Join our server on Discord

Data and Matter (Damien and Psyco)
Music 
It is the year 2032 and virtual reality has progressed rapidly. Through a project only started ten years ago. Virtual reality programs are being used frequently and throughout the modern world. As commonplace as cellphones used to be virtual reality now permeates the world. There are two levels of technology. "Cyberspace" and "Solid Data".

Cyberspace is where people can access the internet using their minds. Their subconscious is linked directly to the world wide web, creating the sensation of walking around within a virtual world, their brain and virtual body becoming the computer making the use of more complex programs simple. Even online games have began being made within Cyberspace, allowing for a more realistic gaming medium.

Solid Data is virtual reality interacting with the 'real world'. simple objects can be made that give off the texture and feel and smell of their real world counterpart. However only simple objects can be created and only within areas that support solid data. Such areas are usually cities and main roads which the strong electrical signals can condense into a solid form. Although only simple objects can be made using solid data, being a relative new field, don't worry! Scientists and programmers are hard at work to make more complex spawning so many possibilities!

-_-_-_-_- Strange things have been happening lately with the virtual reality. Glitches and bugs that I haven't encountered before have been occurring. Like, the feeling of pain while in cyberspace. That isn't supposed to happen. Right? I don't know, but my mind may be playing tricks on me. I mean, one night, when walking home at night, I saw this strange creature, sniffing around the internet servers. I went closer to investigate but the creature noticed and ran off. It was definitely no animal I have seen before. And you know that 'noise' sound you sometimes get from electrical objects with bad reception... the whole time I saw that creature, I could hear it in the background.

Also, the programs are getting more advanced... but not in the way you'd expect. I told one... a photo editor, that it made a mistake... and I don't know... it seemed... sad for a moment... I'm just hallucinating, that's it... I'll just take some more of my medication... maybe the visions will leave me alone... -_-_-_-_-

..... Opening text document. Loading. Analyzing. Reading. Editing.
-_-_-_-_- I'm not a hallucination : ) -_-_-_-_-

A human stood on the roof of a city building. His eyes downcast to the streets below. "I don't like this," he spoke softly pulling his black hood up and over his head, sheltering almost all his hair from the wind. His bangs were still being blown around however.

"Neither do I..." replied a gruff voice behind him. A black anthropomorphic wolf stepped from the shadows from the door or to the stairwell. Red tattoos the color of blood etched across the left side of his face and muzzle. The designs followed down to cover the exposed front of his body. Silently the wolf padded up behind the human, his black and white overcoat billowing around his body due to the breeze. "Neither of our peoples are ready, something will go wrong, ether from instinctive human fear or our ambition. We shouldn't have reveled ourselves so early."

"You stole the words right from my lips..." the human agreed pulling the hoodie tighter around his body, the cold beginning to cut into his bones. The wolf seemed unconcerned with the cold. If it was a living thing he would also be chilly, wearing nothing but his overcoat, black leather jeans and belt, even with the extra fur.

"I just hope this doesn't end in blood, and broken data..." the human continued narrowing his eyes, at the humans and various programs walking side by side down below. "And if it does... how many people below will die?"

"Sadly no-one can answer that question... I'm going back to cyberspace, I will continue to be your hacking program, however if war does break out I will remain neutral as long as you do."

"Agreed," the human nodded grimly in response. "Maybe between the two of us we can prevent some of the damage..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mark walked slowly through the city streets. His fingers running along nervously over the gold bracelet around his wrist. A computer in disguise, all he would have to do is to activate it and his mind would be connected to the internet. However he hasn't used it in the last few days. Something was happening in cyberspace. Ever since the world has became aware of the programs' intelligence things have been... awkward? Playing those games, seemed ridiculous with non playing characters that... actually had emotions and real thoughts. Searching for information became, almost degrading, especially when the program gave you a disbelieving looks because you didn't know anything.

Frowning Mark turned into an alleyway that he always used as a shortcut. He couldn't help but feel like he upset his operating system. With the disuse he seemed to have become lonely. Not to mention he kept getting emails from his own computer wondering why he hasn't been online. Talk about strange. Then there was the programs walking around the real world using the solid data.. programs

To absorbed in thought the human didn't hear the small sound of static electricity that was the tell tale sound of a program materializing...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The feathered lizard braced both his hands against the invisible wall. His eyes slitted as he tried pushing himself through. No go, the fire wall wasn't budging. Why could only humans get past this? What was in that section of cyberspace that wouldn't allow programs through? How was it even running? Programs ran everything, even keeping the fabric of cyberspace from unraveling. Hissing lightly he pressed harder into the invisible wall. How wasn't that area falling apart? What were the humans doing in there? Why wouldn't they let programs in? It would certainly make any work they are doing easier...

((Just some quicke profiles))

Name: ?
Personality: ?
Species: Human
Appearance: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2007/3...ease10.jpg

Name: ?
Personality: ?
Species: Anthro wolf Program
Appearance: http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss313...roWolf.jpg

Name: Mark Marsh
Personality: He is a logical thinker, most of the time. He suffers from a variety of mental disease that only show when he forgets to take his medication, mainly through paranoia, and talking to himself as if someone is actually there. He sometimes hallucinates which makes it more difficult to tell reality from fiction with the recent program intelligence. However most of the time he looks at something, someone, or a certain situation carefully, wanting to have all the possible information before reacting. Often he finds himself wandering the city streets and cyber world, in a daze.
Species: Human
Occupation: High-school senior, part-time worker at a video game store.
Appearance: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FbbLB3ouujI/S-..._guy-1.jpg

Name: Larrin
Personality: He is happy and go-lucky and has a strong sense of right and wrong. Often times he can be seen rushing through cyberspace for no reason, sometimes interrupting downloads and crashing computers, by accident of course. He is rather lazy however when it comes to work, choosing to goof off than do actual work.
Species: Feathered Lizard
Occupation: He was a non playing character of an old video game, however after he gained a personality, and the sales of the game reached a total of ten causing the game to shut down, he was free to wander around cyberspace as a rouge program.
Appearance: http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee106...ilowar.jpg
The world is one twisted fucked up place, bring a hard hat and an open mind when you leave the safety of your house.

[Image: sigya.png]

Messages In This Thread
Data and Matter (Damien and Psyco) - by Damien - 03-02-2011, 09:48 AM