Join our server on Discord

EMA....there the worst!!
EMA is the worst! And I'll tell you why.
Last year in October I signed up for EMA, I was suppose to get paied and I haven't since. I have been ringing them constantly and I still don't get paid. So today I had enough and this time everything changed!
I call up EMA and find out they haven't even got me on the system, I was shocked! I asked why and they had no idea. So know I now that I am still pissed off and always will be with EMA.

Has anyone had a problem like that before?
The OCA
Creative Minds
Sounds like it belongs in the rants section, but I'm no mod.
Well, what -IS- EMA?
Done. As you were. EMA = What?
In Wales, EMA means Student Finance where if your ever in College or School you can apply for it and get money from it if your parents don't earn enough to get your equipment or books you need for the course or courses you are doing.
The OCA
Creative Minds
EMA is Education Maintenance Allowance, it's a small token of money that the government gives to citizens that carry on their education past highschool and into Sixth forms, College etc. It's only available to students who live in a household where their parent's income is below a certain amount, supposedly given so that they can pay travel expenses and buy books, although everyone I know who is on EMA treat it as pocket money. I believe as part of the recession's budget cuts in the UK, EMA was one of the things hit hard. You're probably gonna have trouble getting the money from them.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
(04-03-2011 01:25 AM)Guilmon and a shotgun Wrote: EMA is Education Maintenance Allowance, it's a small token of money that the government gives to citizens that carry on their education past highschool and into Sixth forms, College etc. I believe as part of the recession's budget cuts in the UK, EMA was one of the things hit hard. You're probably gonna have trouble getting the money from them.

Yes, I have had trouble from them for a few months and now its sorted :)
The OCA
Creative Minds
Sounds to me like just another grants system. Honestly, no reason to get angry at them, they're doing their best to keep up with all the assholes who apply for it and don't need it.

(04-03-2011 01:25 AM)Guilmon and a shotgun Wrote: although everyone I know who is on EMA treat it as pocket money. You're probably gonna have trouble getting the money from them.
Hey, look who's right.
I was going to say the same, yeah, budget cuts in the UK educational aid system, and I expect aid in other countries will also be reduced quickly if it still exists.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against