Join our server on Discord

Failed attempts at living simple lives are what keep me coming back to you
Perhaps you’re wondering why I’ve been posting less frequently lately. Well, I’ve been busy, and I’ve been trying (and failing) to have a personal life. Most of all, I’ve been staggering my post count so as to coincide my 5000th post with my five-year anniversary. I pride myself on my efficiency, and this is no exception. So, now for the big shout outs (one of the many trends I think I accidentally started). This could go on for pages, so I’m only picking the first ten who come to mind.

Unknown: Sure, you’re obsequious, but I know it’s only because you’re a peacemaker, an all-around friendly guy with a sense of humor that is sometimes quite cunning. And I know you think you’re like me, and I think you’ve become more like me in the years we’ve emailed each other. Truthfully, I think you’re a much nicer and easygoing person than I am, but I can’t say that for sure because as we all know: you’re Unknown.

Zeph: If you’re reading this, I appreciate that you made an effort to befriend me. In terms of our ability to rub people the wrong way and our unabashed pride and passion, you and I probably have more in common than Unknown, which is why he is such a good friend for both of us.

Lonelygabu: You give out the best compliments of anyone here, and as I’ve said repeatedly, with your intelligence and cordiality, it is ridiculous that you can’t get a job in retail or another service industry, even in this economy.

Reclaimer: Hearing your adventures in restaurant management and dating make this board seem more realistic, and you, Unknown, and I do a great job representing the faction of social victims here who are relatively normal.

Senjuro: You’re quite possibly the only one on this board more intelligent than I am, and obviously, you’re talented. It’s a shame you’re wasting that talent by going to a school where you’re taught to hone it and use it for a profession. When you get to the bottom of this post, I would appreciate your professional criticism, despite my certainty you’ll tear me a new one.

Cboy: It doesn’t matter how many times you change your name; your posts give you away. I sometimes find myself agreeing with you, but even when I don’t, I like how you usually make a good effort to defend your arguments.

Ray: Thanks for the fan club suggestion, and for stroking my ego in general. I’m never sure if you’re being serious, but either way, your posts are hilarious and perturbing.

DragonMasterX: As I said in your 20,000th post, you got them fairly honestly, and you’ve been here long enough to have earned it. Of the foreign teenagers on here, you’re definitely one of the more thoughtful.

Nate Hunter: I had a good time with your contests and reading your detailed analyses of Digimon, Marvel, etc., not to mention your lemons. You seem to pop up whenever there’s a post on Digimon sexuality, so I’ll assume there’s a chance you might read this, unlike…

urban dream: I figured I’d throw in one old-school, long-gone name to prove I really have been here five years. You do the Swiss proud.

Crim: You’re not one of the first ten, probably not even one of the first twenty, but I’m giving you special mention because you read some of my stories and sent me comments on them.

Now, some of you may recall when I posted a song on here. Since then, I’ve recorded about fifteen tracks with just vocals. I plan on mixing in piano with them eventually (since I failed to learn the guitar this year), but for now, I’d like to share what I believe are two of my greatest talents: writing and voice-actor-inspired projecting (I stop short of calling it singing, Senjuro).

The first one is one I posted before with music mixed in, but I think it sounds better (certainly clearer) this time. Let me know what you think. I’ll be linking a new one every week in this thread, just in case you thought I might be leaving after 5,000 posts.
A Boys Last Stand (Vocal Edit) - Benjamin Wiseman
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against

Messages In This Thread
Failed attempts at living simple lives are what keep me coming back to you - by Wisemon - 11-19-2008, 12:34 PM