Join our server on Discord

The medium is the message.
(ok, I have to get some crazy shit off my chest; beware!)

The medium is the message. The age old saying of "it's not what you say, it's how you say it". The way in which something i's presented means more than the actual presentation itself. What's that? Preposterous? Ah, but not so, observe the following simple question:

Why would you want to do that?

Simple question, to which there i's probably a simple answer, nothing complicated, just a simple plea for understanding. However, now observe the exact same sentence, with a slight change in tone:

Why would you want to do that?

See what that did? Exactly the same question, but suddenly seven letters and a question mark are now tilted fourty five degrees to the right. All of a sudden the question i's now given a snobbish personal tone: it i's no longer a general wish for understanding, but a personal slight against the person being asked. I didn't even actually change how it was spoken. I just changed how it was presented.

Let's take another example. I decide, for whatever weird reason, to buy you something you've wanted your entire life (I didn't say we was using reality here, just go wit it). It gets wrapped up nice, you receive it, you feel happy, everythings ok. But let's say instead I had put it in an old box, burried it, dug it up later, then gave it to you (but somehow it's still in perfect condition inside said box). Suddenly you're grossed put. You don't even want to know what'd inside the box anymore; you're just super mad at me for giving you an old stinky box. The way in which something is delivered means more than what i's being delivered.

This ties back to what kind of clothes we wear, how we talk, how we act: who or what we are pales in comparison to if we can look like those things, if we can act and look like we know what we're doing, then if we really are barely matters! Most of our entire society i's based on this simple fact.

And that i's one of the simple reasons why me and society don't mix. I simply don't cover things up with a nice bow or pretty tinsel or a kind lie, or "dress nicely" or change my life to fit the rest of the populace when me and those around me couldn't Care less; I am who I am, and youre gonna hear what I really think, not what you wanna hear (and those my social life goes down from there). If you can't take that, then fine. Don't ask my opinion... Or talk to me in general... Or ask me to change to become "better", Cause all you're gonna get i's pure blunt honesty.

(whoo, ok, got that off my chest, thx to those who stayed wit me thus far. I don't know where that came from, I just had to say it XP perhaps I shoulda put this in rants... Oops Blush )

Edit: hth did a thumbs up get on this thread?
The most dangerous phrase ever uttered in all of minecraftia: "/give honeydew 46 64"

Imaginato disciplinis cognoscere modum; sciam quid et ingenii?
My learning and imagination know no bounds; why should my knowledge and abilities?

[Image: scorpiomoon.jpg]
Alchemy: [from the Moon to] Scorpio to man to eagle to the phoenix (female) [to the sun] back to Her consciousness outside the box she created.
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Too Long, but did read...

Dude Just deal with it.. xD
[Image: NozomuSig.png]
[Xbox]Gamertag: OkamiPT
Don't even know why I posted this... Never having pickles, ice cream, and pizza in one glomp after 11:00 pm again... :X
The most dangerous phrase ever uttered in all of minecraftia: "/give honeydew 46 64"

My learning and imagination know no bounds; why should my knowledge and abilities?

Alchemy: [from the Moon to] Scorpio to man to eagle to the phoenix (female) [to the sun] back to Her consciousness outside the box she created.
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
This sounds more like a rant, Johnie! X3 Yuppers! And yep, the tone and inflection of the way you say things are important! XD On the other hand... I really wouldn't mind a soiled gift as long as it's still good, but that's just me. I rarely get any gifts, so any gift I get makes me so super grateful I would become people's slave. X3

So yeah, I owe five people on this site my soul now, special mention to three special people who chipped in and got me a laptop for my birthday. T^T

We're alike in some ways though, Johnie, though not entirely. I don't try to make things I do any prettier, and I don't dress 'nice', but I try to be presentable for people so I don't ruin their social gathering that I have been invited to (like, at least wear some pants and a shirt instead of bondage gear), I do lie out of common courtesy though. I will tell someone who's relative just passed away that they have my condolences, even though I feel nothing for their relative and don't even know them. I won't change the way I live to fit in, but I will change the way I live to make others more comfortable, like instead of playing video games, I went to my grandmother's room and fixed her hair and made her feel pretty, and told her how beautiful she was until she died a few months later. My life revolves around being honest about my opinions, but I dishonest to not harm others. It's just the kind of person I am, I suppose, I don't want anyone upset or hurt because of me. I want everyone to be happy.

Five or six years back, I was exactly like you though. X3

-And I'm still a social outcast. XD
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
...maybe there's hope for me yet then, ya? lol

Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
See, this is why I'm a prick to everyone about everything. It makes life so much easier. That way, I don't have to worry about hurting someones' feelings, I only have to worry about how badly I want to hurt them. I feed on negative emotions. I'm just like the final antagonist from the second season of Digimon, only MY world domination plans won't be thwarted by friendship.

On a less evil note, I'll go ahead and put this in the Rant forum.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
Hmm, true that. Sry to hear you got banned. Woulda liked to have talked with yah.

Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
That depends on how interesting it would be to talk with a robot, lol.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Like the almighty bucket! XD It could be fun, but it loses its novelty after a while.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Meh. If works for bender, it can work for the rest.

Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz