Join our server on Discord

Ordering anything over the Internet just HAS to be impossible
Screw you, Canada Post. Wtf is wrong with you? I bought a laptop about one and a half weeks ago and it didn't come with a powercord. (Who was the idiot who forgot to put the powercord into the shipment?)

So, I purchased one over the Internet. VERY BAD mistake.

Canada Post is now on strike for whatever reason. What's worse is that my powercord is shipping from freaking Hong Kong! I will likely have my powercord in at least three months! What Canadian website would honestly ship crap like that from China? Cheap labor? What is wrong with this world!?!?!?! Oh, I forgot. Everything.

I've learned my lesson. Never buy anything on the Internet and have it shipped to you.
I know, I am a very pissy girl.
Mah Citeh.
[Image: 216801_198660990172916_100000870481236_4...7313_n.jpg]
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Blackwargreymon's Desires Part 7 is the last story of the series, regardless of what it says in the post. I will not be making anymore parts to it.
You don't buy Laptops from the Internet... its Basic...
[Image: NozomuSig.png]
[Xbox]Gamertag: OkamiPT
Oh, my friends online chipped in to buy me a laptop for my birthday last March, and I got it on May. X3 It came complete though, and it was more problems with the shipping company rather than the website. They needed my contact details and would've had it in for me in about two weeks if I had given them my mobile phone number, but we didn't really know that, so we couldn't really blame anyone.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
So what part of your purchase has to do with buying things on the internet?

That a guy forgot to put a power cord in? (Was this a purchase of a new laptop? A used or refurbished model might not have come with one. On top of that, why not contact the company/seller instead of buying one yourself?)

Canada Post being on strike? Nothing to do with the internet, in fact internet shipping gets done through many different vendors so that is probably less of an issue if different shipping can be arranged.

Oh and as for the cord being shipped from Hong Kong (and most websites say where they ship from, it's something to look for when buying products)...go check out some power cords in a store (I'm guessing you didn't to save money). I'm sure plenty of them have Made in China stickers. Guess where Hong Kong is? Yeah, and assuming getting a product for cheap is why you bought a power cord online (and not in a retail store) then what did you expect? A top quality product straight from Canada's finest for nothing?

The power cord not being included sucks, but you should contact the seller and take it up with them.

I buy things online A LOT, and have had very few problems. They creep up, but that is the risk of buying online vs getting it from a store.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
'Claimer is right. It's the Post that's your problem. Two good friends of mine had their paychecks not sent to them since they get them from the US.
That's a problem.
Tons and tons of online electronics retailers ship out of China. Hell, my iPad shipped from China!

But yes, unless you're buying the laptop directly from its first-party merchant, don't buy it online.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
(06-25-2011 05:03 AM)Erethzium Wrote: Tons and tons of online electronics retailers ship out of China. Hell, my iPad shipped from China!

But yes, unless you're buying the laptop directly from its first-party merchant, don't buy it online.

Everything I bought online came from Canada, I don't see why it doesn't come now. The only things I bought online that didn't come from Canada was my iPhone 4 (now broken lol) and my iPad, that's it. They came from the United States. And they only took 1 and a half weeks to come. By the way, Canada Post is still on strike.
Mah Citeh.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Blackwargreymon's Desires Part 7 is the last story of the series, regardless of what it says in the post. I will not be making anymore parts to it.
I don't buy anything online, like ever!

Anyway, Canada is not so bad, you could be living in USA...
(06-25-2011 09:26 AM)BlackVeedramon Wrote: I don't buy anything online, like ever!

Anyway, Canada is not so bad, you could be living in USA...

What's so bad with shipments from the US? My Apple products came in a good time I think...sort of...
Mah Citeh.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Quote:What's worse is that my powercord is shipping from freaking Hong Kong! I will likely have my powercord in at least three months!

If that wasn't enough, there's also the age-old factor that stuff imported from China and Hong Kong... tends to break more easily than if it was made somewhere in North America. ^^; I had a duffel bag made in China, one of the zippers broke in four months.