Join our server on Discord

DaD - Now what?
Okay, I just sent $7.50 to the fund. Now everybody follow my example and donate what you can.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
If you ened help installing a forum just ask. I've had lots of practice.

never installed a vB but it can't be that different to IPB, and i've had lots of experance moddifing forums as well.
Well, I did check out Invision Power Boards at work today during my free time. It looked good--until I found that it was over $100.00 for the software. If whoever the board administrator is or will be wants to splurge, then by all means (unless somebody already has the software). But there's no way I myself can pay for it.

I agree with you, though. IPB looks great, and I read about its security ratings. It's a great choice. If there's no other solution, and everybody agrees to this change (because it's a major change), then maybe we can work something else out. But until then, we're going to stick to PHPBB.
HAHAHA, you expect me to pay $100, come on, i got the free trail version on my pc, theres no cost involved, we just got to keep the ipb 2.0.0 (trail) at the bottom and we can use it for free :D
Really? That's cool! On the site, I saw that the free trial version worked for five days only.

Well, I guess we may have a new forum soon! That is, if everyone agrees. I haven't had admin status added to the board yet, so I can't make an announcement, but I can open up a poll and add the announcement to the update on the main page. This isn't a firm decision yet-- we have to make sure people are okay with this. etherkye, will everyone need to make new accounts and stuff, or can they be transfered simply?
Da_WOLFE Wrote:Well, here's the basic thing:

The comment sorter will receive comments in e-mail. He or she will format them into HTML and then send the formatted comments to me so that I can make them part of the update.

I'm not a fan of HTML, but I know the general gist of how to use it.
Count me in on it.
Da_WOLFE Wrote:Well, it looks like we're not done after all. Sorry for not reading your e-mail thoroughly enough, Chibi. We need somebody to sort and format comments. You know, the ones people leave authors and artists about them and their work. THIS PERSON CANNOT SLACK OFF! The comments must be done! Any volunteers? Kous_u, I believe you said you had extra time on your hands once. Would you be willing to do this job?

Yeah, sure, but I'd like a crack at the code for the forms so that all the work is done for me, and I just need to screen for spam and copy the code into the page.

Also: what's wrong with the current boards?

Oh, and one thing that I noticed that maybe should be fixed or maybe not: on the front page it says "don't distribute interior links" but DAD doesn't use robots.txt to block Google from indexing the site. You can google through all the stories here. I don't know if this should be blocked or not. Incidentally, call me just "Kousu", the _ is to avoid getting googled, hopefully.

Edit: oh and just sent 7.13$CAD (6$USD). Yay :)
Do you remember the search engine on the site where you could search for lemons? It used Google. I'll ask Chibi Renamon, but I doubt Google will be much of a problem.
I know. I was just bringing it up, since this does mean that google is not only distributing internal links, but is caching copies of stuff which I assume some people wouldn't like (whatver explains that strange clause in the clickthrough agreement).
Da_WOLFE Wrote:Really? That's cool! On the site, I saw that the free trial version worked for five days only.

Well, I guess we may have a new forum soon! That is, if everyone agrees. I haven't had admin status added to the board yet, so I can't make an announcement, but I can open up a poll and add the announcement to the update on the main page. This isn't a firm decision yet-- we have to make sure people are okay with this. etherkye, will everyone need to make new accounts and stuff, or can they be transfered simply?

Due to the fact i downloaded it before they introduced the 5 day thing there is nothing they can do about it. I got it on the contidion i'd keep the footer where it is. About the account. I'll try my hardest to keep them but i've enver upgraded a forum before, only started afresh. I'd need to talk to the person with C-panel access as well to get database code.

And if it everyone does need to make new accounts, at elast it gives a chance to remove inactives.