Join our server on Discord

Ahhh, I haven't ranted in years...
Alright, here we go.

So my girlfriend and I have had plans to move in together for a while. We have been waiting because she is in school and wants to focus her money there. No problem. I've been slowly saving, and had the idea we would move out by summer or so. She lives with her mom and two brothers. He brothers are both underage and constantly have drinking parties. The mom is okay with this, even though both kids drive drunk, and have either ruined a car or been pulled over while driving drunk. So the Mom tells my girl, don't be home saturday, I'm letting the boys have a party. My girlfriend asks why she gets kicked out so they can party. Well her mom goes crazy. Rants and raves about how she does everything for my girlfriend (my girlfriend pays for her own car payments, cell phone, insurance, etc. Everything but rent. Her brother who is 19 pays for nothing, has no job, owes the mom over $3000 and has also ruined several cars). So my girlfriend is apparently the lazy, bad one. In the end, the mom wants the loser brothers around and decides to kick my girlfriend out.

I'm shopping at Toys'R'Us for some Halo Mega Bloks when I get the text saying she has until April 1st to move out. She asks when I'm moving out. Well I shelf $70 worth of Mega Bloks and tell her I'll move out with her. We've apartment hunted and got a place, but damn, her bitch mom rushed us. I'm at least two months too soon money wise even though I have enough to get started. I just resent her bitch mom so much for rushing my stuff, and then ruining my girl's school because now she can't stop working to go back to school fulltime. It's a bunch of bullshit. On top of it we found out our dog has heartworm so that's a $1200 fix as well. I'm sure it will be better once we are moved but right now it's a bit stress...and I don't even have room for any Halo Mega Bloks, I had to box them all! At least we finally found a shower curtain we want.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Wow...that sucks dude...hope things get better!mrgreen
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Yeah. That sucks. I know someone who has a bad mom like that too.
But, at least you two are away from them.
Yeah, we will be soon enough. I'm looking forward to not having to deal with all their bullshit. Though it sounds like her Dad is taking the youngest son to live with him. The kid just got his third drinking ticket and is only 17 so the dad is gonna give him some structure and a home that actually has a parent in it. Hopefully that will be good for him.

They shouldn't be drinking anyway. They're not 21.
Aw gee, that sounds like a terrible case of favoritism. I hope it all works out for the both of you, Reclaimer! Maybe eventually you can both save up enough and she can go back to school! I really wanna move in with someone I love too, but we both have to wait until we're both financially stable. Best of luck to you both. X3 And tell your girlfriend that the forum creepazoid says hi! :3
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
(02-23-2011 02:32 PM)UnknownH Wrote: They shouldn't be drinking anyway. They're not 21.

I agree to a point. I mean I can understand that teens do what teens do. I drank with friend when I was 17. The difference was that all of our parents knew, we had parents around to supervise us, and they took our keys so we couldn't drive. Also, we were pretty relaxed party people. We got a bit goofy but nothing major. My girlfriend's mom just says "Yeah you can have a drinking party" and she leaves. She spends the weekend with her boyfriend (the best part is her boyfriend is actually a year or two younger than me, and only a year or two older than my girlfriend) and leaves these kids to do whatever. They are loud, and one time I had to break up a fight, and I know that has happened more than once. And then there is the driving...

It comes down to the fact that these kids drink WAY too much, it is known by parents that they drink too much, and no one does shit. I've even considered calling the cops a couple times but they have so many tickets it clearly makes no difference to them or their parents.

(02-23-2011 02:48 PM)Psycho Backlasher Wrote: Aw gee, that sounds like a terrible case of favoritism. I hope it all works out for the both of you, Reclaimer! Maybe eventually you can both save up enough and she can go back to school!

The issue is that the mom is too worried about being friends with the boys than being their mom. My girlfriend also gets along very well with her Dad (their parents are divorced) and I think her mom resents that she gets along better with the Dad than the mom. Her Dad is cool and his girlfriend is awesome, and we all agree she is much better than the mom.

And yeah, the goal for me is to land a full time job instead of the two part timers I have now, to lock down some good money so I can say "quit your full time job, get a part timer, go back to school full time."

Until then, we both have jobs that will get us by fairly well, but we need the jobs to do it, and there is no room for her to leave her current position since it brings in some decent money.

It will all work out in the end though I'm sure!

Her mom sounds like a terrible parent. I'm guessing her father is long gone? If you want to save some money, why not just let the worms have your dog? You'll save on dog food and future treatment too. Dog's just going to die anyway.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
... So am I, so are you, so is him, so the mom, so is the kids, so is his girlfriend, so is everyone/thing; therefore, mutual pointlessness obtained, next idea!
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Wise never pulls punches. And isn't an animal person I'm guessing.