Join our server on Discord

Marvel vs Capcom 3
Why there isn't already a topic for it, I don't know.

I'm glad that even more characters (Zero. UGH.) are being added to the series, but there's other stuff that DESPERATELY needs focusing on in the series.

1. This is THE most important one. CAPCOM... MAKE YOUR CHARACTERS SPEAK FREAKING ENGLISH! Since the freaking 90's, every one of the Darkstalkers characters has spoken in Japanese without an option to change to English voice. Just ONCE I'd like to play a game with Darkstalkers characters in it where they speak English. PLEASE? It's the most basic of convenience. You can do it with the Street Fighter series, why not Darkstalkers too?

2. I've played MvC2. I haven't beaten it ONCE. Easy difficulty was the equivalent of what I'd expect if I was playing on the HIGHEST difficulty setting. Come on, really? Make Easy difficulty ACTUALLY EASY!

3. Give the characters more moves. PLEASE. Virtua Fighter characters now have at least 200 different moves each that they can do. Not one Capcom character even has 20.
Virtual Fighter is a serious fighter. No fireballs or anything like that. (I'm very sure.) And you know what I want? For it to be put on the Wii.
Stop being so darn lazy. You can make it work on there.

But otherwise, should be a great game.
Well there is an unrealistic move, I'm sure... Wolf's throw called Giant Swing, if anyone's seen it.

But back to the topic... Does anyone know of a place where we could sumbit these concerns to Capcom? Let my voice be heard? After all... I long to hear Felicia in an English voice for a change. Watching the Japanese-made series in English dub mode only goes so far... since it's four very long episodes.
Quote:1. This is THE most important one. CAPCOM... MAKE YOUR CHARACTERS SPEAK FREAKING ENGLISH! Since the freaking 90's, every one of the Darkstalkers characters has spoken in Japanese without an option to change to English voice. Just ONCE I'd like to play a game with Darkstalkers characters in it where they speak English. PLEASE? It's the most basic of convenience. You can do it with the Street Fighter series, why not Darkstalkers too?

When it comes to dubbing in new games, Capcom just isn't quite cut for it anymore. Their English voice actors are more-often-than-not horrible (Just ask Geo Stellar from MegaMan Star Force 3 <_<) and I swear it'd be a lot better if they stuck to the passion their original VAs give to their acting.

Quote:2. I've played MvC2. I haven't beaten it ONCE. Easy difficulty was the equivalent of what I'd expect if I was playing on the HIGHEST difficulty setting. Come on, really? Make Easy difficulty ACTUALLY EASY!

I was insanely disappointed by MvC2's Abyss. Was beaten twice by his third form before I could actually beat him in Normal. The game lacked story and thus replay value. Abyss was not in any shape or form difficult. Learn to block and jump away to reduce possible damage. If the AI is kicking your ass in Easy Mode, however... Eh. Better not make any out-of-place comments :P

Quote:3. Give the characters more moves. PLEASE. Virtua Fighter characters now have at least 200 different moves each that they can do. Not one Capcom character even has 20.

Yes, indeed. Or different combos that don't require you to constantly be juggling your opponent. That's awesome when seen, but irritatingly annoying to pull off. I want Venom to be even more agile. His speed already suffers thanks to his bulk, why don't they already add super-speed combos other than his shadow spam. Geez.

I'm happy that it'll have Chris Redfield, Dante annd Deadpool. They'd easily be my characters of choice for the whole game. Sadly, I think I'm gonna purchase a Wii this year, doubt I want to get a PS3 with the price they got down here.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Good ol' AR? Yeah. You'd be getting screwed hard with that price. I've done enough translations from ARD to USD.

And I beat the big blue A in SF VS X-men and SF VS MSH. I also beat Cyber-Akuma. (not sure why he needed those) I beat that a-hole Onslaught. And I beat that giant ass Abyss. Plus, that big ball of cheap known as Yami in TVSC.

So who ever the boss in this one, give me enough time and I can beat his ass just as much.

Can't wait to see who else is in it.

Ok, Best character, Worst character, Oddest addition for a character.
Who do you think?
Another board pegs X-23 (Wolverine's Girl clone/Daughter) as worst then Modok as weirdest. But that may be old data.
I'm not fully aware of the entire cast, but in contrast to Jill's ugliness in MvC2, Chris seems to have splendid moves from what I've seen so far.

Deadpool is just as I envisioned him. Badass and random, lol. Just look at (And listen to) his gun Hyper Combo.

Dante probably will be as badass as I'm thinking, I hope he gets a Devil Trigger Hyper Combo for good justice.

I dunno, too ensnared by awesomeness to be distracted into looking for a character cast in order to judge who's the worst addition... Help? :D

Also, Unknown, what gave you the idea our currency is dollars? I'm assuming by AR you mean Argentina and the D tacked at the end (in contrast to the D tacked at the end of US) stands for dollars. We use Pesos o:
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
The reason why I keep getting killed is because on my TV monitor, it's a bit hard to read and understand what the symbols on the move list mean. So for Felicia, I have to open the manual from another game to review her move list. ...Which, I swear, NEEDS to be longer. Much longer. And for some characters where you have to make a Z motion and then press a button... the D-Pad just doesn't work like that. And blocking only does so much, because in some of Capcom's games, you take a bit of damage anyway. Pulling off combos for me requires insane ingenuity that I don't have, but is easier to do in nearly every other fighter game series, including but not limited to Virtua Fighter, Tekken, and SoulCalibur.

Capcom... join the 21st century already. How hard can it be to re-hire Janyse Jaud (from the animated series) to voice as Felicia again in this? It's not that freaking hard to find a good English dub voice actress.

Best character: Felicia. Hands down.
Worst: X-23
Wierdest: ...That tentacle guy. :P
Which animated series? If it's the American one then you can leave now.
And
Who? Picture please.

(12-16-2010 02:28 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: I'm not fully aware of the entire cast, but in contrast to Jill's ugliness in MvC2, Chris seems to have splendid moves from what I've seen so far.

Deadpool is just as I envisioned him. Badass and random, lol. Just look at (And listen to) his gun Hyper Combo.

Dante probably will be as badass as I'm thinking, I hope he gets a Devil Trigger Hyper Combo for good justice.

I dunno, too ensnared by awesomeness to be distracted into looking for a character cast in order to judge who's the worst addition... Help? :D

Also, Unknown, what gave you the idea our currency is dollars? I'm assuming by AR you mean Argentina and the D tacked at the end (in contrast to the D tacked at the end of US) stands for dollars. We use Pesos o:

First, Great! Justice. Not good, Great Justice!
And I thought it was ARS. Darn.
A game where Okami Amaterasu teams up with Frank West and fights Deadpool to the "death"?! There's no way I'm missing out on this.

As for voice acting, it looks like they're putting a lot more money behind this one. Can't say there won't be a dud in the cast, but I imagine they hire some decent voice actors this time.

(12-16-2010 02:29 AM)Nick the Catman Wrote: The reason why I keep getting killed is because on my TV monitor, it's a bit hard to read and understand what the symbols on the move list mean. So for Felicia, I have to open the manual from another game to review her move list. ...Which, I swear, NEEDS to be longer. Much longer. And for some characters where you have to make a Z motion and then press a button... the D-Pad just doesn't work like that. And blocking only does so much, because in some of Capcom's games, you take a bit of damage anyway. Pulling off combos for me requires insane ingenuity that I don't have, but is easier to do in nearly every other fighter game series, including but not limited to Virtua Fighter, Tekken, and SoulCalibur.

Capcom... join the 21st century already. How hard can it be to re-hire Janyse Jaud (from the animated series) to voice as Felicia again in this? It's not that freaking hard to find a good English dub voice actress.

Best character: Felicia. Hands down.
Worst: X-23
Wierdest: ...That tentacle guy. :P

Capcom loves making those without HD TVs suffer. They've been doing small text in games since Dead Rising.

And yeah, I suck at remembering combos too, but I think they're having a Pick Up and Play Mode where you get a few of characters' moves mapped like Super Smash Bros. moves.

Heh, X-23 is just Wolverine publicity, nothing new from Marvel. Just kick her ass if she shows up, the roster looks huge, plus they'll probably DLC extra characters when fans whine about someone being left out.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Quote:Which animated series? If it's the American one then you can leave now.And Who? Picture please.

Of course not the American one! xD The Japanese-made series, all the way.

And... if I don't know the guy's name, I can hardly provide you with a picture, can I? You can't Google that which you don't have a name for. :P There's only one guy on the entire MvC roster who's made almost entirely of tentacles.

EDIT: Found him. I had to scan the whole thing and found it. His name's Shuma Gorath. I was too lazy to look it up before. x3