Join our server on Discord

NYC gets first all-gay high school
quicksand_boy Wrote:But it's not segregation. Students in this case have a choice.

Dude, I didn't call This Segrigation. I said that this would bring about a very similare massive court case, Like Segrigation. I understand that students have a choice, choices are always good. I never bashed the people who would want to go to the school. I only was angery at the fact that the people who run, support and attempt to bring the Idea to other school systems will make mistakes, big ones. I think I went a little overboard on the Ideas about who's a homophobe in high places. those days have been long gone, but there is always the chance.

But the real problem I am addressing is the funding for the school. It may be ok in New York City, they may have a well funded school system. but where I live, each time a new highschool pops up (which is basicaly every year), the school system has to drop a few teachers, has to cut back on books, killl a few programs, due to funding and lack of support. Now if this idea takes off and suddenly, ever school system want's to build one or two All gay/lez schools in addition to the schools they must build for area growth, then they are going to be spending a lot of money.

And by the way, Quicksand, mabey where you come from, there might not be rampant fag-haters, but believe me, some places there are, so don't assume that were trying to justify homophobia. In fact, This school, could be a very bad way to shelter Gay/lez students. My school tried something called the 'Gay/strait club'. It's design was basicaly the Moral issues of this new Gay/lez school. give them somewhere they can talk about prejudices and how to overcome them. The Club lasted for a few weeks, got seriously flamed a few times, a few strait guys joined up, and were instantly labled gay. let me tell you this, sepperating people on any unnessecary basis is dangerous.

yes there are cases where the Gay/lez in question is in dire need of help, where someone is making attempts or planning to physicaly harm him because of his sexual preference. But people everyday are threatened and harmed, what makes the gay and lesbian community so different with what they need to do. They go to the police like everyone else. people get murdered all the time. some get murdered for their money, some get murdered for no reason, some get murdered for ordering a martini instead of a bud. They all get handled the same, the cases go to the police and the police does what it can. I'm not justifying the killing of Gays here. anyone who thinks that is obviously afraid of admiting that he/she is a homophobe themselves.

Messages In This Thread
NYC gets first all-gay high school - by milk me! - 07-29-2003, 01:48 PM
[No subject] - by InsaneImpmon - 07-29-2003, 02:13 PM
[No subject] - by Angeteen - 07-30-2003, 12:38 PM
[No subject] - by Anus Individual 20 - 07-30-2003, 01:07 PM
[No subject] - by InsaneImpmon - 07-30-2003, 03:27 PM
[No subject] - by Angeteen - 07-31-2003, 11:12 AM
[No subject] - by JaxomZero - 07-31-2003, 11:38 AM
[No subject] - by milk me! - 07-31-2003, 01:57 PM
[No subject] - by JaxomZero - 07-31-2003, 11:55 PM