Join our server on Discord

older Movies you like
Grave of the fireflies (sometime during the 1980's) and Blue Submarine No. 6 (2000 or 2001). Both are anime.

The first one is set in Japan during WWII and tells the story of two orphan children trying to survive. Although it does get a little sentimental at times, I think it's a brilliant movie, beautifully directed. The artwork is great and the music used very effectively. It's actually based on things that really happened.

The second one is a science-fiction-film -- the first anime ever to be made completely on the computer. It is set in a future in which a mad scientist has destroyed the earth's climate by melting the pole ice caps and released genetic mutants who live in the oceans and are now at constant battle with the humans. Each country has one powerful nuclear submarine -- a blue submarine. Japan's is number six. The film does not only describe the battles between humans and mutants but at the end, something strange happens and things will never be the same again. My description doesn't do this film justice. You'll have to see it to know what I'm rambling on about, I can't describe it. It's brilliant. And the underwater battle scenes absolutely ROCK!!!

Messages In This Thread
older Movies you like - by InsaneImpmon - 07-30-2003, 03:46 PM
[No subject] - by milk me! - 07-30-2003, 04:10 PM
[No subject] - by Mr.Onizuka - 07-30-2003, 05:55 PM
[No subject] - by Anus Individual 20 - 07-30-2003, 11:57 PM
[No subject] - by urban dream - 07-31-2003, 07:31 AM