Join our server on Discord

How did you come up with your username?
(02-12-2012 09:59 PM)Kyosan Wrote: I actually got my username from a book. (Even though I'm still asked to this day if my username comes from Fruits Basket...) The book in question was from Darren Shan; a small short story he did for World Book Day called Koyasan. After a bit of letter omission and swapping around, came up with Kyosan.

Funnily enough, I only learned later that Kyo meant orange, and -san was a honorific suffix.

Ooh! Mr. Kyosan's name was a Darren Shan reference!? Aaaawesome! XD
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
just to help make myself known I'll post how I came up with my username.
My full username is Pokedemon666... My dad started calling me Demon when I was a little kid because I was always doing chaotic things that caused a mess, hurt myself, hurt others, sometimes just seemed stupid and evil at the same time. Well when I reached high school I had fully adapted to the name and all my friends called me T6 (Meaning 666) because they didn't want to say demon infront of the teachers and the principal (Sorry they were the kinda of wimpy kids that couldn't stand up to a butterfly... we've all met them) so they just said T6 (God why was I even friends with them?) but then when I started writing fics and stuff people started noticing that I had an attraction to feral and anthro creatures from like Pokemon and Digimon and other made up creatures in other games and tv shows. well it just sort of popped into my head and I started going by digi devil for a while but that just didn't have the ring I was looking for because it had nothing to do with me and didn't really put my own personal title giving them something about the real me. So I went back to Demon and put 666 at the end and Poke at the front finding it had just the right ring I was looking for.
You have a strong heart, a warm smile, a soft hug and you know how to give love better then anyone I know.
Frisk E. Coyote Wrote:Ooh! Mr. Kyosan's name was a Darren Shan reference!? Aaaawesome! XD

Yup, pretty much. I was and still am a big Darren Shan fan, so it's always good to remember my username came from one of his least known books. :P Otherwise it would have been Darkholme, and that's another reference to a much more... well known series.

Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Well... my base name, Chaos knight Matthew, does have a bit of history in itself. Of course my real life name is Matthew so that's where that part came from. When i first started coming online in the AOL Chats I wanted a name that would reflect who i was at the time. I liked dragons and with my kind nature I came up with Dragon Knight Matt. That stayed on for a few years until my own personal depression started kicking in with home issues happening and then work related stress and not soon thereafter with the... bad natured thoughts I had at the time, Dark Knight Matt surfaced then. After another length of time, where I was beginning to mature and try to get life in order, despite still working on that lol, I got to thinking... With the absence of Light and Darkness Chaos consumes all. Granted i am still a nice person but i do have some dark ideas at times, Chaos Knight Matthew came to mind and has stuck with me ever since.

I still use the other two names as DragonKnightMatt is in my Photobucket account and DarkKnightMatt is in my DeviantArt account.

Chaos Knight Matthew (CKMatthew for short) is who I truly see myself as I had overcome my darkest times even with the little loss of light. ^^

Matthew Chaos-Dovahkiin is of course derived from my top favorite game Skyrim :P lol
Nyaa... Will be around but not very much.
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
I just picked the first thing that popped up in my head that sounded cool, this username is the second incarnation.
I had been looking for a name for a new RP character. I came across Jaser, which means fearless, and thought it was pretty cool. Not unique enough to find me on google but unique enough to be recognized in the Digimon fandom.
Holy necrobump, then again I guess everything's a necrobump here! :P

As for my name... I was young, dumb, and it was a character I had. Now I'm too lazy to change it.
It is but hey, I'll allow it.
Can't seem to remember where I came up with mine.
(05-23-2015 05:01 AM)Gogglehead Wrote: Can't seem to remember where I came up with mine.

Seems like the goggles might be on too tight.