Join our server on Discord

Dead Space: Many times Resident Evil's shock factor or Half Life revamp?
So I was playing this awesome game a friend recommended. I got a few heart-racing moments, but they were only shock factor moments like the ones I got in Resident Evil 2 when the cerberuses jumped through the windows to say hi. These factors are everywhere though, and look! Demented 'normal' people! You can't interact them, but it sure is fun to see what they do, and when they are being dragged by creatures or infected by the alien disease or just being insane.

Then I started exploring vacuums and zero gravity zones. Coupled with the creature designs (Not saying they are the same, but kind of similar) I immediately was reminded of the first Half Life. At the risk of massively spoiling, I can't mention many other details, but the things you fight here are as bloody and ruthless as the thingies from Half Life were.

With today's graphics, EA has managed to gross me out in one or two instances during my playthrough in Dead Space (Chapter 10 so far). Never expected seeing people experimenting on newborns or EA making monsters based on babies. It's cool to see everything pulsing on every monster, and there's just so many ways to die, lol.

Also, I've noticed the lack of QTEs for the main story, and rather you're either bailed out by the event or miraculously saved. In one instance, you're being dragged by something, and you've to aim while you're grounded and the camera shakes because your character is... well, being dragged. No QTEs to free yourself, just your aiming prowess to get rid of that thing. Good? Bad? Who can say. QTEs only happen when a creature grabs you and you obviously have to free yourself to avoid taking damage or to keep taking more. The music gets so upbeat when you're grabbed.

Anyway, I like this game. Can't wait until I reach the end so I can understand what the heck's going on. What did you guys think?
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad

Messages In This Thread
Dead Space: Many times Resident Evil's shock factor or Half Life revamp? - by DragonMasterX - 06-02-2010, 03:10 AM