Join our server on Discord

Another New Series... Hopefully I'll finish this one.
Chapter 1 – On A Larger Scale

After hours waited, countless papers signed and hundreds of questions answered, Oasis was finally ready for her new dorm room. Discreetly adjusting the tail button on her pants, she tuned out the details as the university official blathered on about rules and regulations.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, she thought to herself, Just shut up already and give me my room key. I have important business to attend to. Like, getting online and bragging to all of my friends about my scholarship, and my eligibility for my deluxe dorm room, and my roommate, whom I’m sure will be just as awesome as I am. She’s going to be smart, pretty, and super hot.

The wolfess continued gloating to herself in her head, swaying her tail and watching the woman at the desk’s lips move. Eventually, she reached down and pulled up a lock box.

“Alright now, Ms. Oasis,” she said, smiling and opening the metal box, “Here’s your room key. Your roommate arrived a few hours ago so they should be settled in. You’re all they way at the top, tenth floor. The elevator is out of order, and the stairs are just down the hall.”

“So, which room did you say I’m in?” Oasis asked, taking the small bit of metal from the attendant.

“Our deluxe dorm building features only ten rooms, each of them taking up an entire floor,” she said, smiling and pushing yet another form towards the canine, “Now just sign one last time and you can be on your way.”

Oasis grinned with anticipation and took out her pen. After scribbling her name for the last time, she pocketed the key and stood up. She bid the desk attendant goodbye and walked outside.

Her car was just where she left it, occupying the closest spot to the door with its faded blue body. The trunk bulged open, being held shut only by bungee cords stretched to their limit. She stretched them just a bit further and unhooked the trunk, allowing the metal top to swing open. Inside, a myriad of boxes were neatly stacked and labeled along with a few cases of luggage. Oasis’ enthusiasm faded as she realized she had to tote all of her possessions up ten flights of stairs.

Giving a heavy sigh, she hefted the first box and carried it inside, past the desk and all the way up the stairs. Once she reached the tenth floor, she dropped the box on the floor and began the trudge back downstairs. She repeated this process until her car was empty, then stopped to look at herself in the lobby mirror. When she started, her fur was neatly smoothed over and her pink hair perfectly set. Now, she was slightly sweaty, her clothes misarranged and crinkled, and her fur ruffled.

Just as she admitted to herself that she would indeed have to introduce herself to her new roommate looking like this, the desk attendant beckoned to her.

“Ms. Oasis?” she said, smiling, “You’ll be happy to know that our elevator happened to not be out of order, so you can go ahead and use it to carry your bags up to your room.”

Fighting the urge to scream aloud, she forced a smile and nodded to the woman, before heading over to the elevator. She stood in the ascending metal box, grumbling to herself until she reached the top floor. A small monitor lit up in the elevator displaying instructions to the wolfess. The screen flashed bright red letters designating to place her room key in the keyhole below the screen. She did so and the doors slid open, revealing her room.

The walls were painted a stunning white, with dark black carpeting covering the floor. White furniture was placed about in a neat fashion. Mounted on the wall was a large flat screen television, complete with a sound system and Blu-ray player. On the couch, Oasis found a small laminated card that read:

Welcome to the Deluxe Dormitory
We have provided all of the furniture for your use
You may customize the room however you please including placing a television on the mount provided. Please try not to damage the walls or stain the carpet.

Enjoy your stay!

She looked from the card to the TV then back to the card. Assuming that they were her roommate’s, she opted not to touch them. She began to roam around her new apartment, exploring every room. The kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms she had explored all appeared to be in order. Eventually, she came across the last room to be opened. In fact it appeared it had already been explored. The door was cracked, and inside a dim light glowed across the wall. She quietly opened the door and stuck her head in. The walls were covered with posters from different movies and bands, and the dim glow came from a table lamp next to the bed.

In the bed was a form, gently rising and falling as they breathed. A radio beneath the lamp was turned on, quietly playing soft music, presumably keeping the inhabitant of the bed unconscious. Though she couldn’t see her roommate, Oasis smiled as she saw one large triangular ear poke up from beneath the covers when the figure rolled over.

She turned away and quietly closed the door, then walked into the main living area. And sat down.

Now then, the wolfess thought to herself, tracing her fingers over the lines where the color of her fur changed from black to pink, What kind of roommate might I have? Maybe she’s a wolf like me! Or a dog, or a jackal? Oh well, I guess I’ll find out.

Not wanting to unpack her belongings just yet, Oasis stretched her lithe form out over the couch. Confident that her roommate wouldn’t mind, she unbuttoned both the front and the back of her long pink and black cargo shorts, sliding out of them and flicking them off of her foot into the corner of the room. She then curled up on the couch in just her shirt and panties before dozing off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shifting quietly, Axel gave a long, quiet yawn and got out of bed. He shuffled over to the radio and dropped his hand onto it, turning it off. Flicking his triangular ears about, the lynx wandered over to his dresser and took out a pair of pants. He quickly put them on, then went to load up his pockets. He put his phone, his 3DS, a pocketknife and a pair of earbuds into various pockets, threw a shirt over his shoulder then went out into the kitchen. He threw a corn dog in the microwave before his ears swiveled around pointing directly at the couch. He turned and heard a soft moan coming from behind the couch.

He quickly observed the room and noticed a large pile of boxes that he was surprised that he missed when he first walked into the room, and a pair of bright pink shorts with black trim sitting in the corner. He grabbed a piece of paper off the counter and folded it into a paper airplane, scribbling the words: “Nice Shorts, roomy” and expertly flicked it over the couch, spying it land just on the other side of the couch back.

Just as it landed, the microwave signaled the completion of its cooking. Axel reached in and retrieved his corn dog, taking out the steaming sausage and leaving. He walked all the way down the stairs, shirtless, attracting the attention of every female (and a few males) to walk by. Once he finished his corn dog, he disposed of the stick in an appropriate fashion, then went to his mailbox in the lobby.

“Hi there,” the lynx said to the desk attendant, “How’s attending the desk going for you?”

“Oh, it’s going just fine,” she said, her young eyes entranced by the feline male’s slender musculature, “How’s your new roommate?”

“Oh, he’s kind of a slob,” Axel replied, sifting through the pile of junkmail he had received to get at his Netflix envelope, “He left all of his boxes out then took off his pants and fell asleep.”

“He?” the desk attendant asked, “Your roommate is a g-”

“Sweet!” Axel interrupted, looking at the back of his Netflix movie, “I haven’t seen this one yet. Thanks for my mail!”

Axel took the shirt off of his shoulder and slipped it on, then ran up the stairs two at a time, dashing up to his room to watch the film he had long awaited.

Oasis rolled over in her sleep, then quietly woke up. She yawned happily and looked at the clock. It had been nearly four hours since she fell asleep. She then moved her gaze down and saw a little paper airplane resting across her thighs and smiled. Oasis grabbed at the little aircraft, plucking it up and reading the message scrawled across it. She smiled and looked over at her pants, She stood up and walked over to the fridge, stretching contently.

On her way, she heard footsteps coming up the steps towards her room. She tilted her head to the side and looked at the door. Altering her course, Oasis walked to the door and reached for the handle. Just as she was about to touch it, the door swung open and a male tried to run through, only to rear back when he saw her.

He fell backwards and landed firmly on his ass, flailing his arms as he tried not to tumble backwards down the stairs. Once he stabilized himself, he looked up at Oasis.

“What’re you doing in my room?” he asked, standing up slowly, “Did my roommate call you? He’s worse than I thought.”

“Your room?” Oasis said, shifting her wait from one foot to the other, “This is my room! And who are you? My roommates boyfriend? You’ve got ears just like her.”

The two of them pondered for a moment, then looked up at each other, wide-eyed. The feline began rifling through his pockets and his canine companion ran back into the room, vaulting the couch and rifling through her own pockets. They soon met once more at the threshold, each holding a folded piece of paper with the same embroidery.

“Congratulation’s on your application being accepted for the deluxe dorm,” they read at the same time, “You’re roommates should be arriving as promptly as possible. You will be rooming with Ms. Lynx/ Mr. Lobo and M. Cheval.”

They stopped there and looked up at each other, then proceeded to dash over to the elevator, both of them standing inside and bickering as they descended.

“You weren’t supposed to be a guy,” Oasis whined, “I was supposed to have the coolest girl as my roommate! I’ve wanted a girl roommate for college since I was five!”

“You’ve been planning for college since age 5?!” Axel commented, “I wasn’t thinking about it until I graduated! But, you weren’t supposed to be a girl either! I wanted a cool guy that I could stay up and pull all nighters with!”

They went back and forth for the whole ride, and when the doors opened on the bottom floor, they rushed out and both charged the desk.

“What is this?” They yelled at the receptionist, pointing at the other with one paw and holding out their letters with the other.

“Well, um, you see,” she started, “The intern we had type those letters isn’t fluent in English yet, and she doesn’t quite understand the prefixes yet. She must have mixed them up when she typed your letters.”

“Then who is this Cheval person?” Axel stated, taking a second look down at his letter.

“I, um, actually don’t know,” the receptionist said, severely embarrassed by her professional blunder, “They signed up for our mail registry, I don’t know a thing about anyone named Cheval. I can find their application though.”

“Please do so,” Oasis said, folding her letter once again. The receptionist pulled out a piece of paper and began to look over it. Afterwards, she looked up at them, hesitantly speaking.

“Um,” she said, “It doesn’t say much. It just says that they’re a track and field champion who lives somewhere called Corrales.”

Oasis began ranting on at the receptionist while Axel took in the fact that his college experience was going to be nothing of what he expected. He watched his lupine roommate yell and rant for sometime, before his ears swiveled around to face behind him. He became aware of a steady, loud clicking noise. Like something hard coming in contact with the tile floor. He spun around to see a swish of hair as the elevator doors closed and the clicking stopped. He watched the dial above the elevator move as the elevator rose. 1. 2. 3. All the way until it stopped on the tenth floor. Axel reached over and tugged childishly on the hem of Oasis’ shirt.

“WHAT?!?” she shouted, whirling to face him. The feline cringed away, his ears folded back against his head. He then pointed a single, shaking finger at the elevator dial.

“O-Our roommate is up there,” he said, standing up. He started towards the elevator, followed nervously by Oasis, whom had quieted down once she realized things were about to change again. They silently got into the elevator and began their ride up.

Then, a cat walked out from behind the counter and spoke to the receptionist.

“Dios mío, los dos estaban peleando como perros y gatos,” she said to the desk attendant, whom in turn nodded.

“Yeah,” she said, “I know.”

So how was it?
[Image: Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif]

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
well i liked it is still funny to see people freak out XD one thing though up when the receptionist was reading the application she said they so does that mean the last 2 people were on the application?
Creative Minds
No, she just doesn't know whether the roommate is male or female.
[Image: Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif]

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
...So... i's that it? Nice story/part, either way. ^_^ *two thumbs way way up*
The most dangerous phrase ever uttered in all of minecraftia: "/give honeydew 46 64"

Imaginato disciplinis cognoscere modum; sciam quid et ingenii?
My learning and imagination know no bounds; why should my knowledge and abilities?

[Image: scorpiomoon.jpg]
Alchemy: [from the Moon to] Scorpio to man to eagle to the phoenix (female) [to the sun] back to Her consciousness outside the box she created.
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz