Join our server on Discord

The Flame of Youth - Part 4 Added!
Hey guys,

This is a bit of my “new, original, non-fan fic story”. If you read my “Furry Universe History” thread, you should have an overview of the alternate history in this world. If you haven’t read said thread, I suggest you do that now.

I can wait. *hums while uninformed readers catch themselves up*

Ok, you good? You sure? Alrighty then.

Some of you might recognize the name of the main dude. It’s the same name as in my lemon, “Dua’s Lemon”. Sue me; I like the name and appearance. It fits. So now I think I should stop talking/typing to you and I should introduce the fic.

So here we go.

Thanks to Gulimon and a Shotgun for the amazing title!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 1 – Introductions

Adam awoke. Before he could open his eyes, his nose was assaulted by the various stenches that filled his apartment. His eyes, still closed, watered at the realization of the odor. He opened his eyes and placed his hand over his mouth, suppressing a yawn. He looked around; picking the sources of the foul smell that flooded his nostrils. He spotted the huge pile of dirty clothes, under which was buried a laundry hamper. He also picked out the small buckets of fuel in the corner, ready to soak his fire poi to light-able perfection. He stood and walked over to the pots of flammable liquid, their scent increasing as he approached. He opened a few windows to prevent the fumes from filling his apartment. The last thing he needed was a static shock from a light switch causing a fireball.

As the noxious gases vented from the room, Adam looked up at the clock. The small circle on the wall informed him that he needn’t be at the studio for another three hours. Deciding that it was time to clean both himself and his abode, Adam walked off to the shower. He abandoned his pajama pants as he walked, tripping slightly as his feet and tail refused to exit the cloth. He turned on the stereo, turning it up as loud as possible, and walked the rest of the way naked, thinking about his future. He stopped about ten feet from the bathroom.

“If I ever have a room mate I won’t be able to do this,” he said, recognizing his nudity. He shrugged the thought off and continued to the bathroom. He left the door open, a habit of living alone. The water began to poor from the shower head, starting out hot, but fading to lukewarm within seconds. Adam stepped in and soaked his head, his sensitive ears flicking about as drops of water collided with them. He poured shampoo over his head, causing his ears to instinctively flatten themselves against his head. He hummed as he removed the scum from his hair. He finished rinsing his head and went to clean his tail. Once his body was clean, he stepped out of the shower, refreshed and awake. He dried himself with the old, flat towel that he used for himself. He possessed nicer towel sets, but he saved them for the rare occasion that he had company. The Half-breed feline began to dig through the cupboard under the sink for his hair drier. He found the device and plugged it in. Once he had retrieved his comb and hair straightener, he began to dry his hair.

Twenty minutes later, Adam emerged from the bathroom, groomed and clean. He located a pair of boxers and his favorite pants. Once his pants here on and comfortably adjusted, he began to pick up the various pieces of trash that littered his living space. Two and a half hours of cleaning and laundry later, he was walking out the door, backpack and sweater in hand. He walked down the stairs to the ground floor and exited the building. He put on his shirt and jogged for about a mile until he reached a small building with a sign out front that read: Nick’s Fire Dancing and Yoga. He opened the door, hitting the small bell inside as he did.

“Your five minutes late,” came a voice from the supply room in the back.

“I know,” Adam responded, removing his sweater and backpack, “I had to clean my place.”

A human male walked out from the small room, wearing clothes very similar to Adam’s.

“Well, you only have an hour until your new class gets here,” Nick said, stepping behind a small desk.

“I have a new class?” Adam asked, picking something out of his teeth.

“Now you do,”

Adam yawned, still tired from his cleaning tangent. He walked to the front of the class. He was the assistant instructor at the studio, and enjoyed his job. He got paid to stand in front of a bunch of strangers and teach them how to spin poi for three hours. He took out a pair and began to play. He played for about fifteen minutes before he was joined by Nick. The human was better at the dance, but Adam’s skills were closing in on his instructor’s. After an hour of playing, dancing and laughing the first of the new students began to trickle in, enrolment checks in hand. They stood awkwardly in the waiting area, looking at the eccentric decorations that covered the walls. The studio walls proudly wore everything from movie posters to renaissance paintings to pictures of other classes. Soon, the waiting area was filled with twenty people. Adam walked over to the desk in front of the waiting area. He reached beneath the table top and removed a box.

“Everybody put your checks on the counter and take two poi of different colors from this box,” he said, opening the box. The crowd followed Adam’s instructions, and then crowded into the main practice area. Nick organized the people into a phalanx while Adam locked the checks in a safe box. Once the students were ready and their money safe, Adam approached the front of the class.

“Alright, Ladies and gentlemen,” Adam said, drawing the attention of his class, “Welcome to our beginners class. My name is Adam and I am the assistant instructor here at the studio and I will be teaching this class. I will now give a short demonstration.”

Nick turned off the lights and handed Adam a pair of hard plastic poi with slots cut in the sides. Adam flicked a switch on each poi, turning on LEDs in each of them. The slots cut in the side gave the light a beam-like effect. He spun them around, weaving a web of light about himself. He continued to dance for about five minutes, careful not to hit himself. When the lights were turned back on, Adam saw the faces of his students. Most of them were smiling in amazement at the sight of the act. A short applause erupted from the class, but it was soon silenced by Adam.

“Now I’ve been doing this since I was fourteen,” he said, performing a spiral wrap to finish his routine, “And that gives me five years of experience. So I don’t, and you shouldn’t, expect you guys to be this good. Today we are going to start with the basics, so let’s get going.”

Adam exchanged his rock hard poi for some glowing performance ones and began to teach. These lit up two different colors so his students could clarify between the left and the right. The next two hours were filled with the teaching of “the basics”. Many individuals hit themselves in the head, and, for the less fortunate, in the crotch. Those students with tails often tangled them in their poi. Adam finished teaching them the final basic move, crossing both poi in front of them at the same time, and told them to take a thirty minute practice period. The phalanx of students disintegrated as they moved about and began talking while they played. Adam was re teaching a man how to cross his poi when he noticed a pair of poi consistently spinning in the back of the class. He began to rubberneck while he demonstrated the move he was teaching. He caught a glimpse of the student in the back, but he was unintentionally speeding up his spinning. He lost concentration and hit himself in the back of his head, the speed of his poi knocking him out. He heard a consistent “Ooooh” from the class as he slipped into darkness.

Adam awoke five minutes later, his head throbbing. The class had gathered around him, as well as his instructor.

“What happened?” Nick asked, helping Adam up. The feline began to race through his mind for an excuse.

“That was a demonstration,” he said slowly, “To show that you should always be careful. You can do damage to yourself and your property if you aren’t careful. Were I using harder poi, I could have given myself brain damage.”

The class bought his excuse and returned to their original positions. Adam stood up and began to pace around the class. He soon located the cause of his distraction. The student was a Half-Breed, feline like himself. Her hair on top of her head and her bangs were white, but the rest was a deep color that walked the line between red and brown. Her haircut was short and neat. The fur on her tail was the same deep color with a white tip. She had a small smile as she spun her poi. The two she had chosen matched the stockings she wore; one of the poi was a golden yellow while the other was a dark orange. The stockings were striped by the same colors, and she wore long sleeves, the same pattern, that came up over her shoulders and clasped around the neck and at her sternum. The sleeves were a bit too long, extending over half her hand. The rest of her outfit consisted of short cut jean shorts and a tube top, worn beneath the sleeves.

The two poi seemed to be an extension of her arms as she gracefully performed the basic moves that she had been taught, almost flawlessly. She did not appear to notice Adam watching her, so he smiled and continued to pace through the crowd. When the class ended, Adam invited the class to stay and play as long as they wished. This, of course, was ignored by most of the members. Their impatience caused them to leave, intent on carrying out the rest of their schedule. Nick left to go to lunch with his girlfriend, telling Adam to lock up when he finished. Adam recounted the money they had received before going back into the practice area. He looked up, and, to his surprise, the girl he had seen earlier was still present. She was playing with her back to Adam, still not hitting herself. Adam did notice a small imperfection in her left hands plane control. He decided it was time to speak.

“Nice technique,” he said, casually, putting his hands in his pockets. The silence being broken caused the girl to jump slightly in surprise. She dropped her poi to the floor, where they bounced once then came to a stop. Adam smiled as he walked over to her, untying his own poi from the small ring on his waistband. The girl blushed as her smiling instructor lifted her poi from the ground and handed them back to her.

“What’s your name?” Adam asked as he began to play. The answer was quiet and almost inaudible.

“Hmm?”

“Koneko,” the girl responded for a second time, holding her hands to her chin as she received her poi back. Adam continued to spin casually as he looked at the clock. It was only three in the afternoon.

“Well, Koneko,” he said, twirling his poi behind his head, “I have a proposition for you.”

He spun around to face her and stopped spinning.

“How would you like free poi lessons until you are as good as me and better?”

Koneko smiled gently and nodded. Adam smiled again as a drop of sweat ran down the side of his face.

“I am more then willing to give you these lessons, if you are willing to do something for me. I am an amateur fire dancer who goes from club to club and I need a partner. I don’t have a show for about three months and I think that is plenty of time to teach you how to spin fire. Would you, Koneko, like to be my partner?”

The feline female closed her eyes in thought for well over a minute, then nodded.

“Yes,” she said, smiling at Adam.

“Alright!” Adam said, beginning to play again, “Would you like to start now or later?”

Koneko didn’t answer, instead she began to spin her own poi about. Adam took this as a yes and began to teach.

When Adam finally locked the doors of the studio, it was nine o’clock at night.

“Can I walk you home?” Adam asked, putting the key in his pocket. Koneko, blushed once again and looked down at the ground. She shook her head. Adam’s spirit sank.

“Oh, alright,” he said, turning to walk away. She stopped him before he got far though.

“I would want you to,” she said, still looking at the ground, “But… I don’t have one…”

“What?” Adam asked. He stooped until he was within her gaze. She made eye contact with him and followed as he stood up, until she was looking up at her instructor and new friend, “You don’t have a house?”

She shook her head again, a shamed look on her face. Adam thought for a minute, and then his face lit with an idea.

“Would you like to… uh…” Adam started, his face slowly turning red. He never finished the sentence. Instead, he made a strange gesture that finished his statement for him. She understood his question and reacted, her face filling with joy. She stepped forward and wrapped her slender arms around him in a tight hug. She was five or six inches shorter then he, so the end result was Koneko snuggling into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her in return.

“Thank you,” Koneko said, smiling up at Adam. The male smiled back at her.

“You’re welcome,” he said, “Now we should start walking before we get jumped,”

Koneko laughed quietly and released him. She then followed him to his apartment complex and up to the top floor. He unlocked the door and led her in. He locked the door behind him and turned, expecting to see a look of disappointment on his partners face. Instead, she wore a look of amazement. Adam stood by the door and watched as she admired the bare, red brick walls. She looked at his makeshift TV stand fashioned out of cinder blocks and two by fours and at his glass-top coffee table. She came to a stop at the three large windows that Adam had left open to vent the apartment. She walked up to the middle one and stooped to look under the blinds. She turned.

“May I…?” she asked pointing to the drawstring that controlled the covers. Adam nodded and she pulled the string. The blinds pulled themselves up and revealed the view. Adam had never taken the time to look out the windows, but he decided to now. He stepped up and stood next to her as she looked out. There was an unobstructed view of the city from here. The tallest buildings stretched out of the middle like a citadel. The black outlines of the city met the dark, night sky and the stars seemed to blend with the sparkling city lights. When she had finished with the center window she moved to the right one, Adam following close behind her.

She pulled the blinds on the second window, revealing a completely different sight. The window revealed the mountains to the east and the low lights of the small buildings leading out to them. Car’s moved along the streets, giving life to the scenery. Koneko’s eyes sparkled as she saw the lights of the tramway moving slowly up the mountain to the station at the top. She then dodged around Adam, brushing his tail aside as she did, to the jog to the third window. By the time Adam arrived, she had pulled the blinds away.

The final sight was completely natural, free of all urban development. It was nothing but bare desert, stretching away to meet the horizon, where the remnants of sunset still stood, brightening the dark sky to a pale indigo-blue. The only thing in the expansion of earth they looked upon was low brush which grew spread out over the land. Koneko stood and watched until the sky on the western horizon had shed its trace of light and stood as dark as the rest of the night. The female then stepped back, until she could see all three windows at once, this time though, she didn’t wait for Adam to follow. She pulled Adam back with her.

“It’s beautiful,” she said, never taking her eyes off the view, “I wish I could see this every night.”

“You can,” Adam said, looking down at his friend, “You live here now.”

She hugged him and thanked him again.

“Now, let me show you your new home,” Adam said. He led her around, showing her the master bedroom, the kitchen and the closet. He finally stopped at the bathroom.

“This is the bathroom,” he said, opening the door, “You can shower in the morning if you want.

She turned to look at him and leaned against the doorframe.

“Can I shower now?” she asked, looking up at him with large eyes.

“Of course,” Adam said, “Hang on a sec and I’ll get you a towel and washcloth.”

Adam turned and walked away. Koneko rocked on her feet while she waited, looking around. Adam soon returned with a set of soft, yellow towels and a fresh bar of soap. He handed them to her smiled.

“Enjoy!” he said, before going out into the living room. Koneko heard the TV turn on and she decided to start. She stepped inside and set the towels down on the counter. She locked the door and began to undress. She unclasped her sleeves and removed them along with her top. She took off her stockings and shorts, after kicking off her flip flops, of course. She slid out of her panties and set them on the counter. Nude, she sat on the edge of the tub and attempted to turn on the shower. She gripped the dial on the wall and turned. No water emerged from the faucet. She tried again several times to no avail. She stood and grabbed one of the towels Adam had given her and wrapped it around herself. She purred slightly as she enjoyed the feeling of the soft cloth on her skin. She unlocked the door and walked out into the hall way. She stepped into the living room to see Adam watching cartoons. She quietly cleared her throat and Adam’s ears swiveled around, picking up the quiet sound. Adam turned his head to face the same direction. His face turned a bit red as his mind fought to say something. Despite his best attempts, all he could do was stare at her for about ten seconds as his male instincts distracted him. He got a grip on himself and spoke.

“Is there a problem?” he asked, smiling slightly. His new room mate blushed as she realized she was nearly naked in front of a male.

“I… don’t know how to turn on the water,” she said, looking down. Adam laughed and stood up.

“Come on,” he said, walking towards her, “I’ll show you.”

Koneko followed him back into the bathroom where he kneeled next to the tub.

“Alright all you have to do is pull out,” he said, demonstrating. The water poured from the lower faucet into the tub, “And pull this little thing up.”

He pulled a small knob on top of the faucet up, causing the water to revert up into the shower head.

“Then you can adjust the temperature by turning the dial,” he said, standing up.

Koneko nodded, her face still a bit red. Adam smiled and left once more. She locked the door behind him and dropped the towel. She climbed into the shower and enjoyed the warm water. She soaked her hair and ears before taking a small amount of shampoo to her head. Once her hair was clean she went on to wash her body. Abandoning the washcloth, she ran the bar of soap along her body, covering herself in a thick layer of suds. Once she was completely covered in white foam, she stepped back into the stream of water. She rinsed herself off and continued to use the shampoo once again, this time on her tail. Once this was clean, she turned off the water by doing the opposite of what Adam had told her to turn it on. She stepped out and began to dry herself. Once she was dry, she opened the door and stepped out. She looked down to see two small piles of clothes with a note between them. The folded piece of paper read:

You can have these. They’re brand new, never been worn. I promise!

-Adam

She smiled and picked up the two piles of pajamas. She took them back inside the bathroom and looked them over. There were two pairs of pants, one of them was red plaid and the other was plain black. The two shirts that came with them were plain long sleeve t-shirts, one white and one black. She put on the plaid pants, making sure her tail made its way through the hole in the back, and the black shirt. They were both a little big on her, the pants going down so far that she could only see her toes and the sleeves of the shirt fitting extremely similar to her own sleeves. Fully clothed this time, she collected her clothes and walked out into the living room, where Adam was still watching TV.

She walked over and stood by the couch. Adam looked up at her.

“I see you found the clothes,” he said, standing up, “Now where do you want to sleep? You can have the couch or the master bedroom,”

She tilted her head.

“I get to choose?” she said, amazed at the decision presented to her. Adam nodded. She weighed the options of each and finally decided on the bedroom. Adam showed her to the room. They walked in and Adam held up the covers of the bed. She climbed inside and Adam laid the sheets down on top of her.

“Comfy?” he asked. When she smiled up at him in response, he smiled back.

“G’night,” he said as he turned the light off. He stepped out of the room and closed the door. Koneko rolled over on her side and fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the first bit of my original fic. What did you guys think?
[Image: Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif]

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!

Messages In This Thread
The Flame of Youth - Part 4 Added! - by Adym - 05-23-2010, 09:36 AM
RE: Needs a Title - by Guilmon and a shotgun - 05-23-2010, 11:49 AM
RE: Needs a Title - by Adym - 05-23-2010, 11:55 AM
RE: The Flame of Youth - by Guilmon and a shotgun - 05-23-2010, 10:36 PM
RE: The Flame of Youth - by Adym - 05-24-2010, 01:13 AM
RE: The Flame of Youth - by Adym - 05-24-2010, 07:01 AM
RE: The Flame of Youth - Part 2 Added - by Adym - 05-25-2010, 11:34 AM
RE: The Flame of Youth - Part 3 Added - by Adym - 06-24-2010, 10:58 AM
RE: The Flame of Youth - Part 4&5? - by Adym - 06-25-2010, 11:18 AM
RE: The Flame of Youth - Part 4&5? - by Asesino - 06-25-2010, 11:44 AM
RE: The Flame of Youth - Part 4&5? - by Adym - 06-26-2010, 12:01 AM