Join our server on Discord

DrakeZero/DMX RP (Dead Space)
"Alright, lead the way. I'll cover your back." he spoke as the two made there way down the halls. Drake keeping his light on the hallways as the overhead lights flickered. As the two continued on they could see more blood on the walls, as through they were getting closer to the scene of it all.

"Hey, Michael don't you have an open com channel for your brother?" he asked figuring the siblings would have arranged that when they were stationed here.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
"We do, but it's not useable while the intranetwork is shut down," Michael explained, "In fact, no communications should be able to be used in this environment with the current conditions. Our RIGs are all synched with the colony's intranetwork, remember? Unless I'm in the same area as he is, then I won't be able to contact him... at least not from outside," he finished.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"Shame, if he's alive he might have been able to give us a heads up on the situation." Drake approached the door and as it opened he peeked inside the Med ward reception.

As he took a step he heard the sound of sobbing mixed with laughter behind the desk. A survivor? He nodded to Michael making sure his partner got ready as they two neared the desk.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Michael prepared the cutter in his hands, holding it up like a handgun to make sure he'd be ready to shoot. He walked beside Drake, waiting for him to make the first movement as he tried to keep cool even though he had to admit that kind of moaning was starting to disturb him greatly.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Drake moved to the side of the desk and saw a woman hovering over a corpse. The woman looked up at him, her face and clothes covered in blood, but it didn't appear to be her's.

"Oh look honey. We have company."

"Mam you alright?" Drake asked as he watched her eyes which seemed distant.

"Oh don't ma'am me. I'm Janet." she smiled and chuckled a little. "This is a boyfriend Howard. Say hi Howard." she nudged the dismembered corpse.
"Oh I'm sorry, Howard is a little shy sometimes."

Drake eyed Michael before going down on one knee to be eye level with Janet.
"I'm Drake and this is Michael. We are from the mining corp down the ways from here. Can you tell me what happened?"

Janet smiled again, "Happened? Whatever do you mean? Me and Howard were just going to enjoy a turkey. I cooked all day for it and it smells so nice. My Howard loves his turkey."

Drake sighed, this woman wasn't in the right mindset. "Ma'am I mean Janet. You have to snap out of it. You have to tell me, what happened here?"
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Michael shook his head, waving a finger in circular motions beside his temple to silently tell Drake the woman had a screw loose.

Relaxing as it seemed to be safe, Michael was ready to leave it to Drake to 'interrogate' but it was then that he noticed an undamaged console installed on a corner turning to the exit hall, "Hey, this an uplink comm array... Maybe I can fix Research & Development from here..." he said, not saying anything and holstering his gun, walking over to the console and then was successful in operating it. Michael's attention spared away from Drake and the mad woman as his fingers seemed to fly on the holo-keyboards.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Janet continued to smile and brush her red hair to the side. "Good sir, if your hungry I can set a few plates for you and your friend. And be honest with my cooking."

"Listen!" Drake yelled grabbing Janet by the shoulders. "Howard is dead, you are not in a house. You're in a colony lab. Now tell me what is going on."

Janet's smile soon faded forming into a distressed sign of fear. "They want out bodies." she said with dried. "They want us....." she shook from Drake and pulled out a small laser scalpel from her pouch.

"My body......no....not my body...." she whispered with tears running down her face.
"No!" Drake shouted as he reached for her, but it was too late as he heard the buzzing sound of the laser cut her throat open and she tumbled to the ground. The sound of her last gurgling breath sounded as she laid there.

'Damm it! Michael, tell you have something on this hell hole!" he growled with anger. His fist clenched.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Michael was absorbed into the information flowing on the windows, hacking the software for particularized commands and browsing data folders to rewrite key information. Who would mind in this situation? A click was heard and Michael let out a relaxed gasp, his hands falling onto the sides of the console, "It was tough," he began, "But the colony's intranet is fixed. The exceptions are the Green House and Quarentine Bay, we have to find the consoles there to uplink them again," he said, trying not to turn around after hearing Drake shout; one way or another he knew something unpleasant had happened.

"I'm scared, Drake," Michael finally said, looking shaky, "What if... if Jeremy's..."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
He didn't allow Michael to finish his sentence as he placed a hand on his shoulder. "Found anything we can use to navigate?" he said. His gaze watching the data stream over the screen. He didn't have siblings himself so it was hard for him to understand the pain Michael was going through, but still he wanted the young engineer to focus on the task. Worrying about something they had no glue about wasn't going to help them.

He placed a finger on one set of numbers that caught his eye. "This might be good. The security cam seem to still have power." He noted seeing the security network was still carrying voltage through the system. Not enough to fully turn it on, but if they could get more power.. "Can you reroute it so we could use them? It'll give us an edge on where the bulk of these creatures are or maybe even see where your brother is."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
"Y-yes, yes I can..." Michael stuttered, but surely regained his composure as he felt a reassuring hand at his shoulder. That's all he really needed. Things were going to turn out fine, everything was going to be alright...

He continued typing commands on the holo-keyboard of the console, soon finding the electric board circuit override protocol. With a few more hurried commands that he had to administer in time, as otherwise the defensive system protocols would kick him out of the system, Michael was finally able to carry out Drake's commands. He felt like rubbing an arm over his brow to wipe sweat off but he was reminded of his helmet. Michael stepped aside and let Drake take a look, "There's the footage, but the security system will reset the protocols in about 30 minutes. This security is too tough for me, Drake..." he explained, nodding to the screen as he tried looking for anything suspicious, "You can rewind or fast-forward any recordings as long as I have access to the system. If there's anything you'd like to check in the R&D Facility, now's our chance."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad