Join our server on Discord

Those fucking kids! *waves a pitchfork*
Okay, this is going to seem like a stupid rant but hear me out.

I was out walking my dog yesterday, no big deal just through the woodland and up onto the field to play some fetch. I come up the hill to where the farmer has stacked his haybales, when suddenly i see smoke billowing up from the ground. All 5 stacks of hay had been set alight, subsequently setting alight to a lot of the flammable dead fern plants (bracken) nearby. I look up into the field and see 4-5 teenagers wandering up to the nearby council estate as if nothing has happened.

What has gotten into kids these days? Since I've lived here when i was about 10, I've witnessed this shit happen more than 5 times in about 4 years. You might wonder why I'm surprised by this, seeing as it's happened before, and I'll tell you. The previous occasions, the dead bracken was set alight which is considerably less dangerous as long as it's not too much (last year it nearly set fire to the whole damn forest). The hay bales are not so much a target, it's food and shelter for livestock, whereas the bracken is just rotting down to become nutrients for the summer plants.
Now i saw these bales and i thought "That farmer either has some serious confidence in those kids in the council estate, or he's pretty damn stupid." But, I decided to follow in the farmer's confidence and thought "kids aren't that dumb, they're not gonna set fire to hay bales surely"

Alas! it seems that kids nowadays have nothing better to occupy their time with other then going "Durrp, hey theres a hay bale hurr! I'm gonna set it on fire guhys! hurr hurr!"
I was pissed, i wanted to grab a stick and bash the flames out myself, but I reminded myself that if i was caught anywhere near the scene of the crime, i would ironically be blamed simply because i was there. I actually saw a fire engine arriving as i began to leave for home (I left the house 20 minutes previous and the teenagers had already scorched a great deal of the area before i was even there), so i decided it was best i left them to it.

So, i called my dog away and we went home, him coughing from the smokescreen that he so merrily pranced through and me with black thunder raging in my tongue.

Those fucking kids.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds

Messages In This Thread
Those fucking kids! *waves a pitchfork* - by Guilmon and a shotgun - 04-26-2010, 08:32 AM