Join our server on Discord

WOOTZ!!!
I just got...*turn back hat in a dramatic fashion* a new laptop! It's a macbook pro from 5-7 years ago, 17 in screen, 2.16 ghz intel core duo, 2 gigs of ram, and snow leopard 10.6.8, and about $200-300 worth of 3d modeling software. I'm gonna install windows on it then dump the hard drive contents from my netbook onto it, and the best part is that it comes with a disk drive. Trust me, when you go a year without one you start to miss it alot. I am currently posting this post with it, while downloading tf2, and streaming to an apple tv 2. I love this.
"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla
[Image: potential.png]
The OCA
Renamon's Army
id the software come with it? how are you going to install windows onto it? and GZ on your new laptop ^.^
Creative Minds
That's nice to hear. But I disagree with the Disk drive thing. Much like a VCR, you can just get a cheap one and plug it up when needed.
But hey, Good thing with the new computer. Glad to hear it.
The software I've found so far includes DAZ 3d, a crap load of adobe software, and a couple of other programs from university resource's. I'm gonna install bootcamp then install windows, so at start up it'll give me a choice of windows or mac to use. You have a point H, but the problem with that is I have a tendency of killing any cheap disk drives, and anything that won't die is to expensive for my income.
"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla
The OCA
Renamon's Army
(07-20-2011 06:10 AM)Jack_Pholph Wrote: The software I've found so far includes DAZ 3d, a crap load of adobe software, and a couple of other programs from university resource's. I'm gonna install bootcamp then install windows, so at start up it'll give me a choice of windows or mac to use. You have a point H, but the problem with that is I have a tendency of killing any cheap disk drives, and anything that won't die is to expensive for my income.

cool and lol i see that my post said ID but i ment to say did, did all that software come with the comp or did you have it already or you bought it all just for the comp?
Creative Minds
I inherited my laptop from my father so i guess it technically came with it, but he got it from his ex job at usc.
The OCA
Renamon's Army
your dad worked at USC thats cool USC is a nice college i loved when I went to go see it.
Creative Minds
(07-20-2011 06:10 AM)Jack_Pholph Wrote: The software I've found so far includes DAZ 3d, a crap load of adobe software, and a couple of other programs from university resource's. I'm gonna install bootcamp then install windows, so at start up it'll give me a choice of windows or mac to use. You have a point H, but the problem with that is I have a tendency of killing any cheap disk drives, and anything that won't die is to expensive for my income.

But what do you have on disks that you can't put on a CD or Flash Drive?
wii games, ps2 games, work presentations (every company I go to only has disk players hooked up to their projector), and a couple 3 hour hd movies. H, I think this is getting a little off topic so lets stop arguing. yeah crazy, but guess what he got for ten years working there, a pin, a shitty little solid silver pin. It doesn't even look cool.
The OCA
Renamon's Army
lolz well if he enjoyed working there I guess the memories are worth it. So you are going to use the laptop for art stuff like drawing publishing and things like that because that is some pretty good art software you have there.
Creative Minds