Join our server on Discord

Just another old man on a nostalgia trip coming here to reminisce.
Man, it kinda takes me back to those times. Most of the major hentai sites are gone. Most of the places that allow you to post your hentai are gone. WWOEC is gone. Yahoo Groups that used to have tons of hentai groups is gone. EZboard/Yuku that used to have hentai forums is gone and whatever it's called now is strict on keeping adult stuff out. It's all Discord, Twitter and Reddit nowadays and even then there's the big fight to kick hentai out like they did with Tumblr.

Back when I first discovered hentai my favorites were Saigado Publishing for their very on-model KOF doujin and Azasuke Wind for his variety of characters, though he had a huge hardon for Levy from Black Lagoon. It seems Azasuke still draws but not as often, I don't remember the last time he released another album. Saigado seemed to have just stopped or just switched focus to their own OCs. They started with KOF, with the occasional SF, switched to EVA and then went to OCs. They were pretty good at keeping up with KOF year after year with their Yuri and Friends and Athena and Friends, but I guess that big gap between KOF XI and XII killed their interest. It was noticeable that we got KOF XII and XIII and no new Saigado books to correspond. Oh well.

As for the social media, Twitter is so cancel-crazy that I'm surprised there are even hentai artists on Twitter. They're so politically correct you can't tell if they're gonna come after you because of nude art or because you didn't draw the dark girl dark enough. I remember someone drew this pic of Bea from Pokémon in a seductive pose and with bigger and more detailed T&A when compared to the original model, and everyone was all up and arms cause they felt her skin tone was a little too light. They were so busy accusing the artist of 'whitewashing' they didn't go for the more obvious thing of 'omg why are you sexualizing a cartoon character' or whatever. It's a shit show. Don't get me started on that random artist that took the chubbier characters from Steven Universe, slimmed them down and drew them sexy in the more conventional sense. They were out for his/her life, as in they wanted the person to kill themselves. Over art. WTF.

But yeah, I do so miss the good old days.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just another old man on a nostalgia trip coming here to reminisce. - by Usako Man - 04-19-2021, 04:14 PM