Join our server on Discord

I am depressed...
Yeah, no funky title now. But I'm not feeling my usual uppity self and I just want to let someone know.

Firstly, I took on a request here in which I am late to post...6 months late...now I fear that should I post it, it would lose it's value due to the course of the time waited by the requestor, whom I give apologies to.

Secondly, my parents paid for a year of college for me...and I blew it out of the water and into the scorching sand. They're giving me another chance, but I'm not sure how I could break my less-than-necessary habits, which leads to the fear of failure yet again.

Thirdly, I also fear that bothering you with the problems that you shouldn't have to concern yourself will bring about rejection and rebuke.

I apologize for my emotional outgoing but I just need words of encouragement or something cuz I'm just feeling darker and colder than I'd ever see myself to be. Sad face.
[Image: assassins-creed-2.jpg]

The innocent will be spared, the guilty will be killed.
Sacrifices will be made, benefits will be gained.
I am Venin; all opposed will fall to my blade.
Creative Minds
Veemon's Followers
You must go ahead and post it anyway, especially if you've already written it. If not, it's probably best if you find the person who made the request and apologized for its delay. You've probably had lots of things going on in your life, and you weren't obliged to put its priority above others. I'm sure they would understand. After that, I think it's best that you don't take any requests until your life is sorted.

It's alright Ven, people have made mistakes that made them feel like idiots and hate themselves before, and it's especially bad when you disappoint or let down people like your parents. The only good thing about mistakes is that if you learn from them, you wouldn't have failed completely. I'm sure that now that you know the stakes, and now that you have the motivation to straighten up and do what you have to do, you won't fail a second time. Even your parents gave you a second chance, so surely they believe in you too.

You wanted support, you have it. It's not my place to berate you for things you did, as I am just a stranger to you. I am not your parents, nor am I a personal acquaintance, but I like to see myself as a friend to everyone, and I try to be. So what ever you're going through, I hope it passes, and things go better for you. When life puts on its brass knuckles, watch out for its right hook- it's a doozy.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Believe me if there's one thing I know it's depression, been through it more times than I care to admit. For the request, pretty much what frisky said, life gets in the way, and when it comes down to it some things just take priority. I'm sure whoever you were writing it for will understand, and if they don't? Fuck them. You were really doing it just as a kindness, not like you were getting paid I'm sure right?

For the second problem, everyone messes up, it feels horrible, makes you wanna give up for fear of failing again. But WARNING CLICHE QUOTE INCOMING! You only fail when you stop trying. The fact that your parents are giving you another chance means they have faith in you, so have faith in yourself.

And third, we're friends here. Everyone on the board, excluding the bots and trolls, care for eachother like a family almost. If you've got a problem never be worried about bringing it up, we'd all be more than happy to help in any way that we can and would never feel burdened by it.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I'd like to start with an offtopic remark. I'm a troll, but y'all seem friendly enough to me.

Moving foward,
Dear Stranger,
It's okay. Life will get you down, and while troubles always occur, there's one thing you can count on, and that's if you try your best, failure is still an option. It's a part of our lives and why we grow, so there's no reason to scorn it or feel devastated by it.

The only logical way to take this is weigh the pros against the cons, and decide what's truly best for you. Hell, a lot of jobs take minimal education. A simple class in computer applications and you're good to go, for instance.

You might also want to think about which school is best for you: technical or traditional.
A Dark Angel is set on fire
With burning love and desire
This feeling she never knew before
Yet her mind is asking for more
Rotten and dark she is inside
A fallen angel of the night
She curses for the feeling she calls Love
It makes her like an Angel from above
Yet her heart holds it light
Because that's what comforts her through the night
This fallen that you see
Is the soul that hides inside me.
Only the second one seems like a major problem. I once got on academic probation, and during that semester, I broke my video game habit that jeopardized my college education by leaving all the video games at home. Whatever your habit is, just keep it away from you, and if you have friends who want you to partake in said habit, tell them to go to hell (politely).
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Dude, more study less fun. Take small breaks once in a while, but study is serious business. And post the story, better later than never.
(09-05-2011 10:55 PM)Wisemon Wrote: tell them to go to hell (politely).

That's not politely? Wow no wonder i failed my manner lessons. Is 'go fuck yourself' still the proper response for when someone sneezes?
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Only if it's during sex I think...
The most dangerous phrase ever uttered in all of minecraftia: "/give honeydew 46 64"

Imaginato disciplinis cognoscere modum; sciam quid et ingenii?
My learning and imagination know no bounds; why should my knowledge and abilities?

[Image: scorpiomoon.jpg]
Alchemy: [from the Moon to] Scorpio to man to eagle to the phoenix (female) [to the sun] back to Her consciousness outside the box she created.
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Do you still feel bad?