Join our server on Discord

Would you like to see a Digimon series with one human protagonist?
Ie, he's the only human being on the show and there's no other supporting human cast...he's stuck in a world of Digimon with nothing but Digimon to interact with. Who would the gogglehead be...would it be he or she? How many episodes would you do?

Me, I'm trying a rewrite of Xros Wars that *sort* of emulates this concept...the main focus will be Taiki and the Digimon from Xros Wars, with some additions...

The main cast:
Taiki
Gaomon
Peckmon
Antylamon
Shoutmon
Dorulumon
Ballistamon
Biyomon

And so on...the major cast will still be there, but the main focus will always be on Taiki and the Xros Heart team. Ie, Nene will not join but her Digimon will.

Anyway, what would be your interpretation? OR do you perfer lots of human/Digimon?
[Image: Ikuto_Peckmon4_Ever.jpg]
"I'll keep you safe...forever."
Peckuto
Seems a little too simple. Good for a fic but I doubt it be fun for a series.
The human needs a rival and a pair up. Just look at V-Tamer Tai.
No please, we had V-tamer and it was cool, I think Taiki is the closest we will ever get to V-tamer in animation and I am cool with it, thank you.
You're welcome. And yeah. They will never animate V-Tamer. They even said it I think.
(04-27-2011 03:25 AM)Renafan Wrote: Ie, he's the only human being on the show and there's no other supporting human cast...he's stuck in a world of Digimon with nothing but Digimon to interact with. Who would the gogglehead be...would it be he or she? How many episodes would you do?

Me, I'm trying a rewrite of Xros Wars that *sort* of emulates this concept...the main focus will be Taiki and the Digimon from Xros Wars, with some additions...

The main cast:
Taiki
Gaomon
Peckmon
Antylamon
Shoutmon
Dorulumon
Ballistamon
Biyomon

And so on...the major cast will still be there, but the main focus will always be on Taiki and the Xros Heart team. Ie, Nene will not join but her Digimon will.

Anyway, what would be your interpretation? OR do you perfer lots of human/Digimon?

I would like to see a series of would take place in the future of the Tamer's universe where Ruki is given her own team of Digimon with Renamon as her second-in-command.

The team would be sent to a previously unknown and large micro-verse to investigate reports of an anarchist-hacker commune developing undetectable money, Digimon paramilitary activities, and a vanished archaeological team looking for signs of an ancient Digimon civilization that may somehow predate the Internet.

She would have to deal with unfamiliar gender pronouns and identities, interspecies rivalry, Renamon playing matchmaker, the fact that her grandmother has started dating again, sabotage, someone trying to kill her on behalf of an old foe, and a mysterious admirer and an accompanying romance the challenges her preconceptions about sexuality, gender identity, and the alien nature of Digimon.

Renamon gets her own subplot and we learn more about her and why she desired power and why she is so loyal. Each Digimon gets a interesting subplot or two, many of which tie into the main storyline and we learned that each has a good reason to be put on the team because of their specialized skills and previous experiences with this strange micro-verse. Some of them are morally gray at others might not be trustworthy.
It would be very hard to defeat Digimon V Tamer so... no.
Still here even if the site and the forum are kind of dead!
I always loved the ensemble casts. Maybe there's potential in a series featuring a clear leading character with others around him in supporting roles (I mean, moreso than we've already had with the goggle boys). But I like the group dynamic of these series and would have trouble letting it go.