Join our server on Discord

HighSchool of the Dead review.
Taken from my FurAffinity journal...

*Plows through requests piles and starts typing*

Hello Watchers and rest of FA, how are you? Hope you're feelin' great. I am, and for several great reasons, excited as heck, but I'll have to discuss the monumental amounts of random stuff that make me happy some other time. I just hope you all are happy the same if not more than I!

For now though, I'd like to discuss an anime I recently stumbled upon on the net. It's fairly new from what I gather- I read that it has 13 episodes and the raws are up to Episode 8 so far. It has a manga adaptation though, and if my friend's words are accurate it's long finished.

Regardless. Let me be straight with all of you. This anime rocks beyond the limits of what several chicken launchers installed in your favorite mech or weaponized vehicle/suit of armor can or will ever be able to rock.

Why? How?

REASON NUMBER 1! Highschool short-skirted hot girls.

REASON NUMBER 2! Huge, bouncy bouncy giggity-giggity-giggity boobs! (With 'boing' background sounds for effect, eeeeeee! XD)

REASON NUMBER 3! ZOMBIES. GORE. SPLATTER.

It's the anime made for the Man. If you haven't seen it yet, you're missing out. Go go go! Read the manga or hunt for the anime!

Oh and.

Reason Number 2.69! Lots and lots of fan-service at episode 6.

Now for a less hormone-driven review. (May contain Spoilers, read at your own risk)

While the acronym forms H.O.T.D. and it could be taken in context, by any avid rail shooter player, as House of the Dead, this anime is more like a Resident Evil-kind of plot where the city is slowly overrun by plain walking undead that feed on human flesh and propagate like- well, a plague. This gets us a great setting of a city that has been thrown into a world of panic and apocalyptical reprisal, and the high-school where our protagonists are is just one of the many places that has been hit by said plague.

Our protagonists are a small band of high-schoolers, hot girls and cool dudes. They are resourceful as heck, not McGiver, but very accurate into what they pick up to make weapons, making it more realistical instead of, for some reason, adding firearms to a modern japanese educational institution. That gets a bonus from my part.

The series is, at times, packed with action, matrix-like zoom ins and zoom outs as well as slow-motion captures, sometimes it's filled with traditional japanese cartoonish comedy (Acting weird during a world-crisis! :3), sometimes it gets a tad dramatic (For further immersion, like any good script should have! <3) and sometimes it's just a whole set of seconds devoted to zooming in under the girls' skirts or the jiggling effect of their immense racks.

Yes, this series has it all, from goreish eye-splattering gut-ridden bloody messes to hot blonde ginormously busty young air-headed nurses that keep unintentionally using their boobs for comedic and arousing effects at the worst times (For the heroes).

Only have watched up to the end of episode 6 and I'm (Guilty as charged) in love with this.

Truly, a series devoted to Men. Horny, testosterone-high, explicit violence-loving Men.

I recommend it to you all, people! Go waaaaaatch!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad

Messages In This Thread
HighSchool of the Dead review. - by DragonMasterX - 08-26-2010, 01:51 PM
RE: HighSchool of the Dead review. - by optimus - 11-08-2010, 09:25 PM
RE: HighSchool of the Dead review. - by Luxord - 05-11-2011, 07:46 AM