Join our server on Discord

Games just don't feel worth what they used to.
I'm a bit mixed about it. I feel like no game is worth 60 dollars. It wasn't too different for the SNES. If I'm not mistaken a good amount of those games started that high, but not all of them. I never really looked since I wasn't able to afford them. These days it seems like all the games for the three consoles are being released full price.

As for Nostalgia: I believe it is 50:50. The games you do go back to aren't terrible games right? The current consoles prove, with the some of the games being downloadable, that they are still good games today. And there were bad games back then.

As for quality: to me, I think, they feel different mostly because of age. Is there something wrong with that? No. I still think there are good games being released. Most of games are, more or less, similar, but at least they do use a formula that can work. It's not like all the games back in the day were great.

Tastes, rather I should just say interests, change (or improve if your'e lucky) as people get older. How are If all games these days are the same? I really can't say. My best answer would be mostly FPS with a few RPGs; however, I also believe I could say most games back in the day were mostly platformers with a few RPGs.

I think gaming is also alot more commercialized now then it was. I'm not saying its a bad thing, but there is a stronger push to buy them then there was. As the metaphor "pushing" can imply that it will get some people buy, to quell the impulse while turning others a bit off. Hell, electronics, in general, these days, are even greater. Most people back then probably considered the standard to be a TV, a phone, and a VCR. These days, you got computers of all sorts of variety and functionality. Cell phones are constantly being upgraded. The iphone feels like it is being updated as periodically and as similar to a pokemon game (very little difference but just a little more content/capabilities). Still, I think I'll stop there before I rant too far.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games just don't feel worth what they used to. - by Harie Krauzer - 06-29-2009, 10:37 PM