Join our server on Discord

Ahhh, I haven't ranted in years...
(02-23-2011 02:32 PM)UnknownH Wrote: They shouldn't be drinking anyway. They're not 21.

I agree to a point. I mean I can understand that teens do what teens do. I drank with friend when I was 17. The difference was that all of our parents knew, we had parents around to supervise us, and they took our keys so we couldn't drive. Also, we were pretty relaxed party people. We got a bit goofy but nothing major. My girlfriend's mom just says "Yeah you can have a drinking party" and she leaves. She spends the weekend with her boyfriend (the best part is her boyfriend is actually a year or two younger than me, and only a year or two older than my girlfriend) and leaves these kids to do whatever. They are loud, and one time I had to break up a fight, and I know that has happened more than once. And then there is the driving...

It comes down to the fact that these kids drink WAY too much, it is known by parents that they drink too much, and no one does shit. I've even considered calling the cops a couple times but they have so many tickets it clearly makes no difference to them or their parents.

(02-23-2011 02:48 PM)Psycho Backlasher Wrote: Aw gee, that sounds like a terrible case of favoritism. I hope it all works out for the both of you, Reclaimer! Maybe eventually you can both save up enough and she can go back to school!

The issue is that the mom is too worried about being friends with the boys than being their mom. My girlfriend also gets along very well with her Dad (their parents are divorced) and I think her mom resents that she gets along better with the Dad than the mom. Her Dad is cool and his girlfriend is awesome, and we all agree she is much better than the mom.

And yeah, the goal for me is to land a full time job instead of the two part timers I have now, to lock down some good money so I can say "quit your full time job, get a part timer, go back to school full time."

Until then, we both have jobs that will get us by fairly well, but we need the jobs to do it, and there is no room for her to leave her current position since it brings in some decent money.

It will all work out in the end though I'm sure!

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ahhh, I haven't ranted in years... - by The Reclaimer - 02-24-2011, 08:13 AM