Join our server on Discord

Biggest surprise/dissapointment.
[Huge Spoilers ahead]

Quote:playing Persona 4 (they aren't connected) may damage your opinion of this game a little since that game really streamlined things and improved everything.

You got that wrong. I'm not sure what part of the game you are on, but if you paid attention to the dates, P3 goes with the timeline of P4, happening before 2010 (P4). Gekkukan (sp) High School is visited by the P4 team halfway through the game. Also, did you notice Chisao, the bookworm that fears men? Don't you remember who Yosuke thought was a darn hottie during the visit to Gekkukan (sp), when they received the welcome from a girl named "Chisao", who seemed to be pretty under-confident and made a reference to an ex-senior who taught her how to deal with things? (Mitsuru) :P

Also, during the same visit, you get a lecture from one of the teachers in Gekkukan (sp), Mr. Edogawa, the school's nurse, the same weirdo that loves talking about arcanna and mythology in P3.

If you paid attention to what Naoto said during one of the intermissions in P4 when she explains what Personas and Shadows are, you'll see she 'pulled a research document' from somewhere, it heavily hints to the stuff written during the P3 plot by the Kijiro Group.

Additionally, Igor and his assistant. If you play both games thoroughly, you'll find the reason why Elizabeth's been replaced by her sister Margaret in P4.

P4 insanely is related to P3, in major and minorly hinted ways, Crimson. I agree that Players won't be spoiled by P4 (At least not majorly) about P3, but I just wanted to note that they are connected, they pertain to the same timeline after all.

------------

Biggest Surprise: Resident Evil 5. HOLY DAMN! I still remember when I used to be 9 years old and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis scared me till I gave the CD away to one of my childhood friends.

Well, after that, I began on a Resident Evil playing spree when I got older. 1, 2, 3, 4, Survivor, Dead Aim, Code: Veronica X and then... it all suddenly came to a stop. Sniff. No PS3, no Xbox, no Wii... no more undead awesomeness.

But, fortune smiled upon me this year as after being able to purchase an all new PC that's well-equipped for gaming. First game for the PC I purchased: Resident Evil 5.

Okay, let's not beat the bush around this one. It's a smoothed-up Resident Evil 4 that adds co-dependancy during playthroughs with a partner that can assist you in your journey to kill stuffs. The graphics, revamped inventory system and overall game engine makes it all much sweeter. It might be hard as heck to pull off, but this is the first Resident Evil to employ combo attacks between allies, and seeing the Majini get slugged so hard really puts a smile on my face.

The game's full of unlockables, from Graphic Filters to Unlimited ammo for every single weapon that uses any kind of bullet. The game doesn't suffer from replayabilty boredoms, because aside the "New Game +" option you get you may also switch your Main Character for the other one. Hey, the perspective doesn't get major changes story-wise, but it may prove to be fun to take the routes the partner has to that you can't access normally!

Also, great job on Capcom's part for adding the Resident Evil History unlockables in the files, for everything Resident Evil related thing. I liked that, and read all the files out of interest and curiosity for what the backstory of it all had been.

The scenes are awesome, I don't really get why there's so much hate about QTEs, I personally think they are innovate, and have been thinking the same ever since RE4. I mean, most of the time you must QTE means you're either gonna be dangerously slugged or outright murdered. Instant Death is a recurring obstacle in most games, QTE-fail induced Instant Deaths doesn't make QTE dumb, it makes people sucky at paying attention to the enemy's reactions.

Still, even if most QTEs show how sweetly one can escape dire situations, I gotta agree that sometimes they are badly positioned. Why? Because you're trying to concentrate on the plot, too. Resident Evil 5 has an awesome plot, and the scenes are greatly done, with graphics having been worked to the bone with and the voice actors making great effort to put emotion in their dialogues. That's why I can't say that suddenly seeing F+V in my screen and then seeing Chris drop dead sort of got me mad. But yeah, I personally think the QTEs are fine. The game is more than just QTEs anyway!

-------------

Another Biggest Surprise: Mass Effect.

Holy Brain Abductions.

The game isn't long when you analyze it from the gameplay angle. No. You got one Prologue, one diplomatic mission, three investigation missions and then you start going through to the last two endgame missions.

The question that will spring up then is- What makes it so sweet? I can't say for sure, not without sounding contradictory more than one time, but the game has you locked into a bull-load of side-quests and dialogue scenes. Dialogue scenes with multiple and re-takeable roads. For the vast majority of characters you talk to.

Look, when I was told this game was a space-drama-like RPG, I immediately thought I'd be playing some sort of FF VII with a Star Craft plot theme. Oh, I'm so friggin' glad I was wrong.

I've told this to people twice, and here's the third: Mass Effect is like having Star Craft's world, Resident Evil 5's battle interface and Persona 3/4's personality-building scheme gone wild. That, summed to some intrincate Level Up system Bioware came up with, makes this game a gigantic amalgam of awesomeness.

The diversity on races is incredible, the amount of fights you can CHOOSE to get in are staggering, the amount of outcomes you can choose for most of every situation in the game makes you feel like you had immediate save states like in an emulator.

The game isn't long, again. The vast amount of sidequests you can do to power yourself up, to learn about your platoon members and all the dialogues you can recurr to to get all the info on the universe's history and plot makes it long. Somehow, I can't drop it, even if I'm more a fan of nailing stuff down with assault rifles, and they got me down listening to every single alien I run into, I keep playing and the time flies by.

Hmm, I don't think I can adulate this game anymore, but I'm gonna say this: The only reason I haven't bought ME2 yet is because I don't have the money for it. Over and out.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Bee - 10-28-2009, 04:21 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Wisemon - 10-29-2009, 09:59 AM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Kurtz - 10-29-2009, 02:25 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Gol22 - 11-09-2009, 07:38 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Ryan - 11-18-2009, 12:51 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Lokki - 01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Kurtz - 03-12-2010, 01:21 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Kurtz - 03-18-2010, 03:51 AM