Join our server on Discord

The Reader's Corner.
For myself I recently read Wisemon's "Gump", not YET on the DAD, but it should be up before too long. For those not in the know most, if not all, of Wisemon's titles are Weird Al song titles, but this goes beyond referencing the song, to being a reflection of the movie -- and best of all, without the wearing on and on of thr movie. I found it a great fic for the unusual tone that Wisemon adopted, of being down to earth.

I also recently re-read Archive's "Unforgiven" and that fic still impacts me, three years after I judged it for a contest. It was a great piece then in explaining a possibility for a meek and submissive Ruki, and still is. I like to see tables turned and see well written stories that justify why the characters are so different from what we know, and I dont think I've yet seen an author (fan-author, at least) as skilled at weaving the threads together to achieve the results necessary to their story as Lord Archive.

Sadly, I don't read a lot of fan-fiction these days unless it's related to judging a contest or reviewing a story by request, so aside from those two I haven't really read any great stories online lately. If you're not much of one for straight fics, these may not be for you (and I know you also read Gump, Mullen, so I'm not recommending that to you), but they're still well written stories, whether the content is up your back alley or not.

Messages In This Thread
The Reader's Corner. - by Herr Mullen - 07-24-2006, 08:30 AM
[No subject] - by Nate Hunter - 07-24-2006, 09:36 AM
[No subject] - by Herr Mullen - 07-24-2006, 09:43 AM
[No subject] - by Wisemon - 07-24-2006, 11:12 AM
[No subject] - by Marine - 07-24-2006, 09:19 PM
[No subject] - by Wisemon - 07-25-2006, 10:12 AM
[No subject] - by circeus - 07-25-2006, 11:35 AM
[No subject] - by Herr Mullen - 07-26-2006, 05:59 AM