Join our server on Discord

Warring Parrellels
Kail groaned as the monkey tightened his grip, his eyes going wide as the other human started laughing hysterically. Despite the fact that it was the Other who had taken him captive, he seemed more afraid of Drake than any of them. They were just different, Drake was obviously nuts.
Goro gave Drake a disdainful look, but refrained from doing anything. He was well aware of a Psychic's abilities, and their prowess with minds. He however, hated getting a mental probe, or what Haxx called a 'data scan'. It was like someone had walked deep into his mind without his permission, passing rows and rows of information, each row representing a year of his life, all the way to his childhood. He was angry, and felt somewhat violated, as he had had no say against sharing all his personal experiences, good and bad, all his secrets, to the mentalist. He only hoped his mind was a little too much for the human to handle. Maybe he had only glimpsed the things he did on instinct, like draw a sword, calculate and make a swing, the thousands of moves he could perform- things that weren't personal that he valued more.

"I did not name my swords." The raptor replied simply, keeping himself calm. Zen. If he focused on a different aspect of this conversation, the obvious wouldn't be too bad. "A sword is born with no name. They do not receive their names from their masters, or their makers, but from the ones they cut." He explained, patting the hilt of Wargod Stylus lightly. "I carve their reputation on flesh or stone, and my victims or onlookers give them names. It's as simple as that."

"HOW DID YOU KNOW MY NAME!?" Frisk clutched his ears, his eyes bugged out. "It's like you're psychic!"

"-He is." Goro stated.

"Oh yeah! Forgot... silly me!" The little toon stuck his tongue out at himself and grinned apologetically.

Haxx returned just in time to catch Drake's laughing fit. "Uh... what'd I miss?" He blinked, then snorted and tossed a pile of books in front of Kail. His camouflage pants had been burned off in the flames, so he was once again naked, and comfortable. "These were all I could find. Were these what you were looking for, human?" He asked, crouching down and picking one of the dusty books up, flipping through the pages. "Gibberish. I wonder how much they're worth?" He scratched his chin.

Goro pointed at Frisk, then at the sacks.

Frisk had his arm around Drake's neck and was laughing along with him. He didn't know what was so funny, but it was contagious!

"FRISK!!" Haxx snarled, startling the coyote before he was picked up by the scruff of his neck and shaken violently, his eyes becoming dizzy spirals. "Five minutes. WE LEAVE FOR FIVE MINUTES. They were UNCONSCIOUS. Losing them is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE."

"I'm one Diz E Coyote..." Frisk groaned, swaying a little. This only caused Haxx to tuck his hands under Frisk's arms and shake him some more. "Alright alright alright!" The coyote wailed, and the shaking stopped. "Well... when you guys left, I got bored, and the humans were in a naughty position, so I moved them, then I cleaned them up, and put them in dresses, and we had a tea party- and one thing lead to another and..."

The coyote went on and on for about five minutes, touching on all the ridiculous things couldn't have possibly happened while they were away.

"-And that is why girls can't put mascara on with their mouths closed." Frisk ended his explanation on a cheery note. Goro and Haxx looked at him with blank expressions. "...And they lived happily ever after?"

"Oh..." Haxx nodded his head understandingly. "If they all lived happily ever after, then it's oka- LIKE HELL IT IS!!" The digital creature pinned the coyote down on the ground and meant to just punch him repeatedly, but a dust cloud rose up and the air was filled with cartoonish sounds of violence. Including bonk, bam, bamf, wham, whomp, klonk, kablam, and many other animated texts.

"This is my fault." Goro told Kole. "Had I returned sooner, this probably would not have happened. We're down to two humans. Perhaps we should cut our losses and leave before we lose both of them and gain a potted plant or something."
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Kole watched Haxx wearily as he flipped through the books,"Well it is written in... human... you know... I should really learn how to read that..." He bent down and picked up a book curiously with his free hand. "Human writting is so backwards though..." he added sniffing at the book curiously, his tail curling a bit.

Drake finally recovered from his laughing fit and held his head, breathing heavily. "Remind me never to read a toon's mind again," he told no one in particular. He didn't even notice when Frisk was around his neck, that's how overwhelming the giddy feeling of being a toon was to a human. He recovered just when the... rather odd fight between the digimon and toon took place. "Well... that is just..." He shook his head and looked away from the fight and towards Goro and Kole. How much did he miss? It couldn't have been much....

Kole tilted his head to the side as Goro began talking to him. He dropped the book with a thud back onto the concrete. "Yes... I agree..." he set Kail onto his feet, his arms wrapped firmly over the human's shoulders, making sure he couldn't escape. "We should go now... We'll come back tomorrow to see if we can salvage the situation..."
The world is one twisted fucked up place, bring a hard hat and an open mind when you leave the safety of your house.

[Image: sigya.png]
"Those are mine.." Kail said, surprisingly calm given the situation. He still did not put up any kind of strugle, other than to place his hands on the monkey's shoulder in an attempt to take some of his weight off of his belly. "Could you.. put me down now? I know I can't get away from you.. So I'll come along peacefully."
"I vote we leave the coyote behind next time." Haxx growled, back on his feet, waving the fight dust away and coughing. He picked up Kail's books and processed them into data, stashing them away on the device he had mounted on his wrist. "Well, since you're a good boy, I'll bring your little precious story books with you so you won't bother any of us when we get back."

"Leaving him on his own?" Goro held Haxx back. "Without any supervision? Don't you remember what happened last time? And the time before that? And the time before that?"

The blue dragon raised a brow as he thought back. A shiver ran down his spine and he nodded vigorously. "Okay- we just keep an eye on him... no biggy..."

"Wee! I'm helping!" Frisk said cheerily, holding onto both Kail and Drake's wrists, though they could very easily pick him up.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Kail nodded, holding back a slight smile by sheer force of will. They're only stories if you don't know their secret. Better play along though.. he told himself. "Of course, sir..." he said softly, adopting a more submissive pose as the toon grabbed his arm.
((I apologize, my internet spazzed and I was completely cut of for the past couple days, it just came back on after nagging the internet company for a few hours. I'm still pissed about it))

- - - - - - - -

Kole frowned. "I dont know about those books Haxx..." he spoke up as the group began walking. "I mean... words can be powerful things..." no he was just sounding paranoid, his tail twitched nervously behind him. Then he began babbling, about how in a story he once read about someone being able to level mountains with only words, or someone else able to teleport, among other fantasy stories involving spells and magicks.

Drake looked from the corner of his eyes at the toon holding his wrist. Physical contact. How he hated it, he could feel his skin crawling as he walked. So instead he faced forward and glared straight ahead. It wasn't so bad if someone touched his clothes, but his skin! When something touche dhis skin or hair it irritated him, and he always had the instinct to scratch at the area as if something was left behind on his skin. No, he wasn't scared of germs, so what was it that irritated him so much?

Drake soon stopped dead in his tracks, forcing Frisk and Kail to also, since they were connected by the arms after all. His gaze turned skywards, two hawks were flying above in the sky. An odd thing to see really. A large grin plastered across his face as he began walking again, his gaze focused straight ahead of him again. A small series of chuckling left his lips. "Ah, it is a beautiful day out today isn't it?" he asked out loud. "For autumn that is..."

Kole had taken off his shoes when they entered the forest to revel that he had four main toes, a five one on the side moved independently, much like an opposible thumb. "Ah, much better, I hate these stupid shoes," he muttered waving the shoes around in one of his hands,"they make my feet cramp up, I only wore them because of the darn broken glass in town," he said to himself as he picked shards of glass from the rubber soles before scrambling up the trunk of a tree and began to travel along the treetops as the rest of the group walked on foot. Acting as something similar to a look out, his body designed to scout and travel through the trees. Another frown crossed his lips as he glanced down at Drake, who had just asked about the weather. He chose not to answer however, to off put by the question, given the circumstances.
The world is one twisted fucked up place, bring a hard hat and an open mind when you leave the safety of your house.

Haxx only nodded at their primate companion. Words were powerful to digital creatures too, in fact, their very programming consisted of countless of words. His physical body itself was made of digital words that have manifested itself as solid data. He wasn't about to laugh off the 'power of words' because different cultures used them in different ways. This 'magic' phenomenon was very similar to the way digital creatures such us himself could be fireproof, or shoot balls of fire from their fists. It was a hell of a lot simpler to just say it was all magic rather than explain the overly complicated process of how digital beings came to be or functioned.

The toon had been pulled back, landing dully on his rump when Drake had stopped, letting go of their wrists in the process. "Ooh-" He grunted, ending up on his back. He opened his eyes and looked up at the sky and the hawks too. "Well the weather forecast promises sun, sun, clouds and more sun for the rest of the day!" The toon got up and produced board with numerous charts and weather maps on it with lots of smiling suns all over, now wearing (having changed instantly it seems, as he was not seen putting anything on) a suit and tie, but lacking pants as he pointed all over the map with a metal pointer. "Today is a grrrreat day!" He declared, raising his arms. As if on cue, the quiet sound of thunder rumbled in the distance, just to spite him.

"The weather is nice." Goro agreed, walking behind the two humans. He didn't say anything else, choosing to keep his eyes on their captives and their toon companion, who was singing their 'theme song' over and over again and marching ahead. Aside from that, he quite enjoyed the trek, his bare, clawed feet crunching on the leaves underfoot, the fresh air, even though this wasn't his world, he felt right at home in their nature.

Haxx was already bored with the walk in the woods, not liking nature at all. He was used to the high tech cities and networks inside cyberspace where the rest of his kind lived. "Any of you guys injured?" He asked the group, the humans included. He was the designated medic after all, well, secondary medic- Frisk E Coyote, being a 'Doctor', was their primary one. He still saw himself as the more probable medic with his technology, and the humans would be worth a lot more in prime condition.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
"N-no... I don't think so anyway.." Kail replied, caught off guard by the Other's concern, even if it was simply because an injured slave isn't worth much compared to a healthy one. As thunder boomed though the air, Kail instinctively dropped to the ground, covering his head with his arms, no doubt looking ridiculous, but given that his camp had been attacked, his fear was understandable.
Drake looked back at Kail as he fell to the ground, a smirk playing upon his lips,"It was toon lightning Kail, completely harmless." He said softly before looking over at Haxx as he spoke. "No~!" Drake called out in a sing song voice, suddenly cheerful all of the sudden. "And even if I did have a glass shard in my heel and it began to cause infection to the point amputation was the only option I wouldn't tell you, means I'm worth less, well besides the whole mind powers thing," at the last part of his speech Drake waved his hands in front of him and squinted, before laughing again. "Hmm, Frisk is a doctor?" he asked suddenly, picking up on Haxx's thoughts, he couldn't help it, it happened automatically many times when he was in a positive mood. Right now, he couldn't get much happier, considering those hawks were.. "I find that hard to believe, a doctor to toons maybe, but toon physics don't really apply to regular people."

Kole's gaze flickered down at the small group. Again choosing not to say anything.

"Why do you capture humans anyway?" he spoke again out loud, although, judging by the smirk on his lips he already knew as he walked backwards, his hands resting on the back of his neck.

"Slave labor..." Kole replied quietly,"You are going to be sold as slaves, ether as servants, or heavy labor.... depending on your certain skills and physical attributes. We get paid by the human..." he traveled along one tree branch before leaping into another, looking down again. "Humans do the same thing to us... but don't worry, as a whole we treat our humans well..."

"Sure you do monkey boy, what about that one human? What was his name...?" Drake trailed the question off waving his hand through the air. "Anthony...? Wasn't it your father who whipped him to death? And then he had you-"

"Shut up!" The screech echoed through the forest, and several flocks of birds cawed and fled into the air. Kole was breathing heavily, his hand gripped firmly around a branch and the rest of his body leaned forward, as if he was ready to pounce on the human. "Never. Speak of that again," his voice was full of acid, obviously Drake had hit a touchy subject for Kole.

Drake even seemed surprised by the reaction, his eyes wide and mouth slightly agape as the primate climbed high into the trees until his body vanished amongst the leaves. "...." Drake's previously smiling face fell and he turned around, walking forward again. A strange sense of guilt flowing from him, although it was hard to tell.