Join our server on Discord

A FanFiction Idea
That's quite a simple idea, yet it's one of the most ambitious ones I've heard tossed out by authors on boards like this. That would require a tremendous amount of planning, coordination, trust, skill, cooperation, and discipline. It's hard enough to get people to go to those lengths in real life (even when they're all working in the same room, and there's financial compensation involved). Getting it to work in this format would be even harder, but if you've been holding and judging contests, you've probably got a better idea of what everyone's capable of and what you've got to work with than most people.

Yes, you'd have to be selective. You'd have to turn people away. You'd have to find some way of pleasing everyone while staying on track. I don't know how it could be done, but it's an exciting idea. You seem like a smart guy too (judging from reading your posts), so I'm sure you could pull it together if everyone did their part.

I'm interested in this, but I hesitate to fully volunteer (for the moment) because you really have no way of knowing what kind of writer I am and what I'm capable of. If you're curious, you could read some old fanfiction I wrote right here (which would lead you to a long series I wrote and never finished, not a good sign for consideration).

I'd be willing to help out in some way, though I'm not an artist, so that would basically leave me to do nothing but contribute as a writer, if need be. Honestly, I'm interested.

This could be the kind of project that could rejuvinate things around here. Maybe.

Messages In This Thread
A FanFiction Idea - by Nate Hunter - 11-21-2003, 04:40 PM
[No subject] - by milk me! - 11-22-2003, 08:32 AM