Join our server on Discord

Digimon and Pokemon: A middle of the night musing.
Yeah, point is, except those two moves and a few accounted evolutions, happiness doesn't do much in Pokemon. Doesn't cause them to run off or disobey you or maybe force you to give them up.

Ah, yes! For your info, in Digimon World, there's two exogenous extra status bars for your digimon. One of them is Happiness while the other is Discipline. They both are measured by percentages and they directly impact on your digimon's life and performance. Higher Discipline makes it take everything you give to it without objecting, and makes it a lot easier to raise not to mention it won't be a rebel in battle and do whatever it wants instead of listening to your commands, but it makes your digimon propense to dying earlier. You can boost Discipline by keeping your digimon from pooping on the floor, feeding him only when he's hungry, battling and scolding it. Scolding it when it's bad makes it both happier and more disciplined, but randomly scolding it makes discipline raise only a tiny bit and it gets pissed back at you.

Then, there's happiness, it raises when it eats, sleeps, rests, wins battles, is taken to potty and when it's praised. Praising it lowers Discipline though. Conversely, a 100% happy digimon will live a very long life, whereas a digimon that hates its tamer will even be sad and permanently lose stats as it cries, not to mention it'll be nearer to the harp than the guitar.

Digimon World rocked because of those. Taking care of a digimon was annoying at times, but I had my methods.

*Flashback*

DMX: PUSH THAT DAMNED TWO TON BOULDER YOU WORTHLESS MINIATURE LIZARD!

Agumon: I'm trying, I'm trying! Waaaah! I'm tired! I'm hungry!

DMX: RUN THAT MILE-LONG COURSE WITH THOSE PATHETIC EXCUSES FOR LEGS YOU GOT!

Agumon: Waaaaah! I'm sleepy!

DMX: KEEP GIVING THAT RETRACTABLE TRUNK HELL! AND THEN YOU'LL SLEEP!

*Several days later*

Agumon: *Gets fed and praised several times, trained another few more times and then digivolves*

Greymon: I love you.

DMX: I know.

*/Flashback*

Pixels' feelings are so abusable.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digimon and Pokemon: A middle of the night musing. - by DragonMasterX - 06-01-2010, 06:42 AM