Join our server on Discord

"I want a pet!" (pet-keeping/taming RP)
Alicia lead Oreo all over the large house, with its unwelcoming, shiny floorboards, its unnatural cleanliness and silence. The tour was nice, but he'd rather play in her backyard. Alicia was cute, sweet girl, and Oreo liked her. He wondered why she was so lonely? A girl like her could make friends easily. What he didn't know was that her parents were nice, but overly strict when it comes to their success and finance. Their attitudes often turned away any friendly faces that turned her way. Oreo was her one link to a normal childhood.

"-And this is the kitchen!" Alicia said, bringing him back where they had met her mother. On the desk were lots of different ingredients, chocolate sauce, whips, flavoring, food dyes... "See that list on the counter? Mama owns an Icecream company, those are her new ideas for icecream flavors!" She explained. The list contained ingredients, procedures, and at least 20 new flavors.

Oreo tilted his head as he stepped into the kitchen again. He it was so big, and he was so distracted, he didn't realize how messy the black tiles were. He stepped on a barely visible puddle of chocolate sauce, and his pawpads slipped, making him land on his butt and skid forward, ramming the wooden counter, their contents spilling all over.

Alicia gasped and ran to him. "OREO! Are you alright?"

Oreo scrambled to his feet, panicked and scared. "I-I'm so sorry- I didn't-"

"What's going on-" Tricia walked in with her apron. Her eyes flitted from Alicia on top of Oreo, to the counter, to all her dyes and flavors and ingredients spilled all over the counter-top and the floor. Her eyes widened, horrified. "MY NEW FLAVORS!!" She screamed, running to the counter, she lifted the stained and inscrutable piece of dye-soaked paper up. "I never got to present it yet! It took me weeks to come up with these new flavors!!" She cried furiously.

Oreo looked down, fearful and guilty, his ears drooped. Tears welled in his golden eyes. How stupid he was! "I'm s-sorry Mrs. Felise! I really am! I- I- I didn't mean to!" He apologized sincerely.

"No, no Oreo. I'm sorry." Tricia said coldly. "Grab your bag. I'm taking you to the adoption center."

Oreo looked up, devastated. He closed his muzzle, and nodded sadly. "Okay." He surrendered completely.

Alicia burst into tears, hugging the puppy she just started loving.

The drive to the Petland Emporium was quiet. Oreo hugged his backpack silently, not daring to look up. Tricia drove her car in silence, no music, no nothing. She knew she was being too harsh, she knew she was letting her temper get the better of her and that she was being unfair to the poor young pup. He was genuinely sorry... but she couldn't go back now. She wouldn't humiliate herself by doing that. Instead, she spoke to him. "I don't hate you..."

"I'm sorry." Oreo replied weakly. "I'm a bad dog. Its okay."

Oreo's hopeless tone broke Tricia's heart. He was a sweet kid, and he sure took it hard. "No, you're not a bad dog. There are no bad dogs... just bad owners."

"No... I'm a bad dog. Granny and Grandpa weren't bad owners, they're the best owners in the world." Oreo reasoned.

Tricia grit her teeth. "No Oreo, I'm the bad owner."

[Petshop Emporium]

Tricia signed some forms, Oreo was taken, stripped, and shoved into a cage. He was allowed to keep his backpack and his dog, who he hugged tightly. This place frightened him.

Without a second glance, she turned to leave Oreo. She couldn't bare seeing him afraid and miserable, naked in that cold cage. She stopped in front of a cage, looking at its inhabitant. It was a rather charming wolf. She considered how lonely Alicia would be now that she had foolishly disowned Oreo so fast... She decided she would adopt the wolf, Lax. "Excuse me, sir? I'd like to adopt this one please."
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers

Messages In This Thread
RE: "I want a pet!" (pet-keeping/taming RP) - by Frisk E. Coyote - 01-07-2009, 07:44 AM