Join our server on Discord

Why do Bad Things Happen to People?
I'm not going to even try and say I'm a good person, but I don't think I'm actually a bad person either. I hope those of you who read this will find some explanation for the difficulty I've been having in judging the October (Tragedy) Contest, let alone sharing those results.

First off, in the middle of October, last month, my mom came back from a business trip, I lost my wallet (which had every piece of ID that I need), and I found out that my parents are almost definitely going to separate with the coming of the new year. Compound that with a bout of depression and my realizing that would probably mean a divorce, and October was a horrible month. I didn't have much to give to anyone outside of my immediate family and close offline friends until about two weeks ago, whenn I realized I had missed my own deadline for the contest.

Then, I was going into a chat room last week and my mother saw me there, and we're talking about one of the "adult" chat rooms. She feels obligated to warn her friends there to protect her son (I'm fucking 20 for the sake of all that is human), and to warn me that I shouldn't be in that kind of room. Of course, with her being the problem, I'm already not speaking to her unless it's necessary, so all my old high school defenses come up and I just nod and say "Okay." Then, with my hopes high and set on getting to the GED this week, I find out that my new Social Security card won't come until about now, or sometime next week even, not to worry about my state photo ID.

And then next month I need to take the GED, find a job that isn't a Paper Route, and I don't have much left to give even myself, let alone family or others. I will try to hold a Christmastime Friendship contest here, but I cannot guarantee anything. And with the situations I'm in right now... Some of those tragedy stories are still giving me a hard time, because of how bad I feel like my life is. Support is what I need right now, and I'm not certain I can offer a prompt solution to the Christmas contest, if I even do hold it. If I do decide to hold it, I will post the guidlines next week Friday or Saturday.

I'm sorry about the scores, but I haven't finished judging the October Contest myself, so as soon as I do, I will share them. I will say in advance that Lord Archive's Courage has the best score I've ever given in a contest, so he will probably be the winner. This may be one of the last times I'm active here for a good while, so I'll make sure to finish these scores before I actually leave.

Messages In This Thread
Why do Bad Things Happen to People? - by Nate Hunter - 11-21-2003, 03:49 AM
[No subject] - by urban dream - 11-21-2003, 04:28 AM
[No subject] - by milk me! - 11-21-2003, 05:13 AM
[No subject] - by Arrowhead - 12-01-2003, 02:59 PM
[No subject] - by UnknownH - 12-03-2003, 03:33 AM
[No subject] - by N0gg - 12-09-2003, 02:11 PM
[No subject] - by Gabu - 05-12-2004, 11:13 PM
[No subject] - by Nate Hunter - 05-24-2004, 07:32 AM
[No subject] - by mowgly - 05-24-2004, 07:53 AM