Join our server on Discord

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
(07-02-2011 11:42 AM)Doctor Gabumon Wrote:
(07-02-2011 09:13 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: B) I never said I didn't like the show. I just said it doesn't grind my gears after watching the first episode.

1st episode isn't really the best place to start for the series. It vaguely sets up the main characters and future plot points, but lacks any of the real humor or charm present in later episodes.

Still if it isn't your thing. then it isn't your thing. I've always been annoyed by this notion that the pony community wants to forcefully jam the show down everyone's throats.

Most fans will get called names and honestly the best rebuttal is to ask "Have you actually watched the show?" Then all of a sudden we're the assholes because we're trying to "force" everyone to watch it.

Anyways. I really expected a bunch of "meh'"s in this thread. having only two or three is amazing

"You see, Pony, as you know, Is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!"

Heh, well, you quoted what I said out of context. It might not be my thing, at least the show itself, to watch, but I do enjoy the off-screen humor it gets; again, the stuff wolfjedisamuel drew.

I watched the first episode because I usually go against the flow but I realized that's being close-minded, so I gave it a chance. I'll give you that the show has clever and practical humor as well as action that I can say I enjoy, but somehow, I didn't feel compelled to continue watching it. I did, however, watch the entire two parts of the first episode, and I can say without a doubt that I've enough to speak about what I like and what I don't like from it.

Now, if I hadn't watched anything at all and had begun dissing everyone here just because of some childish reason such as "stop being gay y'all" then yes, saying "Why don't you watch it first and then decide?" is something entirely reasonable to do, especially if you're a fan.

In the hypothetical of someone telling me to watch more AFTER I've given my opinion AFTER I've watched it, then I'd say that's forcing the issue.

And I haven't even dissed nor slandered the series or its fans to begin with. So you can also consider yourself lucky this thread has nice people talking about it altogether~ Which is awesome.

My argument with Black is over him trying to fabricate a truth and try to choke me with it. I'm afraid I couldn't let that slide, lol.

Other than that, I think the thread is fun, especially with Mahees, Ray and I and our outbursts :3
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by Adym - 06-30-2011, 02:11 AM
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by Adym - 06-30-2011, 03:53 AM
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by Adym - 07-01-2011, 01:09 AM
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by DragonMasterX - 07-02-2011, 12:34 PM
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by Adym - 09-19-2011, 05:02 AM
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by Mr.E - 09-22-2011, 12:48 PM
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by Adym - 09-23-2011, 04:20 AM
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by Adym - 09-23-2011, 06:57 AM
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by Adym - 09-27-2011, 05:21 AM
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by Adym - 09-28-2011, 02:29 AM
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by Adym - 09-29-2011, 04:31 AM
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by Adym - 09-29-2011, 05:22 AM
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by Adym - 09-29-2011, 02:30 PM
RE: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - by Adym - 10-01-2011, 11:58 AM