Join our server on Discord

Soul Mates (Non-Hentai)
Heart 
I don't do fanfics often, but this is too good to pass up.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything regarding Digimon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Soul Mates

Setting: Aftermath of Chapter 26

Shoutmon sat by one of the many streams that went through the Shinobi Zone. The fight with Blastmon took a lot more out of him than he thought. His muscules ached something fierce. He could have Taiki download him into the Xros Loader or get Cutemon to heal him. However, his pride of being the future digimon king wouldn't allow either. Also, he is the corner stone of Team Xros Hearts, so he has to be strong enough to handle anything.

A shadow came up from behind him and enveloped him. Even without looking back, he could make out a pair of large ears.

"Cutemon." He said. "I thought I told you I don't need to be healed."

"Not Cutemon." A feminine voice rang out.

Shoutmon recognized that voice. He turned around and saw a familiar pink and blue bunny on a small hill. Her arms, body, collar, and forehead donned a crescent moon. She also has a double sash held together by a emblem with a sleeping crecent moon on it. "Oh, hi Lunamon."

"Hi, Shoutmon." She said, fidgeting as she came closer.

"How did you find me? No one knows I'm here."

"I could hear your heavy breathing. These ears can pick up anything." She smiled sitting down next to him. "Why are you out here all alone?"

"Just needed to clear my head. Trying to decide my next move. What about you? Why are you here?"

She looked down and fiddled with her fingers. "I...I...I want to thank you for saving me and the rest of us from Blastmon."

"There's no need for that. You thanked me enough as it is."

"No, you don't understand." She slowly moved closer to him. "I really want to thank you."

"Hey, like I said, there's no need. Your hapiness is all the reward--"

All of a sudden, Lunamon leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

"Oh, I can't believe I went through with that." She turned back and is holding her blushing face in her hands. "I mean, I couldn't do it in front of everyone, and I pictured it as many times coming here. I didn't think I would have the courage to pull it off, but now that I did it feels like a huge weight is lifted off of me. I feel I can tell you anything. Shoutmon, I think I'm falling in love with you." She turned back to him for his response.

However, she didn't expect what she saw. There is Shoutmon frozen in place like a statue. His mouth is wide open, and his eyes are bugged out.

"Shoutmon, are you okay?" She put her hand on his shoulder. "Come on, say something, anything" She shook him a little. "Come on, it was just an innocent kiss. I didn't want this to happen."

Shoutmon's still body fell backwards. Just then, he hit his head on a rock. "Ouch! That smarts!" He snapped out of it sitting up again. What happened? The last thing I remember is that you were thanking me and..." After a few seconds realization hits. "And you kissed me!"

Lunamon got on her knees and bowed. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done it. It was just an impulse."

He looked at her confused. "Why are you apologizing? There's no harm done." He rubbed the lump on the back of his head. "Not life threatening anyway."

She raised her head, a tear is welling up. "You mean you're not angry?"

"Why should I be? You just got me offgaurd, that's all." He felt his cheek. "Although I didn't think my first kiss would be like this. It threw my whole body into shock."

She gave a small smile. She is so relieved. "You know I meant every word I said."

"What are you talking about?"

"You mean you don't remember anything I said?"

"Nope. I remember you saying you really want to thank me. After that, my mind went black. That must have been some kiss."

Her face drooped. All of that heart felt confession thay she poured out. It was for nothing.

Her expression really touched Shoutmon. "Well, what did you say when I was in lala land?"

Lunamon looked deep into his eyes. "I think I'm--"

"Shoutmon!" Taiki voice boomed throughout the forest. "It's time to go!"

"Taiki." Shoutmon stood up.

"Shoutmon!" Zenjirou called out. "Olly olly oxen free!"

"Could you idiots yell any louder." Akari said. "I don't think they heard you in the Dust Zone."

What? You think that will work?" Zenjirou said. There's a small thud. "Ow!"

"Thanks, Nene."

"No problem."

At that moment, Lunamon grabbed his hand. "Please, Shoutmon. Let me say this before you go. Even when there's a chance we'll never meet again." She got up and took his other hand. "As I was saying, I think I'm falling in love with you."

This little tidbit surspised Shoutmon. He couldn't believe his ears.

"I know. I know. We just met, and it might be one-sided. However, I wanted to get it out in the open. I mean you're so strong, kind, generous, brave..."

"Don't forget handsome." He smiled as he regained his composure and striked a pose holding up his microphone.

Lunamon couldn't help but giggle. "And funny. It's all those qualities that I adore about you. However, like I said before, it's one-sided."

He kicked the ground a little. "I wouldn't say that."

"What?"

"When I gave you that DigiNoir, I guess I developed a small crush on you too. You're way cuter than Bastemon, not to mention a better conversationalist. All she does is sleep, eat, bat around the PawnChessmon, and go after Taiki."

Lunamon's eyes began to sparkle. "You think I'm cute? Oh, Shoutmon!" She wrapped her arms around him tightly.

At first he's surspised at her action, but quickly gets over it. He put his arms around her. She felt so warm. He closed his eyes. He didn't want this to end.

"Oh, don't they look so adorable together." A familair feminine voice said.

"They sure do." Another one said.

Shoutmon opened his eyes. Right on the same hill stood Akari and Nene. They are both smiling ear to ear.

For the first time since he joined Team Xros Hearts, Shoutmon didn't know what to do now. He just stood there with his hands up. "This isn't what it looks like." He squeeked out.

Lunamon is equally embarrassed. Her face turned as red as Shoutmon's. She wanted to run, but her feet wouldn't work. She just held on to him tighter.

"Akari, Nene! Have you found Shoutmon yet?" Taiki said in the distance.

"Not yet." Akari answered back with her head turned. She looked back at Shoutmon and Lunamon. "We'll give you lovebirds a couple more minutes." She then gave them a wink. "Come on, Nene."

"Wait a second." With that, Nene held up her X-Loader and pushed a button. There is a small flash.

All three stared at Nene wondering what happened.

"What? The Xros Loader has a separate camera feature. Didn't you know that?" She said. "Don't worry. I won't share this with anyone else. It just seemed too good a scene to pass up."

"Okay, okay." Akari said, pushing Nene back. "Now that you've had your fun, let's give them some privacy." They disappeared from view.

Shoutmon and Lunamon looked at the now empty space and then at each other. Both are preplexed on what has transpired.

Shoutmon took a deep breath. "That was too weird."

"You think we can trust them?" Lunamon said.

"Them? Abolutely. At least it wasn't Zenjirou. He would have blown this way out of proportion. Don't know how Taiki would react though."

"Shoutmon, I'm wondering. When you do come back, how about you and I go on a date."

"Sure, whereever you want."

"And..."

"And what?"

She swallowed hard. "When you become king, would you allow me to be your queen?"

He looked deep into her eyes. "It would be a honor for you to be by my side."

There are now tears in her eyes. She leaned in and kissed him on the lips.

At first, Shoutmon is shocked by this. However, he calmed down and returned the kiss, his arms back around her. This lasted for about a minute, but it felt like a lifetime.

When they parted, Shoutmon gave a short sigh. "It's time for me to go."

"Okay." She let him go. "I'll be waiting."

With that, Shoutmon left. He went up the hill and disappeared from sight. On the other end stood Akari and Nene.

"Ready?" Akari asked.

"Yeah." He whispered.

Nene patted him on the shoulder. "You're really lucky. Not everyone can can find their soulmate."

He gave a quizzical look. "Soulmate? What's that?"

"It's the person you're destined to be with." Akari said.

"Oh, you mean like you and Taiki, and Nene and Zenjirou?"

Akari and Nene both blushed crimson. They looked at each other and back to Shoutmon.

"Shoutmon, that's not exactly what..." Nene started

"Taiki, we found him!" Akari said, interrupting her.

Minutes later, Taiki shows up. "Hey, Shoutmon, where did you go off to? We're all ready to go."

Shoutmon thought quickly. "I just wanted to take a walk alone. Nothing wrong about that. Now let's go kick some Bagramon Army ass."

"Yeah, now you''re talking! Onward to the next zone!" Taiki took the lead.

Shoutmon soon followed. "Lunamon, my soul mate? The one I'm destined with? I guess they're right. I have found mine."

Meanwhile back at the stream, Lunamon is on her back. Her hands hands are over her heart and eyes shut.

"Hurry back, my love, my soul mate." She whispered.

The End.
[Image: Wolves-183.jpg]