Join our server on Discord

My PC...
It's making some sort of odd noise that up till now I've never heard. I can only surmise it's the fan that's spinning either too fast or too hard... but I dunno, it sounds like an engine quiet engine right now but before I wouldn't be able to hear it at all so I'm wary of what's wrong with it.

Tips or help?

Note: I've asked around and it seems like I need to use a "compressed-air thingie" to spray on the fan blades in case it's dusty. Should I?
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Yes, and it might be loose. On top of that, you may have a dying cpu, or a ineffective power supply. The power supply is less likely, since it started happening. So, probably loose or dusty. Make sure not to spray the other stuff on your computer :3
if you mess up spraying the inside you might kill it. And don't spray yourself, it's a skin irritant that...well...irritates it.

TL;DR Yeah, spray the fan with compressed air. Don't spray yourself, it's a hilarious sort of pain, and don't open the computer to doit unless you know what you're doing.
Go to wal-mart and buy "CleanSafe" Dust Remover (it's in electronics), it's a moisture free cleaner (Says moisture free under dust remover). I regularly clean my systems with this, inside & out.

Also I've noticed it is common practice to spray directly into the vent from the back of the computer, however it seems to me that doing so just throws dust even deeper into the machine which is a bit dangerous. when too much dust collects on the motherboard, RAM, etc... it shortens the life of the computer & can even damage some more sensitive components (over time).

If you do try this, I'd shut the computer down, pop it open, & spray into the fan vent from inside. just remember to keep the end of the spray nozzle (or straw thingy it comes with) outside of the computers case if you are spraying any circuitry. It may be moisture free, but if it's an inch away from a surface it does seem to leave a bit of moisture, if only for a second.

If it still makes the noise, try tightening whatever is holding the fan on.
[Image: DcSnowsBanner.jpg]
   ♦▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲♦
  ▐ Check me out on FurAffinity
   ♦▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼♦
Sounds like what I was gonna do from the start. I feel more confident about doing the compressed-air thing...

Still, Walmart doesn't exist in Argentina as far as I'm aware. And if it does, it's probably out of Buenos Aires, no resources (Or even the want) to go that far for a single product, lol.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad