Join our server on Discord

DVD Writing Problem.
Been trying to search for a solution for a good three hours now and all I get are inconclussive threads with people going back and forth whining about the same problem and no solution. That or I'm too blind/lazy to understand what I gotta do.

Here's the problem. Few days ago I got DVD Descrypter, a DVD burning program as far as I've been led to believe.

So, using this program, I successfully and flawlessly burnt an image using the ISO -> Write action on a fresh DVD. Everything's cool.

Today, I tried doing the same, but before I could even begin writing, the DVD I put in, which was bought in the same bundle of the first one (Which burnt successfully), is, in the program's eyes "Not Empty".

So I went to try with another DVD, then another and another. All of them were "Not Empty" despite each and every god-forsaken time they were freshly bought DVDs. I don't believe in coincidences.

No, I didn't buy half a dozen DVDs and only one happened to be good.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling DVD Descrypter, got the same response. Restarted my PC after uninstalling again and reinstalled it once more. I put in one of the DVDs and my PC finally recognized the media, and DVD Decrypter finally allowed me to burn another image.

However, when I tried to burn yet a new one again, the same "Disc Not Empty" problem started happening all over again. -_-

The problem clearly isn't my DVDs, but either the program or my drive.

I got rid of DVD Decrypter and downloaded BlindWrite, tried with it, but it says: "Media is too small" which is bullshit because it's a 4.7 GB DVD and the image is only 2.30 GB heavy.

From this I conclude that there's no conclussion.

In other words, I'm friggin' lost here, I need help with locating and treating the problem. Could anyone offer advice? I wanna know what's happening here, I wanna be able to burn images again without having to resort to luck. <_<

And please, do not advice me to buy new or different DVDs. I've already established that the problem isn't the DVDs as I could (For some lucky reason) burn a second image after reinstalling and restarting many times.

Help D:
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad

Messages In This Thread
DVD Writing Problem. - by DragonMasterX - 11-03-2010, 10:39 AM
RE: DVD Writing Problem. - by Erethzium - 11-03-2010, 11:19 AM
RE: DVD Writing Problem. - by DragonMasterX - 11-03-2010, 01:52 PM