Join our server on Discord

What if Digimon had been an adult anime?
This just popped into my head at work today and I think it's an interesting muse. What if Digimon had been an adult anime along the lines of Tenchi Muyo...or even La Blue Girl (the only two adult anime's I've actually seen)? Would it have been better/worse, would it be even more popular, how would the stories have changed, etc?

I think the show would have had more emotional conflicts (imagine all the fuss we've seen over Daikari vs TkKari being on TV), the romances that were just hinted at would have probably been more visible, and the battles would have probably been more brutal (Primary Village and digimon reformating would have probably been cut out). Frankly, I almost wish the creators had gone that route, as the show would have been, in my opinion, better and something a lot of people could empathize with.

One of the main reasons I read digimon fanfics is because since they aren't bound by the show's ratings, we get to see a more in depth look at the characters and conflicts. If you ask me, an adult anime version of digimon would have opened the door to a lot of things we've read in the fanfiction community.

Messages In This Thread
What if Digimon had been an adult anime? - by BigD - 09-22-2008, 11:41 AM