Join our server on Discord

Furry Universe History
I recently decided to write an original, non fan-fic story.

I had trouble figuring out how I was going to explain furries' existence. So I started looking around. And I couldn't find an explanation that I really liked.

So, I sat down and created one. This is the set up for my story; the history of an alternate world where furries exist alongside with humans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

September, 1880
A terrible STD plagues the planet. However, this STD does not affect humans at all. Every other species is affected. Effects of the STD vary not by species but by gender.

Male Symptoms – Death

Female Symptoms – Increased range of fertility

When disease is first discovered, symptoms are unknown. The following mating season, the entire male population of animals is nearly eliminated. The United States manages to save a few males of each species, but no more then ten each.

Infected females were now able to be impregnated by any species. With no males of their own to mate with, animal females begin to approach human males. While most homo sapiens turned the “lesser species” away, a select few mated with the animals. Several months later, the impregnated animals gave birth to a brand new race.

January, 1881
Scientists analyze the new creatures. They find that the newborns are indeed part human. The other half of their genes belonged to the mother.

It is found to be that most animal traits are dominant over those of humans. The only visible human trait is an altered body structure. The world government announces that a new race of anthropomorphic animals has begun to inhabit the planet.

Population:
Human: roughly 10 million
New race: roughly 500,000

Over the last nineteen years, the New Race has been educated. They are as intelligent as humans, if not smarter. They hold jobs in minor positions, mostly manual labor, and are accepted members of society. The new race reaches adulthood and begins to breed. They are banned from mating with humans, so they multiply within themselves. Born in litters of about three, the population of the race triples.

Population:
Human: roughly 15 million
New race: roughly 1.5 million

World War II ends. The New Race German general, Adolf Hitler, has led a holocaust against humans, seeing them as an inferior race. Due to their lack of claws, fangs and killer instinct, human losses were great. When the death toll was finalized, humans were no longer the most populous species on the planet.

Population:
Human: 1 billion
New race: 3 billion

Human’s have reproduced enough to even out the population gap.

New Race activists riot against the world government in a semi-organized strike. Their goal is to achieve the freedom to mate as they choose. After nine months of striking, the government gives way. Human – New Race marriages are now legal, as well as inter-species mating.

Population:
Human: 5 billion
New race: 5.5 billion

New Race and human mothers give birth. The third race, deemed “Half-Breeds” by the general public, possessed mostly human traits.

Genetic research has revealed that the New Race kept their recessive human traits as well as their animal ones. When mated with humans, these recessive genes became obvious. In most cases, Half-Breeds possessed the following animal traits on their otherwise human figure:

Small fangs
Tail
Animal-esque ears
Claws in a few cases

The Half-Breeds form a third race, bridging the gap between the prior two.

A new form of racism rises. A very small percentage of each race despises the others. However, Half-Breeds appear to have no hard feelings towards either other race, due to the fact that they were born from both.

Population:
Human: 5.3 billion
New race: 5.9 billion
Half-Breed: 1 billion

A ten year famine comes to an end. The famine, caused by over population of the planet, led to food and water shortages which killed off many of each race, leaving the population divided into roughly thirds.

Population:
Human: 3 billion
New race: 4 billion
Half-Breed: 3.5 billion

2010 – Present Day
Races get along mostly peacefully. Members of every race are involved in everything from government to film.

Population:
Human: 3.1 billion
New race: 3.9 billion
Half-Breed: 3.7 billion

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you all think that'll work?
[Image: Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif]

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!

Messages In This Thread
Furry Universe History - by Adym - 05-21-2010, 11:22 AM
RE: Furry Universe History - by DragonMasterX - 05-21-2010, 11:56 AM
RE: Furry Universe History - by Adym - 05-21-2010, 11:59 AM
RE: Furry Universe History - by DragonMasterX - 05-21-2010, 02:07 PM
RE: Furry Universe History - by Adym - 05-21-2010, 02:17 PM
RE: Furry Universe History - by DragonMasterX - 05-21-2010, 03:19 PM
RE: Furry Universe History - by Adym - 05-21-2010, 03:32 PM
RE: Furry Universe History - by DragonMasterX - 05-21-2010, 03:36 PM
RE: Furry Universe History - by Adym - 05-21-2010, 03:46 PM