Join our server on Discord

Shit happens
Shit happens. So let us discuss this shit, whether it be about a lost love, a personal injury. Just post something bad/sad/crazy that has happened to you.

For me, in 9th grade P.E. class, we were playing two hand touch American Football. Our team was ahead by one Touch Down, and another would secure our victory.

As far as school goes, I was the outcast in PE. I never really was into competitive sports, so I got some harassment for that. I wasn't popular, but I wasn't unpopular. People knew me, I knew them, and I had only six people whom I considered friends. And as such, I still have those six friends.

Back on topic, the quarter back said hike and I sprinted the fifteen yards and cut to the inside of my defender. I looked over my shoulder to see a football, beautifully spiraling towards where I would be in a few seconds. My feet pulled me further, my arms stretched out, the ball preparing to gently land in my fingers.

I woke up in the nurse's office, my second left top tooth hanging on by a thread, nine lacerations across the inside of my upper lip, one hole that almost completely punctured my lip, and one hell of a headache. I have no memory of the event, so all I know is what I heard from other people. Apparently when I was about to catch the ball, one of the defenders was just standing around with his thumb up his ass instead of playing, and I ran into the back of his head, my tooth coming loose and cutting up the inside of my lip. I then fell, first completing a 360* turn and landing ON the left side of my face, the tooth nearly going through the space above the lip. I recieved a minor concussion, and upon impact, my brain lost a few connections and was trying to rework itself, hence as to why I don't have memory of the event. Short term memory was temporarily lost while my brain worked to find alternate routes around the damaged areas of my head.

went to the ER, recieved 20 stitches, they FORCED the tooth back into my gums, hoping it would survive. A year later of course, it didn't and they had to remove it, shaving down the two teeth next to it so that I could where a bridge that now glows when I'm under a blacklight.

Messages In This Thread
Shit happens - by RaptorSyn - 03-31-2010, 01:53 AM
RE: Shit happens - by UnknownH - 03-31-2010, 01:40 PM
RE: Shit happens - by RaptorSyn - 03-31-2010, 05:01 PM
RE: Shit happens - by ParkerXD - 04-01-2010, 12:47 AM
RE: Shit happens - by RaptorSyn - 04-01-2010, 02:03 AM
RE: Shit happens - by Ryan - 04-01-2010, 05:27 AM
RE: Shit happens - by Yumi - 04-01-2010, 06:46 PM
RE: Shit happens - by Asesino - 04-01-2010, 08:45 PM
RE: Shit happens - by fred_18_2008 - 04-01-2010, 11:53 PM
RE: Shit happens - by UnknownH - 04-02-2010, 01:53 PM
RE: Shit happens - by Guilmon and a shotgun - 04-03-2010, 09:59 AM