Join our server on Discord

Team Fortress 2
Who else here plays it? Post discussions, tactics, and whatnot related to Team Fortress 2 here.

My Steam name is Suzaku Evangeline, my favorite game type is Payload, and I use the Engineer, Demoman, and Pyro the most.

Well, I now have all the milestones for the currently class updates, so I have all the weapons. Here is what I'll have to say about them.

Pyro:

Backburner: It's a good ambushing weapon, with 100% chance of a critical hit if hit from behind, but it doesn't have a compression Blast. Personally, I don't use this, since I like to use compression blast to reflect grenades and rockets. That, and there's not a lot of times I can sneak up on someone from behind, especially when I'm on the offensive.

Flare gun: Unlike most of the updated weapons, this one's an original. Replacing the shotgun, the Flare gun shoots a single flare at the enemy, setting them ablaze. Like the sniper rifle, this needs to be reloaded after every shot, with an ammo pool of 16. I like this weapon because of its long range capability. While it will rarely actually kill the person it hits, it will cause them to panic and run off to find aid before they die from the burns. This is especially good for picking off snipers, since the gun has a surprisingly long range and high accuracy.

Ax-tinguisher: Basically, this weapon causes tremendous damage to people already lit, but causes weak damage to those who aren't. I carry it anyways, since I rarely use Melee unless I'm THAT low on ammo. It could be good for a pyro combo, someone to light up the enemy and the other to axe them.

Heavy

Natasha: Replacing Sasha, Natasha is a slightly quieter Gatling gun with a black drum and an ammo belt across the side. While only dealing 1/4 the normal damage, it also slows the enemy down to a crawl with each connecting hit, holding them in the line of fire and unable to move under cover. This is pretty good for suppressing enemy movement *Literally*.

Sandvich: The almighty sandvich. It removes the Heavy's alternate weapon for a Sandvich that restores 120 HP with each bite. However, it also leaves you completely vulnerable for 7 seconds, and the Heavy isn't exactly quiet about it. You can hear his "NOM NOM NOM OM NOM!" from quite a distance, which can alert a sharp ear to his presence. It's best used when there aren't any medics or Dispensers around, and you need a health boost before running back into battle. Not to mention that this Sandvich is everlasting; You will never run out!

KGB: The Killer Gloves of Boxing have a slightly slower attack speed *-20%* than the fists, but upon a successful kill with them gives the Heavy a 100% Critical chance. While a nice tradeoff, there simply isn't' enough time to pull out Sasha or Natasha, rev up the barrel and let loose while maintaining its effectiveness, so it's best used either with the Shotgun or going nuts and berserk charging every enemy nearby.

Medic:

Blutsauger: So you don't have to look it up, Blutsauger means "Blood Sucker" in German, which accurately describes this thing. This new Syringe Gun loses its ability to Critical, but restores 3 HP to the Medic with each connecting hit to the enemy. It's a decent tradeoff, since the Medic can just pick off enemies with the gun or kill that one rouge enemy who slipped past your defenses. After all, the Medic isn't supposed to be an assault unit.

KritzKreig: THis Medigun has an increased Ubercharge speed *25%* and instead of Ubering the ally, it gives them 8 seconds of 100% critical chance. I find this a bit useless, since most ubercharges are needed to take down sentries. This would be better combined with a Pyro to ambush an approaching group of enemies and tear through them all.

Ubersaw: THis is a great substitution for the Bonesaw. The Ubersaw has a 20% slower attack speed, but with each successful hit, gives 25% Uberchrge to the Medic. Meaning after 4 hits, the Medic is ready to activate his charge.

Scout:

The Sandman: This wooden baseball bat comes equipped with a baseball. The Scout hits the ball at the enemy, stunning them for a certain amount of time dependent on the distance the ball had to travel: The further the distance, the longer the stun period. What's more, this weapon works on UBERCHARGED ENEMIES, potentially halting what could have been a disaster. On the downside, this weapon also removes the double jump the scouts had over the rest of the team, but since it's so rarely needed it's a bit of an uneven trade in the Scout's favor. What's more, the ball cannot be restored unless you wait for another ball to be "Generated" by the Scout *What does he do? Does he pull them out of that sack he carries or does he sew a new one together himself?* or you shorten the time by picking up ammo boxes or running back to your gun Cabinet.

Force-a-Nature: This weapon is brutal, and has made the Scout a bit overpowered. It's essentially a Sawed off shotgun with only two shots, but an increased amount of power, increased amount of rounds per shot, and increased knockback. This is a great follow-up to the Sandman, and can easily take out a Heavy in the hands of a skilled player. Of course, this weapon can only really be used effectively against a singular person, as any shotgun would. That, and the reload time can seem like an eternity, even though it reloads both shells at once, but in the time it takes to reload two shells with the Scattergun.

Atomic BONK!: This energy drink removes the pistol, but it give the Scout 10 seconds of invulnurability and increased speed, but a 3 second slowdown after it ends. And, unlike the Sandvich, this only gets one use before you have to pick up another ammo box *What are energy drinks doing inside ammo boxes?*.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA

Messages In This Thread
Team Fortress 2 - by Lost - 03-23-2009, 02:50 PM
RE: Team Fortress 2 - by Erethzium - 03-23-2009, 08:43 PM
RE: Team Fortress 2 - by Guilmon and a shotgun - 03-24-2009, 02:43 AM
RE: Team Fortress 2 - by Lost - 03-24-2009, 06:39 AM
RE: Team Fortress 2 - by Erethzium - 03-24-2009, 07:18 AM
RE: Team Fortress 2 - by ParkerXD - 03-26-2009, 05:30 AM
RE: Team Fortress 2 - by Obli - 04-04-2009, 12:46 AM
RE: Team Fortress 2 - by Lost - 04-04-2009, 03:06 AM
RE: Team Fortress 2 - by Lost - 07-12-2009, 06:53 AM
RE: Team Fortress 2 - by GabumonFan - 10-23-2009, 12:38 PM