Join our server on Discord

The Flame of Youth
Great, an anonymous reviewer. I realize there are terms that are awkward, but I also know that sometimes a fantasy author has to jump into the story and damn the fantasy words. Context can give the meanings away, and I didn't introduce these without indicating their meaning.

Seilb, as indicated in the sentence prior, is an oily secretion, and as told in the sentence post is a toughening agent that gives the orks of Atrusius a natural armor. The wording on it is awkward in retrospect, but the term must stay. It is part of what defines my world to have these words belonging to the residents that are not of english.

The gelshrin, indicated prior is very heavy. Indicated post, it is a sacred weapon to the orks.

Bludbugs are the weakest word in this part of the story, as it's a clear combination of the terms "blood" and "bug", while context indicates they are a swarming creature which bites people and causes an itch.

Swlm is muttered in a bit of disgust and anger, and that context ought to show the association with the word by the speaker, if not the literal meaning. Most literally, it means "cursed to a position", or "cursed to be in a position".

Also, you comment on my rewriting a clich

Messages In This Thread
The Flame of Youth - by Nate Hunter - 08-02-2006, 12:39 PM
[No subject] - by Nate Hunter - 08-06-2006, 04:15 AM
[No subject] - by Guest - 08-06-2006, 05:15 AM
[No subject] - by Nate Hunter - 08-06-2006, 06:14 AM
[No subject] - by Nate Hunter - 08-07-2006, 06:15 AM