda and Eragon got onto her back and everyone was soon ready to go. As soon as he had given the okay, Saphira slowly lifted off into the sky. She was a bit tired from the other day but was still able to fly well. She flew forward, eager to reach their house before nightfall.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

By the time they had reached the house the sun was already beginning to set. Eragon looked back at Hylda as their house came into view. “That’s it. He said. It’s certainly not finished yet, but we’ve made good headway.” “I’m impressed.” Hylda said as Saphira took them down. As soon as they had landed, Eragon and Hylda slid off her back and started to unload the supplies. Once all the supplies were unloaded they started taking the furniture into the house. It consisted of several chairs, a large bench, and a nice large table. They put the wood at the side of the house. They were pretty long at around 25 feet each. Once everything was unloaded and set up, they walked into the house and sat down. Saphira sat in a corner of the house and watched them.

“Well, now what?” Hylda asked. “Well I’m sorry to say we don’t have beds yet. Eragon said. We have to make the house water proof before we start putting stuff in that can get damaged by water. Though I am surprised. It’s completely dry in here despite the fact that there have been several rain storms and we haven’t even finished the roof yet.” “Well it would seem that the first thing we should do is finish the roof.” Hylda said. Eragon nodded. “We’ve already got all the materials for it. He said. We decided to take a break and get married before we finished it.” Hylda looked at the ground. “I’m sorry you two couldn’t get married. She said. We’ll have to do it another time. But we’ll have to think of something besides that blindness trick we did this time.” “No. He said. We don’t need to get married. We already have something better and stronger than marriage. We’re mates. We don’t need some ceremony to prove that we love each other.”

Hylda looked over to Saphira. “Do you think this too?” She asked. It wasn’t my idea to get married. Saphira said. I went along with it because it’s what he wanted. If he doesn’t think we need to marry I’m not going to argue with him. Hylda looked back at Eragon. “I know it’s getting dark, but wouldn’t it be prudent to finish the roof before we go to bed?” She asked. Eragon nodded slowly. “We don’t have the moss yet.” He said. Hylda laughed. “There’s no need for moss. She said. I have a special formula that can seal the gaps between the logs.” “You have it with you?” Eragon asked. She nodded. “Yeah I don’t know why but I slipped this into my pocket before I even knew we were leaving. She said. Help me up top and I can seal the gaps.” But don’t you need a lot of the stuff? Saphira asked. Hylda shook her head. “No. She said. It expands a lot which allows a single drop to seal over a foot long of gap. It’s pretty powerful stuff, but like I said I have no idea what possessed me to bring it along.”

“Well it’s a good thing you did. Eragon said, getting up. Let’s go.” Hylda smiled and got up, following Eragon outside. He used a spell which launched her on top of the logs. She looked back at him in surprise as she landed, then smiled. “This shouldn’t take long. She said. Why don’t you start on the door? Here.” She threw a small vial to Eragon who caught it swiftly. “That will help you to bind the planks together.” She said. Eragon nodded and walked over to the side of the house where the wood was. He set two side by side one another and put a single drop of the liquid onto the wood. It foamed quickly then disappeared. He touched the wood to find that it now had a very slick feel to it and tried to pull the wood apart. Even though less than half the wood’s length was bonded it was still impossible for him to separate the pieces. “That’s some pretty strong stuff.” He said to himself.

Saphira came from around the corner and watched him as he sealed the wood. She couldnÂ’t help but admire him as he worked on the door. He was doing this for themÂ…for her. Instead of just living a life of luxury in the castle he decided she was more important and was now living like a peasant so they could be together. He made the excuse of wanting to get away from it all, but she knew he had just wanted to be with her regardless if he was able to love her the way he wanted to or not. She had no doubt that even if she hadnÂ’t reciprocated his feelings he would have still insisted that they live alone together. Even without their romantic love they were still very special to each other and had often talked about living a life of solitude together once the war was over and their obligations had been fulfilled. Saphira sighed deeply. She loved him so much. She continued to watch him as he sealed the wood together, thinking of how lucky she was to have such a wonderful mate.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Both Hylda and Eragon had finished in only half an hour. The door wasn’t attached yet however and Eragon looked over to Hylda questioningly. “I sorta forgot the larger piece of wood. He said. We can’t attach it.” She smiled at him. “This sealant can become flexible too. She said. With just a bit of magic we can turn it into an unbreakable and flexible sap-like substance which could easily attach to both the door itself and the rocks that make up the house.” “What is this stuff usually used for?” He asked. Hylda shrugged. “I don’t know. She said. I invented it myself. I never really thought of a purpose. But perhaps it can be used in construction now.” They both pushed the large heavy door up against the gap in the house wall only to find that it was too tall. “Crap.” Eragon said. Hylda suddenly flicked her wrist and about four feet of the wood was chopped off and fell to the ground. “How did you…” Eragon asked, getting cut off. “I have many talents. Hylda said. And many secrets. Let’s get this door up.” Eragon nodded and helped her push it against the gap again. It fit perfectly.

Hylda took out the vial and flicked her wrist once again, spreading the substance all along the side of the door and attaching it to the house. She spoke several words rapidly that Eragon didn’t understand and the door relaxed a bit. “There.” She said. She opened the door and it swung with ease. “Hylda, you’re much more than a soothsayer. Eragon said. What did you just do with the door? What were you saying that made it flexible like that? I didn’t understand a word of it.” She sighed heavily and looked at him. “How old do you think I am?” She asked. “What?” He asked, confused by her sudden question. “How old do you think I am?” She repeated. “Uhhhh…I don’t know. He said uncertainly. ……35?” She touched her cheek and smiled. “You flatter me. She said. I’ve been alive for much longer than you know. I was born in the time of reckoning.” “That’s impossible!” Eragon exclaimed.

What’s the time of reckoning? Saphira asked. I’m not exactly well versed in human history. “The time of reckoning was nearly twenty thousand years ago! Eragon exclaimed, ignoring her. You mean to tell me you’re almost twenty thousand years old?!” She smiled again. “And I don’t look a day over 40. She said. Yes, I’ve been alive since the time of reckoning. That’s how I know so much and have so many talents.” What was the time of reckoning? Saphira asked again, getting annoyed. “It was a time when people believed that everything could be solved through thought and spiritual awareness. Hylda said. Your relationship would have been widely accepted back then. Unfortunately these ideas were challenged by those who wanted to take action rather than listen to the possibilities. They started a terrible war that raged for a thousand years. Unfortunately the enlightened thinkers lost to the barbarians that wanted nothing but action and resisted intricate deliberation.”

So what side were you on? Saphira asked. “I remained neutral, working as a witch and helping people. Hylda said. I didn’t care what way it went. It didn’t concern me. I did however think much more like an enlightenment thinker than a barbarian.” “Are you human?” Eragon asked. Hylda laughed lightly. “Of course I am. She said. I just know certain ancient magic that allows me to prolong my life. I expect to live at least another twenty thousand years before the magic is no longer enough to keep me alive.” What about us? Saphira asked. Can you prolong our lives? We don’t wish to be separated. “I can do better than that. Hylda said. I’m really not allowed to tell you this, but I will. I like you two and I believe in your relationship. You love each other and death must not be allowed to part you. I don’t know what lies after death, but I do know a way…….” She trailed off suddenly. “Yes?” Eragon asked eagerly. “I’m not allowed to say anything more specific. Hylda said. But I can tell you where to find the answers you seek. Head East about two thousand miles and you’ll come across a vast desert. You will find the answers you seek there.”

“What’s there?” Eragon asked. There was a long moment of silence before she responded. “The dragon library.” She said softly. Are you serious?! Saphira exclaimed thunderously. It actually exists!? Hylda nodded slowly. “But I can’t say anything more.” She said. “Enlighten me. Eragon said. What’s the dragon library?” Hylda shook her head. “I’ve already said too much. She said. You’ll have to talk about it with Saphira. Now I suggest we get some rest. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow.” Hylda turned and headed into the house, not looking back. Eragon looked up at Saphira. “What’s the dragon library?” He asked. It’s a library that exists in legend. Saphira said. It supposedly contains all knowledge of the dragons. The information we would find there would be immeasurable. It certainly would have won the war quicker. “Why didn’t you tell me about this before?” He asked. I didn’t think it existed. She said defensively. I would have told you had I known it wasn’t just a bedtime story.

“What kind of information is in this library?” Eragon asked with interest. Well I can’t speak from personal experience of course, but it is said to contain knowledge on a vast amount of subjects. She said. Everything from weapons to basket weaving to magic that is said to have been lost long ago. It’s said that the most powerful and dangerous spells were sealed away in a chamber in the library and kept under constant guard. The guards are immortal…..the living dead. If the stories are true, the guards will still be there, as will the librarian. “Who’s the librarian?” Eragon asked. He was more than interested now, his attention focused on every word she said. It is said to be a VERY powerful creature….a dragon with far superior strength to my own. Saphira said. He is said to be the first dragon, and it was to him that the protection of the library was entrusted to. It is the librarian’s purpose to protect the library from those who would use its secrets to harm others, and also from those who would try to destroy the library itself.

“Where is this library?” Eragon asked. The legend doesn’t say. She said. But if Hylda is as old as she says she is, she may very well know the location of the dragon library…..that is if it is in fact more than just a myth. “Now that we’re speaking in private….what is your general opinion of her?” Who? Saphira asked. Hylda? He nodded. Saphira thought for a moment. She is a….unique woman. She said. I don’t know how else to describe her. She’s almost…..mysterious in a way. “Do you believe she’s really as old as she says she is?” He asked. Yes. Saphira said simply. Do you? Eragon thought for a minute, remembering the ancient magic she used to make that strange material of hers flexible when creating the hinge for the door. “Yeah. He said. I didn’t understand that magic she used at all. And there was something…..different about it.” Well, enough talk about this. Saphira said. We should get some rest. Eragon looked up at her. They could both sense their desires to mate. The heat between them was strong. Eragon opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off abruptly by Saphira. After we get Hylda back. She said softly, aware of both their desires. He looked almost pitiful as he looked away.

The combination of his deflated feelings and the feeling of intense heat down in her nether regions made her change her mind. Well I suppose we could if we flew far enough away. She said, whispering. Eragon looked at her with a happy expression, reaching up at her and rubbing the scales on her face affectionately. She laughed lightly as his hands tickled her face and opened her eyes as he took his hand away and began walking behind her. She felt the familiar feeling of him climbing onto her back and looked back to make sure he was secure. As he nodded letting her know he was ready, she took off into the sky heading away from their house.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Saphira landed roughly on the soft grass, the heat in her loins making her lose her energy and concentration. She hadnÂ’t realized how aroused she was until they were alone. So Eragon now that we are alone what shall we do?, She said in a seductive tone. I dont know Saphira, but im sure we can think of something. he said with it an inticing tone. ohh i thought we stopped the dirty talk. said Saphira giggleing slightly. so did i Saphira so do i.

THE END.

BY acejt

i regret to inform everyone who reads this that this is the only lemon i will upload by me i do not intend to do any others but im sure this makes up for at least a year of lemons from a preety big tree of fanfiction and i hope im not being big headed by saying that i think its preety good but i refuse to do another even though i have set this up for a sequel i am abandoning it it wasne t even finished at first so i have just quickly added this bit to the end because as the more experinced lemon writers know that this shold of endded with a love scene and it was in fact sopposed to but i just cant be boverd any more so yeah peace :)
i have seen the very darkness of humanity that we destroy are selfs in the end but i have also seen our potential for good and freindship and that is what i hang on too, I am unrelenting and i fight for what i belive in that is my goal.

I AM ACEJT AND I WILL REBEL

click here to see my original fiction turn RP
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds