Join our server on Discord

I need help!
When I get depressed, I laugh. A lot. I watch stand up comedy on youtube, I watch funny anime, I watch comedy central, anything. Anything to forget for a while, and eventually, it'll go away. If that doesn't work, I keep myself busy, always thinking, never idle, daydream about things I like, things I want to do, things I haven't done yet- make up plans, even if they seem too great to be realistic- to achieve those things. Cook, eat, go out running, watch the sky, listen to music, make your life a music video. Play sad songs to make yourself cry until you've let it all out, fierce songs (fast tempo, harsh sounds, angry lyrics, etc) that make you angry at the world help me get everything out, and soothing songs are best for just lying down on the grass, or a roof, watching the clouds roll by.

Me, I write. I write, and write, and write. I make up characters from scratch, from their appearances to their personalities and back stories, fill in every little detail, every little thing from how they got that scar on their knee to what side of the bed he/she likes to sleep in. Sometimes, I put all my problems into that character's life and exaggerate them exponentially. I make that character struggle, and hurt, and cry, but in the end, the character survives, the character triumphs, and continues to search for a happy ending.

If I'm too restless to write... I run. I run and I run and I run, I exercise, hard. I make myself tired. If I'm too exhausted to think, then I'm too exhausted to feel suicidal. Working hard can also help you release some stress.

When in the end, I cannot face my torment by myself, I talk to a friend, tell him/her everything that's bothering me. Tell everyone I can, release everything I've been trying to hold down by myself and accept the care of those who care about me. Hold hands, or hug them tightly, touch is good, touch is therapeutic. Being patted or stroked naturally soothes children and even adults. Seek comfort in those willing to comfort you, because there is still so much to do, and so much to live for, even if it's not apparent at the moment.

You matter.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers

Messages In This Thread